The Video Game Thread

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
When you have a monopoly over football games, you can continue to put out trash and people have no other choice
Yeah I know but it amazes me how bad it still is.......they say they fixed things and added all these new animations and then I corners on every other play completely turning there backs to the ball, bending over and just standing there for 3 seconds. It's such trash.

J12B

Reaction score
2004-2007 were the best years. I remember doing GM Mode and Dynasty. I'd set the price of hotdogs sold at the game and draft players at the end of each season. It was the best.

I tried getting back into when I bought a PS4 a few years ago but couldn't.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Why every year is this trash allowed to make money. It is criminal. The gameplay sucks, the graphics suck, the commentary sucks, it just completely sucks year after year and never changes.
"Allowed to make money"

Because idiots spend money on it, that's why. Because it's the only NFL game available.

Don't buy it. I'm not buying it this year, despite the fact that I'm in Africa with absolutely nothing to do when I'm not working. If I can refrain from wasting money on that garbage, you can too.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
2004-2007 were the best years. I remember doing GM Mode and Dynasty. I'd set the price of hotdogs sold at the game and draft players at the end of each season. It was the best.

I tried getting back into when I bought a PS4 a few years ago but couldn't.

I thought so too. My favorite was around 2007 on playstation 2 playing with the bengals, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry. The brady and moss duo was almost unstoppable but I liked the bengals better

Playstation 2 was a good console.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Why every year is this trash allowed to make money. It is criminal. The gameplay sucks, the graphics suck, the commentary sucks, it just completely sucks year after year and never changes.
Yep, and they have been getting away with it for years.
When you have a monopoly over football games, you can continue to put out trash and people have no other choice
Exactly, back in the day you had the 2k series, NFL Quarterback club and NFL gameday series to give Madden competition, Not anymore. I hate EA with a passion.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Holy Crap this was unexpected...but yeah LETS GO

Also The Callisto Protocol is going to be mind blowing and could give Elden Ring a run for Game of The Year.

And of course from Gamescon today...WE all needed a Killer Klowns From Outer Space game LOL!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Holy Crap this was unexpected...but yeah LETS GO

Also The Callisto Protocol is going to be mind blowing and could give Elden Ring a run for Game of The Year.

And of course from Gamescon today...WE all needed a Killer Klowns From Outer Space game LOL!

Very cool, I hadn't heard anything about a Dune game but could easily see the transition. A lot of video game plots pull from that basic premise and go from there.

Calisto looks really sharp and looking forward to it...I like the balance Dead Space had with action and horror; not too fast, not too slow but always tense.

Killer Klowns is that cool unique out of left field title we saw a lot of in the 360 era...I'm all for it! Need more games to be "different" instead of the copy and paste formula...well they are the creators of Friday the 13th game but like the Killer Klown angle as long as it's not "Saints row goofy" it should work.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think madden 23 is good compared to when 2k was around and madden had to actually improve the game but I think this year was a step in the right direction in franchise mode in terms of game play.
Sure, some annoying animations and general lack of awareness for your cpu players can be maddening, lol, but im 10 games in and having an enjoyable time overall.

My main gripes is that the cpu just can have unreal plays on the ball. Hell, still have the cpu slider still on 0 and still see lbs make some unreal picks. Pretty sure Dak is leading the league in tds and ints lol.

I can tell the difference between Zeke running inside and outside compared to Pollard. Fighting for the extra yard with Zeke is noticeable. Having Tyron Smith out of the game sucks. Lol
Having Parsons switch sides to take advantage of a weak tackle makes a difference. 13 sacks in 8 games with ~11 of those being cpu sacks.
Running vs the eagles inside is hard and requires you to use Pollard more on outside runs etc. Noticed the cpu will try to adjust more if you use 1 play alot.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I don't think madden 23 is good compared to when 2k was around and madden had to actually improve the game but I think this year was a step in the right direction in franchise mode in terms of game play.
Sure, some annoying animations and general lack of awareness for your cpu players can be maddening, lol, but im 10 games in and having an enjoyable time overall.

My main gripes is that the cpu just can have unreal plays on the ball. Hell, still have the cpu slider still on 0 and still see lbs make some unreal picks. Pretty sure Dak is leading the league in tds and ints lol.

I can tell the difference between Zeke running inside and outside compared to Pollard. Fighting for the extra yard with Zeke is noticeable. Having Tyron Smith out of the game sucks. Lol
Having Parsons switch sides to take advantage of a weak tackle makes a difference. 13 sacks in 8 games with ~11 of those being cpu sacks.
Running vs the eagles inside is hard and requires you to use Pollard more on outside runs etc. Noticed the cpu will try to adjust more if you use 1 play alot.

Regarding your gripes is what made Madden great though. Madden 05 which was considered one of the best Madden had LBs playing like corners and cb making interceptions while not looking at the ball at all. We just learned to adapt and became better at passing.

This Madden is basically bringing back success to how the user plays and not by ratings imo.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

I agree that I'm enjoying this year's game much more than the last 5 - actually only 8-6 in my franchise. But this year you can tell "SOME" effort was made which is noticeable on the field and with the franchise mode.

Zeke is my work horse and Steele gets Dak killed (more me taking too long to make a decision, but the contrast is night and day where I get the pressure with Tyron vs Steele)

Same with Micah on the edge vs Sam Williams or an avg. player. He gets sacks on his own with realistic pass rush moves; the edge rush looks great this year, the dip and turn to the QB looks like a real pass rush move instead of a pre-determined animation. I tend to play as Hooker as a nickle Safety in the box and Micah sometimes can just steamroll the tackle 3-4 times a game.

Picks are easier to throw but much easier to make as well...Anthony Brown has something like 10 so far from me just switching and holding Triangle/Y, etc. Much better game than in years past...I rarely make it to September any more but can see that happening this year esp with improvements to Franchise mode.
Regarding your gripes is what made Madden great though. Madden 05 which was considered one of the best Madden had LBs playing like corners and cb making interceptions while not looking at the ball at all. We just learned to adapt and became better at passing.
This Madden is basically bringing back success to how the user plays and not by ratings imo.
Good point on making it hard enough to come back for more too. In a franchise where you're mainly playing the cpu, you need them to be unreasonably strong at times to make it completive; maybe not the 3rd down automatic vibe you get sometimes, but hear your point and think some unfairness is needed for cpu play to keep franchise mode interesting.

John813

Reaction score

Oh for sure. Just hate that maybe 3-4 picks by the cpu had that speed boost where they covered yards from trailing the receiver to now side by side next to the receiver and makes an impressive pick.
Definitely have to read the defense better/it makes for a harder game so I'm fine with it. Had to kick a last second FG to beat the Lions 37-35.

I agree that I'm enjoying this year's game much more than the last 5 - actually only 8-6 in my franchise. But this year you can tell "SOME" effort was made which is noticeable on the field and with the franchise mode.

Zeke is my work horse and Steele gets Dak killed (more me taking too long to make a decision, but the contrast is night and day where I get the pressure with Tyron vs Steele)

Same with Micah on the edge vs Sam Williams or an avg. player. He gets sacks on his own with realistic pass rush moves; the edge rush looks great this year, the dip and turn to the QB looks like a real pass rush move instead of a pre-determined animation. I tend to play as Hooker as a nickle Safety in the box and Micah sometimes can just steamroll the tackle 3-4 times a game.

Picks are easier to throw but much easier to make as well...Anthony Brown has something like 10 so far from me just switching and holding Triangle/Y, etc. Much better game than in years past...I rarely make it to September any more but can see that happening this year esp with improvements to Franchise mode.

Good point on making it hard enough to come back for more too. In a franchise where you're mainly playing the cpu, you need them to be unreasonably strong at times to make it completive; maybe not the 3rd down automatic vibe you get sometimes, but hear your point and think some unfairness is needed for cpu play to keep franchise mode interesting.

Yup. Agree with all above. I usually play as LVE/Barr/Cox as a linebacker in short zones since I play a lot of cover 3 which leaves the middle and curls open to easy completions.
Steele is brutal as a RT in the game. At least with Smith/Biadasz they are interior players so it's harder for the pass rush to simply blow by them.

Lutonio

Reaction score
In light of Madden again being rehashed shovelware designed to take advantage of kids and people with mental health/addiction issues to buy Madden Packs, I wanted to remind you all that this gem exists.

https://tecmobowl.org/

Every September this team puts out a patch for the greatest football game of all time, Tecmo Bowl Super Bowl, that is hacked with the current NFL roster. It should be dropping any day now.

Message me if you need help getting all the stuff to run it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
r8y7si0vu8k91.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Back when Horizon Forbidden West released, I rented it from Gamefly, but at that time I still had my PS4 Pro. Played a large portion of the game that session. I loved the game and had plenty left to do around the map, so I sent it back deciding I was going to purchase the game at a later date. Finally got around to getting the game tonight for my PS5. Fire it up.....and.......I have to start all the way over. Lol I could not figure out how to get the console/cloud to see my earlier progress. Checked all over the settings, downloaded the data from the cloud. Nothing. So, that's kind of a bummer. Glad it's a fantastic game.

I do like how Xbox just has all their data in a cloud and it automatically syncs up to whatever Xbox you load the game on. It's been flawless for me.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Back when Horizon Forbidden West released, I rented it from Gamefly, but at that time I still had my PS4 Pro. Played a large portion of the game that session. I loved the game and had plenty left to do around the map, so I sent it back deciding I was going to purchase the game at a later date. Finally got around to getting the game tonight for my PS5. Fire it up.....and.......I have to start all the way over. Lol I could not figure out how to get the console/cloud to see my earlier progress. Checked all over the settings, downloaded the data from the cloud. Nothing. So, that's kind of a bummer. Glad it's a fantastic game.

I do like how Xbox just has all their data in a cloud and it automatically syncs up to whatever Xbox you load the game on. It's been flawless for me.
Ha!!!! I found it. All is good in the land of the Forbidden West. The option was (naturally) right in front of my face and I overlooked it until just now. I take back all my cussing at you Playstation 5.

:laugh: