The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anyone else psyched for HZD Forbidden West?
I am!!! Well, kind of. lol I still don't have a PS5, so I'm going to be "forced" to get the PS4 version. What I don't know, and maybe you guys can help me out, if I buy the PS4 version and end up with a PS5 eventually, can you upgrade the game?

So, yes, I am stoked for the game, but there will be this little voice in my head the whole time saying "Imagine what this would look like on a PS5!" :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
That sounds like a more hardcore rpg instead of some of the action games they are calling rpgs like Dark Souls/Sekiro. That's pretty cool though, like some of the healing items/buffs aren't as maxed out vs some others would be a pretty cool variable to mix in tbh

It is indeed somewhat hardcore, only played about 12 hours but remember a part where i was getting chased on horseback and getting very frustrated.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am!!! Well, kind of. lol I still don't have a PS5, so I'm going to be "forced" to get the PS4 version. What I don't know, and maybe you guys can help me out, if I buy the PS4 version and end up with a PS5 eventually, can you upgrade the game?

So, yes, I am stoked for the game, but there will be this little voice in my head the whole time saying "Imagine what this would look like on a PS5!" :laugh:
Same here lol. But I loved the gameplay and story of the first so much, I'm willing to be impatient and accept the lesser visuals lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Anyone else psyched for HZD Forbidden West?

TLDR: Yes, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 Horizon Forbidden West into a PlayStation 5 version for free. :cool:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lost Ark was supposed to release about 5 hours ago on Steam, still not released and believe{?} they are having server issues or something similar. Was going to buy a Founders pack but decided not to. The game currently has a 96 percentile rating on Steam but i am fairly certain that will drop once free to play release hits. Hopefully i will be able to play a little bit tonight and report back.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lost Ark was supposed to release about 5 hours ago on Steam, still not released and believe{?} they are having server issues or something similar. Was going to buy a Founders pack but decided not to. The game currently has a 96 percentile rating on Steam but i am fairly certain that will drop once free to play release hits. Hopefully i will be able to play a little bit tonight and report back.
The game actually launched 3 days ago for people who purchased Founder's packs.

I also read the Founder's packs are supposed to no longer be available once the game officially launches, but I think that would be a foolish move since it is a free-to-play game so it will be interesting to see if they remove their major cash option.

I have not bought a Founder's pack and do not think I will. The game looks fun, but I have been very busy lately and my fear is that I would buy a Founder's pack, download the game and by the time I have some free time to play it most people will have moved on with most of the remaining people being the end-game diehards.

That may not happen of course and it may turn out to be a real popular game for years, but I think I am going to wait and see how it is doing after a month or two before deciding if it is worth my time.

Another issue is that Elden Ring is coming out in two weeks and I have heard a lot of people mention they plan to play it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That sounds like a more hardcore rpg instead of some of the action games they are calling rpgs like Dark Souls/Sekiro. That's pretty cool though, like some of the healing items/buffs aren't as maxed out vs some others would be a pretty cool variable to mix in tbh

Sekiro isn't RPG. Dark Souls is however. Action RPG of course, but an RPG it is. Elden Ring seems to be going even heavier in the RPG direction.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The game actually launched 3 days ago for people who purchased Founder's packs.

I also read the Founder's packs are supposed to no longer be available once the game officially launches, but I think that would be a foolish move since it is a free-to-play game so it will be interesting to see if they remove their major cash option.

I have not bought a Founder's pack and do not think I will. The game looks fun, but I have been very busy lately and my fear is that I would buy a Founder's pack, download the game and by the time I have some free time to play it most people will have moved on with most of the remaining people being the end-game diehards.

That may not happen of course and it may turn out to be a real popular game for years, but I think I am going to wait and see how it is doing after a month or two before deciding if it is worth my time.

Another issue is that Elden Ring is coming out in two weeks and I have heard a lot of people mention they plan to play it.

Just checked on Steam and my suspicions were correct, the games ratings have dropped to around 75%. The original 3 packs are gone, replaced by 3 new ones. The apprentice starter pack{19.99}, the explorer starter pack{34.99} and the vanquisher starter pack{64.99}. Also Amazon prime/gaming has a battle pack available for free for Prime members only of course. Am going to play for a bit for free and see what happens. If me like i will purchase a pack or maybe something in store.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Sekiro isn't RPG. Dark Souls is however. Action RPG of course, but an RPG it is. Elden Ring seems to be going even heavier in the RPG direction.
True, I guess Sekiro is the character there. I see more Demon Souls as an RPG with the world tendency stuff at play and unfamiliar nature of the world/place in it but see your point with DarkSouls too. It feels like the term is used interchangeably for less hardcores like myself I just group them together.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Anybody playing Dying Light 2? Was going to wait with Horizon and Elden Ring but figured what the hey...downloading now probably play tomorrow. I liked the first and am seeing 7/10 ranges for reviews.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Was able to get an order through forna PS5. It arrives the 17th. Forbidden West drops thr 18th. How perfect is that!

I got incredibly lucky about a year ago just messing around on Gamestop when one of their bundles went live - got the Demon's Souls + 2 controllers bundle. I still see people on Nowinstock waiting around for one. I haven't even bothered with GPUs since they are even harder to get.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Welp. I am ashamed of myself. I bought a ps5 from a scalper. Got them down to $730 but I’m running out of time for gt7 AND they seem to only be going up in price as releases keep slowing down. :( Seems expensive I know but it’s available local and all the places I been searching online have came out to around $800 after fees and taxes.