The Video Game Thread

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Microsoft is buying Activision for like $70B. Been on Xbox since the beginning but I don’t care for 1 enterprise to hold all the cards. I want competition out there to give all platform users the best experience.

there’s still gonna be competition among the studios within M$ but ultimately the same guy is going to make the call. Don’t care for it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Microsoft is buying Activision for like $70B. Been on Xbox since the beginning but I don’t care for 1 enterprise to hold all the cards. I want competition out there to give all platform users the best experience.

there’s still gonna be competition among the studios within M$ but ultimately the same guy is going to make the call. Don’t care for it.
Activision has a lot bigger problems right now with lawsuits, very questionable work environment issues, best people leaving, worker walkouts, etc.

While I agree that too much consolidation is a bad thing, this is one of those situations where Activision's future may depend on another company with authority taking over and making decisions that a lot of the Activation executives seem unable or unwilling to make.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Activision has a lot bigger problems right now with lawsuits, very questionable work environment issues, best people leaving, worker walkouts, etc.

While I agree that too much consolidation is a bad thing, this is one of those situations where Activision's future may depend on another company with authority taking over and making decisions that a lot of the Activation executives seem unable or unwilling to make.

Was that across the board or just Blizzard? I mean, can’t be too bad if they just got $70B.

I dunno. I’m sure it’ll be insignificant in the long run. M$ will probably just stay status quo on the titles to avoid player attrition, but the possibly of never improving turns me off.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

FROM Software (Dark Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring) I believe is a segment of Activision...was thinking of how well those games are made and I just don't want the top people messing with a good thing through these conglomerates and maybe down the line with exclusives.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

That's a mess over there, I just watched a few youtube videos on it. Also didn't realize they're the Call of Duty folks so...makes much more sense tbh. I'm thinking Dark Souls precision may be FROM software, where Activision as a whole is like an underage kegger that doesn't end even when the cops show up lol

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a mess over there, I just watched a few youtube videos on it. Also didn't realize they're the Call of Duty folks so...makes much more sense tbh. I'm thinking Dark Souls precision may be FROM software, where Activision as a whole is like an underage kegger that doesn't end even when the cops show up lol
Some of the stories being posted and shared are really damaging the company's reputation, especially when not all people involved or responsible are being removed. The stories being posted online definitely present a "frat party" environment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is kinda late but I played the Elden Ring closed beta a couple of months ago and it was awesome.

Now just waiting for the full release. Got about a month.

If they get the Multi Player right the game is gonna be amazing imo.

Lutonio

Reaction score
One company I would like to see M$ buy would be Gearbox. I want another Borderlands but one that doesn’t suck. Second game was almost perfect. Everything after has been worse.

Have you see this? It’s an entire game modeled after the Borderlands 2 Dragon Keep expansion. I thought the Pre Sequel has meh and Borderlands 3 plain bad, but I think this looks really good.