The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I got the VR1.....basically for Skyrim. Nothing else that was released on it drew my interest. Luckily I have a nephew who was 13 at the time. I gave it to him, he wore it out, and I got my money's worth. Fwiw Skyrim in was pretty sick, even if it was the PS3 version of the game.

The Horizon game coming out on VR2 looks pretty sweet, and I am a Horizon fanboi. But Im gonna pass this time around. Nephew has a job, and a girl now anyways lol

I did play Skyrim on the VR. It was surprisingly really well done. Horizon VR does intrigue me as well.

I had the VR1 for PS4 and I liked it, but it was a pain to set it up. One of my favorite games to play was Resident Evil -Bio Hazard. That game was intense. I gave my PS4 to my daughter. I'm visiting her for Christmas and we're going to play some VR games I'm sure.

RE7 was incredible. For the status of the tech at the time, they did amazing with it. Too bad I'm a big weenie when it comes to scary stuff. haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the PSVR2, I'm still not sure either. It is a steep price. I am hoping they fixed some of the things that hampered the first headset. The tracking was terrible. I feel like I am constantly having to reset the headset to keep the headset tracking in the game correctly. That is my biggest gripe. If I decide to plop down the money for one, I will report here right away with a review. :D

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone ever play the PC Strategy game "Surviving Mars?"

Got it free on Amazon Prime, and spend hours on it, but still struggle to win it.

Reminds me of Frost Punk, another great civilization building strategy game.

Claimed a copy during a free giveaway last year on Steam. Never installed/played it though, it does look interesting as far as City Builders go.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Witcher 3 next gen updated dropped. Playing on PS5 it looks amazing. Gonna do a play through until Hogwarts drops. Looking forward to seeing the whales in Skellige
I never got around to playing Witcher 3, so I was going to get this on PC. Sounds like there are a bunch of problems with the PC version though. Guess I'll wait and see if they get it sorted out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never got around to playing Witcher 3, so I was going to get this on PC. Sounds like there are a bunch of problems with the PC version though. Guess I'll wait and see if they get it sorted out.
What Ive heard is PC is having some crash and texture issues. CDPR is working on it, so there will probably be a patch within a week. Definitely recommend getting it when its fixed. Definitely one of the GOAT's, and imo THE GOAt

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What Ive heard is PC is having some crash and texture issues. CDPR is working on it, so there will probably be a patch within a week. Definitely recommend getting it when its fixed. Definitely one of the GOAT's, and imo THE GOAt
Did you have the complete edition to allow you to upgrade to the PS5 version? I own the base game and bought the DLC separately, but it directs me to purchase the "complete edition" vs allowing the PS5 upgrade to download currently.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Witcher 3 next gen updated dropped. Playing on PS5 it looks amazing. Gonna do a play through until Hogwarts drops. Looking forward to seeing the whales in Skellige

Great news. I bought the game of the year edition a couple months ago but then decided to wait playing it until the next gen update dropped. I’m looking forward to getting into it.

I am just finishing up ghosts of Tsushima now. On the expansion. This game has been amazing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great news. I bought the game of the year edition a couple months ago but then decided to wait playing it until the next gen update dropped. I’m looking forward to getting into it.

I am just finishing up ghosts of Tsushima now. On the expansion. This game has been amazing.
I loved Ghost! The detail was just incredible

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
GIVEAWAY: Them’s Fightin' Herds on PC from Epic Games Store 'til 10 am Tues.

Them's Fightin' Herds looks costume made for fellow Cowboys Zone member @RustyBourneHorse:

I do have to get this game haha. Especially for the horse in this. I love this promo. The deer are also super cute as is the cow. That looks like Super Smash Bros style.

Juggernaut

Reaction score