The Video Game Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anybody ready for the masterpiece that will be Sonic Frontiers tomorrow? Lol j/k

GOD OF WAR Ragnarok baby! SO unbelievably pumped. It's going to be the game of the year I think and an overall iconic experience. Love me some Elden Ring, but it's gonna be tough to beat Kratos.
GOW has been getting alot of predictions for GOTY. Looks like a 3 horse race with GOW, Elden Ring and Forbidden West. Forbidden West has been picking up some momentum and GOTY wins of late to go from dark horse to real contender.

The also rans are pretty strong this year too. Tiny Tina, Halo, Lego Star Wars, FC6 and Dying Light 2 could have been contenders in weaker years

SlammedZero

Reaction score
GOW has been getting alot of predictions for GOTY. Looks like a 3 horse race with GOW, Elden Ring and Forbidden West. Forbidden West has been picking up some momentum and GOTY wins of late to go from dark horse to real contender.

The also rans are pretty strong this year too. Tiny Tina, Halo, Lego Star Wars, FC6 and Dying Light 2 could have been contenders in weaker years

I need to pick Forbidden West back up. It is a fantastic game!

Also, speaking of Elden Ring, my buddy purchased it when it released. We game share, so I finally downloaded it and gave it a whirl....just because....why not? I'm not sure it's quite up my alley, but dang, that game is hard as hell. :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I need to pick Forbidden West back up. It is a fantastic game!

Also, speaking of Elden Ring, my buddy purchased it when it released. We game share, so I finally downloaded it and gave it a whirl....just because....why not? I'm not sure it's quite up my alley, but dang, that game is hard as hell. :laugh:
Never been a big From guy personally, so didn't get that deep into it. Probably 15 or so hours. But it was very impressive

I initially stopped a few quests shy of completion, because I want to wait for DLC before finishing the main questline. Went ahead and beat it after the last updated and NG3. No spoilers but it was a great last act

Lutonio

Reaction score
We’ve been enjoying DMZ in Modern Warfare. There is a boss that spawns randomly on the map right now, and he drops the M13 assault rifle — the only way to unlock that weapon for multiplayer and Warzone.

We ended up hitting him with an armored car for an instant kill, jumping out to get the gun, and then getting chased by other players who were looking to unlock the weapon. Pretty funny stuff.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We’ve been enjoying DMZ in Modern Warfare. There is a boss that spawns randomly on the map right now, and he drops the M13 assault rifle — the only way to unlock that weapon for multiplayer and Warzone.

We ended up hitting him with an armored car for an instant kill, jumping out to get the gun, and then getting chased by other players who were looking to unlock the weapon. Pretty funny stuff.

I was literally coming in here to say this: Wow, I am absolutely loving DMZ mode on Warzone 2.0. It's such a great spin on the Battle Royale genre. While I didn't mind jumping on Warzone from time to time before, I think the basic battle royal game mode was getting a bit long in the tooth for me. This DMZ mode mixes it up and gives you plenty of other things to do. It's fantastic, plus I really like the map. It's gigantic.

I stayed up until 4am playing with my brother last night. It's been a long time since I've had a super late night gaming session like that. It was fun.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Those first 3 Splinter Cell games were awesome, finished each one multiple times. The remake of the first one is great news.
I really liked the Splinter Cell Blacklist bc I had come to the series a bit later than most and then they stopped making them. Would be cool to play the remake of the original. I used to give up on the more complicated games and now am gravitating that way.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Been playing Deathloop the last few weeks and would recommend it. The rogue-like nature may turn some off, but there is a stacked approach where you don't feel you're wasting your time when you don't kill a boss (7 mini ones) or make huge story progression.

Don't play DL after a few beers or joints tho, you need to be "somewhat" clear to catch onto the format for progression. After the first few, go nuts! :laugh:

Going to dive into GOW next. Wanted something a bit different after what was months of paper cuts to kill Elden Ring...game was okay, but I liked it least of all the Souls games so far (didn't play DS 2 though). I had to constantly look up how to progress the story lines and took a lot of the fun out of the open world tbh.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Been playing Deathloop the last few weeks and would recommend it. The rogue-like nature may turn some off, but there is a stacked approach where you don't feel you're wasting your time when you don't kill a boss (7 mini ones) or make huge story progression.

Don't play DL after a few beers or joints tho, you need to be "somewhat" clear to catch onto the format for progression. After the first few, go nuts! :laugh:

Going to dive into GOW next. Wanted something a bit different after what was months of paper cuts to kill Elden Ring...game was okay, but I liked it least of all the Souls games so far (didn't play DS 2 though). I had to constantly look up how to progress the story lines and took a lot of the fun out of the open world tbh.
I hopped into Deathloop (it hit GamePass) and gave it a whirl. It didn't necessarily grab me, however, I also didn't give it a real chance either. It was kind of a filler game at that moment, but then Gotham Knights dropped and that took my attention way. With that said, I have heard good things about it, can see why people like it, and I will give it another true chance.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I hopped into Deathloop (it hit GamePass) and gave it a whirl. It didn't necessarily grab me, however, I also didn't give it a real chance either. It was kind of a filler game at that moment, but then Gotham Knights dropped and that took my attention way. With that said, I have heard good things about it, can see why people like it, and I will give it another true chance.
I can see that easily, I really didn't think I would stick with it after the first 20-30 minutes either tbh, just "something" to play before GOW and saw it was added to the PS Gamepass that doesn't nearly compete with Xbox (difft. topic lol)...

Felt good just to shoot things and run around the zones wo thinking too much. Now I'm progressing and getting hooked into it. It is definitely more for stalking and planning that going guns blazing but you can do that too once you get some real guns.

Really there is too much going on to start out tbh regarding the story and progression system; turns off people before they can have a little fun with it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I really liked the Splinter Cell Blacklist bc I had come to the series a bit later than most and then they stopped making them. Would be cool to play the remake of the original. I used to give up on the more complicated games and now am gravitating that way.
Like I said those first three were great, even at times very challenging. The lighting effects and such were very groundbreaking at the time the first game was released. I have no clue why they basically abandon the series, I think they did it to concentrate on all the assassin's Creed games because they were better money makers. Just my opinion.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Like I said those first three were great, even at times very challenging. The lighting effects and such were very groundbreaking at the time the first game was released. I have no clue why they basically abandon the series, I think they did it to concentrate on all the assassin's Creed games because they were better money makers. Just my opinion.
Ah Ubisoft and that was when AC was at its height - makes total sense they went with more approachable of the two for younger/general audiences. I think the COD era made companies think the stealth shooters (SP) weren't going to be a thing people would stick with until MGS5 showed otherwise.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Ah Ubisoft and that was when AC was at its height - makes total sense they went with more approachable of the two for younger/general audiences. I think the COD era made companies think the stealth shooters (SP) weren't going to be a thing people would stick with until MGS5 showed otherwise.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Ubisoft, they have been milking the assassin's Creed series for years. But whatever works I guess. And you mentioning Mgs5 reminded me I still haven't finished it LOL

John813

Reaction score
Beat MW2 on realism.

It's a real fun reboot but I do not care for the missions with stealth/having to build items to unlock doors. The last mission was fun until the very end. Think I died 200 times before finally beating it. Think Soap had a knife on his tactical vest but you had to unlock a tool box for a box cutter...
Both MW1 and 2 had a camera mission and a stealth mission. Hated the Farrah mission when she was a child in MW1 and fighting the Russian super soldier.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Ubisoft, they have been milking the assassin's Creed series for years. But whatever works I guess. And you mentioning Mgs5 reminded me I still haven't finished it LOL
That game got soooo repetitive I wouldn't blame ya for leaving it as is...really fun, but got very mechanical by the end. Loved ballooning people to space though...:muttley:

one-of-the-fiercest-weapons-ever-unleashed

Lutonio

Reaction score
I was literally coming in here to say this: Wow, I am absolutely loving DMZ mode on Warzone 2.0. It's such a great spin on the Battle Royale genre. While I didn't mind jumping on Warzone from time to time before, I think the basic battle royal game mode was getting a bit long in the tooth for me. This DMZ mode mixes it up and gives you plenty of other things to do. It's fantastic, plus I really like the map. It's gigantic.

I stayed up until 4am playing with my brother last night. It's been a long time since I've had a super late night gaming session like that. It was fun.

Nice, let me know if you guys would ever be interested in a third. The more I play the more I’m getting into the potential of the game mode — especially as an extraction royale fan like Hunt Showdown.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Has anyone played Pokémon scarlet or violet yet?

I am very intrigued as it’s the first open world pokemon game but I hear the game is riddled with bugs currently. So I haven’t bought it yet and I’m waiting for it to get patched up.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Just got my NVidia 4090 and boy is this card powerful. Fired up Red Dead Redemption 2, but this time in 4k with all the visual bells and whistles, and boy is this game gorgeous. I will replay it just to enjoy it in all its beauty. Got a permanent 100+ FPS, so my 144Hz finally gets something to do.

Nice. :)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Decided to roll a couple solo rounds of DMZ yesterday. Was cruising through the map when all of a sudden conversation pops up in my headset. I totally forgot about the proximity chat. I'm usually in a private party with friends. It was hilarious listening to them talking about how they could hear me cruising around and trying to find me. What a great feature.

I've been addicted to this game. :laugh: