The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Welp. I am ashamed of myself. I bought a ps5 from a scalper. Got them down to $730 but I’m running out of time for gt7 AND they seem to only be going up in price as releases keep slowing down. :( Seems expensive I know but it’s available local and all the places I been searching online have came out to around $800 after fees and taxes.

Scalpers have pretty much ruined getting new hardware at MSRP. Totally stinks.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Welp. I am ashamed of myself. I bought a ps5 from a scalper. Got them down to $730 but I’m running out of time for gt7 AND they seem to only be going up in price as releases keep slowing down. :( Seems expensive I know but it’s available local and all the places I been searching online have came out to around $800 after fees and taxes.
Scalpers have pretty much ruined getting new hardware at MSRP. Totally stinks.

I came super close one day. Had the guy down to $650 for a PS5. I just couldn't do it. I backed out at the last minute. I think the guy was annoyed with me at the end, but oh well. :D

My Series X will hold me over until the market comes back. I at least have a PS4 Pro.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I came super close one day. Had the guy down to $650 for a PS5. I just couldn't do it. I backed out at the last minute. I think the guy was annoyed with me at the end, but oh well. :D

My Series X will hold me over until the market comes back. I at least have a PS4 Pro.
I gave my ps4 away a while ago had no idea it would take this long and still never see one in store but it’s my luck that I buy this thing and I have 2 vendors tell me components are getting ready to hit their and our shelves em masse.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I gave my ps4 away a while ago had no idea it would take this long and still never see one in store but it’s my luck that I buy this thing and I have 2 vendors tell me components are getting ready to hit their and our shelves em masse.
At this point, I would've gone the scalper route too so don't beat yourself up. I'd have to see it before believing it regarding the the "shelves being full" bc it seems like the "get you in to buy something impulsively or to justify your wasted time" angle.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I would have NEVER guessed it would be like this over a year later. Just insane. I knew it would be crazy for awhile, but to see it still rolling along like this, just unreal.

Looking back, I realize how lucky I was to even snag a Series X. Good possibility I could have been sitting here with no new console. lol

Vanilla2

Reaction score
At this point, I would've gone the scalper route too so don't beat yourself up. I'd have to see it before believing it regarding the the "shelves being full" bc it seems like the "get you in to buy something impulsively or to justify your wasted time" angle.
I struggled with the decision to buy the 5. I was talking about my job where we’ve been dealing with shortages and allocations and if we’re starting to see some relief on the horizon I bet someone as big as Sony is definitely already getting stock to build.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I struggled with the decision to buy the 5. I was talking about my job where we’ve been dealing with shortages and allocations and if we’re starting to see some relief on the horizon I bet someone as big as Sony is definitely already getting stock to build.
Oh I gotcha I misunderstood you're referencing the hardware materials to make them and see what you meant now. Enjoy your system!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I have a question, i do most of my gaming on the PC, but will eventually look in getting a PS5. What type of TV set is necessary to take advantage of the consoles power? Currently have a 65 inch 3 and a half year old Samsung 4K TV.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have a question, i do most of my gaming on the PC, but will eventually look in getting a PS5. What type of TV set is necessary to take advantage of the consoles power? Currently have a 65 inch 3 and a half year old Samsung 4K TV.
I'm no expert, but I can tell you what I think based off my experience.

I had a Sony 4K LED TV in my living room. My "main" gaming setup. I had my Series X/PS4 Pro on it. It's was a middle of the road model TV. Had a fantastic picture but only had the HDMI 2.0. Everything looked great and sharp. Honestly, no complaints, however, I was walking through Best Buy and an amazing TV picture caught my eye. It was an OLED. I'm a sucker for technology, so oh boy, here we go....................

After finding justification to the wife that we needed another new 4K TV (I made a deal with her. She wanted carpet. I wanted an OLED. See where this is going? :D) I got the green light. I researched and researched. Kept finding myself coming back to the LG CX. I love Sony, wanted a Sony, but this LG had amazing reviews and was great bang for the buck. Bought it. I LOVE IT!! It has the HDMI 2.1 so I can get 120hz (if the game allows) and the picture is incredible. The colors are deeper, more crisp, and overall the picture just pops. I was worried going from 4K to 4K wouldn't make much difference, but it did and I don't regret this purchase even in the slightest. The only downside to OLED, and I do probably overthink/worry about this, is that you can get burn in. The LG has technology baked into it that is supposed to fight it, however, the chance is still there. So far so good for me going 1 year in.

TL;DR Version: Buy an OLED. They are amazing.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be ashamed. It's been over a year since the release and for the majority of the people it's still not available. I got lucky when I got mine. I know everybody had to go online only sales because of Covid, but now that it's dying down the stores should have in-store inventory where you have to physically buy the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm no expert, but I can tell you what I think based off my experience.

I had a Sony 4K LED TV in my living room. My "main" gaming setup. I had my Series X/PS4 Pro on it. It's was a middle of the road model TV. Had a fantastic picture but only had the HDMI 2.0. Everything looked great and sharp. Honestly, no complaints, however, I was walking through Best Buy and an amazing TV picture caught my eye. It was an OLED. I'm a sucker for technology, so oh boy, here we go....................

After finding justification to the wife that we needed another new 4K TV (I made a deal with her. She wanted carpet. I wanted an OLED. See where this is going? :D) I got the green light. I researched and researched. Kept finding myself coming back to the LG CX. I love Sony, wanted a Sony, but this LG had amazing reviews and was great bang for the buck. Bought it. I LOVE IT!! It has the HDMI 2.1 so I can get 120hz (if the game allows) and the picture is incredible. The colors are deeper, more crisp, and overall the picture just pops. I was worried going from 4K to 4K wouldn't make much difference, but it did and I don't regret this purchase even in the slightest. The only downside to OLED, and I do probably overthink/worry about this, is that you can get burn in. The LG has technology baked into it that is supposed to fight it, however, the chance is still there. So far so good for me going 1 year in.

TL;DR Version: Buy an OLED. They are amazing.
I love my LG OLED. I got the TV before I got my PS5. I didn't know at the time It would take so long to get the PS5.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I am absolutely stoked for this. Please, please don't mess it up Netflix. One of my most favorite games I've ever played. The storyline just drew me in instantly and I loved every second of it.

It'll be interesting to see how they make it with such a unique setting. I imagine a lot of CGI will be involved. Let's just hope they use it correctly.