The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This game looks like it has so much potential.

And, to my knowledge, this company is able to produce a game in the VR market, since it doesn't directly compete with Madden there. Well, because it already has.

Has anyone played this yet?

Funny you post this. I own a PSVR, and I busted it out for the first time in a long time last weekend.
Side note: That's the way it seems to go (for me anyway) with the VR. The usage comes in waves. It'll sit for a long time, then one day you pick it up and use it, and then you get hooked on it for awhile. lol
Anyway, I was cruising around the PS Store looking at new VR releases and I saw this NFL one. I had no idea what it was (they didn't have any screenshots or anything) but it definitely caught my eye because, well, I love the NFL. After watching your video link, I may have to keep this one on the radar. That is one bad thing about the VR games. There are a lot to chose from, but there aren't very many demos, so you never know what you're getting into until you buy it. They look SO much different on the screen than they do in the headset too. Could be a great game. Could suck. lol
While I am on the topic of PSVR, I did end up buying the somewhat new release Moss 2 for the VR. Absolutely fantastic and well done game. If you own a VR, I highly recommend Moss 1 and 2. :thumbup:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Got early access to Call of Duty MW2 campaign since I pre-ordered. I've been able to sink a few hours into it since yesterday. It's fantastic so far. It's obviously still a video game, but there are some "realistic elements" to it. There is a mission where you are in a forest and enemies are coming at you. They blend into the environment and are shooting at you and you really have to locate them. When you do, there are no hit markers when you shoot them, so you have to have faith you're hitting them or putting them down. I dig that. Then on the other side of the that, they have a mission where you are jumping from car to car while driving down the road. You then hi-jack vehicles, drive them all while you hang out the window, and shoot at enemies going down the road. lol So, you get a little bit of realism and fantasy in this game.

The graphics are really good and super crisp. In fact, my wife (who usually pays not much mind to video games) sat down and was watching me play for a little bit and made comment about how impressive the graphics were. I know the multi-player side isn't everybody's cup of team, but the campaign is really solid to play if you can rent it from Gamefly, borrow it from a friend, etc. etc.

Finally got around to the Call of Duty preorder Campaign today and it's insanely great. I buy CoD every year then burn out but I'm ready for some multiplayer next week.
But wow the campaign so far is really top notch.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, I got Gotham Knights last night. I've had a couple hours with it.

First impressions: I'm positive I'm going to enjoy this one. Graphics are great, map looks like it's of decent size and will be great, and the storyline that is developing is interesting. It may help that I just really love that DC universe. My only complaint so far is that the fighting mechanics feel a little underwhelming. The Batman Arkham games had much better fighting. After some time, I noticed part of that was the fact that there is no controller rumble when you are striking/getting struck. I find that odd and I am not sure if it was overlooked or is a glitch. Either way, in other games, when fighting, the controller rumble sure makes it more immersive. What's interesting about that though is that WB Games Montreal made Batman Origins, and that game had great fighting mechanics/controller rumble. So, an interesting decision (if on purpose) and I'll see if they improve them through updates. The detective mode seems a little cheesy, where you put together clues and try to solve them, but they're decent enough. So far I've only been Nightwing, but his character has been fun and his ability to traverse the map is satisfying. I will say that the voice acting is terrible overall. In fact, the beginning cutscene to start the game, the (won't insert name to avoid spoiler) voice was laughable. With all that said, that couple complaints don't ruin it for me, and at this point, I think this game is going to be a fun one!

:thumbup:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Haha at The Callisto Protocol being banned in Japan and the developers are like nah we ain't gonna censor a thing. But the crazy stuff they get away with in anime and the fact they kinda invented a ton of brutal survival horror makes ya scratch your head. But I'm ready to get my head chomped

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Haha at The Callisto Protocol being banned in Japan and the developers are like nah we ain't gonna censor a thing. But the crazy stuff they get away with in anime and the fact they kinda invented a ton of brutal survival horror makes ya scratch your head. But I'm ready to get my head chomped

I'm getting this as soon as it's out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
MW2 Multiplayer dropped last night at 10pm my time. Got a few hours in. Outside some of the maps I played being 'meh', I'm really liking it. With that said, there is no Hardcore mode yet. Why you would release a COD game without Hardcore is beyond me, but hopefully they add it soon.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
MW2 Multiplayer dropped last night at 10pm my time. Got a few hours in. Outside some of the maps I played being 'meh', I'm really liking it. With that said, there is no Hardcore mode yet. Why you would release a COD game without Hardcore is beyond me, but hopefully they add it soon.
We’re all lobbies disbanded after a game? They said they were going to “look into it”.

I really miss the rivalries and community when you stay in a lobby.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

I wishlisted this just based on the fact it will not be censored.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We’re all lobbies disbanded after a game? They said they were going to “look into it”.

I really miss the rivalries and community when you stay in a lobby.
From what I've heard (and I honestly haven't noticed yet) is that they're going to allow lobbies to stay together this game. So, we will see. Will be a step in the right direction. The community hated the disbanding lobbies in the last several COD games.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Anybody ready for the masterpiece that will be Sonic Frontiers tomorrow? Lol j/k

GOD OF WAR Ragnarok baby! SO unbelievably pumped. It's going to be the game of the year I think and an overall iconic experience. Love me some Elden Ring, but it's gonna be tough to beat Kratos.

rags

Reaction score
Anybody ready for the masterpiece that will be Sonic Frontiers tomorrow? Lol j/k

GOD OF WAR Ragnarok baby! SO unbelievably pumped. It's going to be the game of the year I think and an overall iconic experience. Love me some Elden Ring, but it's gonna be tough to beat Kratos.

I saw a review of God of War: Ragnarok on IGN. They gave it a 10.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

A channel I like who remixes soundtracks, came out with this today.