The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Fallout and Elder Scrolls > Starfield. Even though I'm really enjoying it for the most part. Some people have gotten stuck in endless death Loops and can't even load a past save. Oof...I honestly expected more imo.
I think a lot of people including myself had preconceived notions on what the game would be. Doesn't mean it isn't a good game though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think a lot of people including myself had preconceived notions on what the game would be. Doesn't mean it isn't a good game though.
Absolutely agreed. It's still very good. And I'm such a sucker for sci-fi space exploration combat stuff.
A big difference from the TES/Fallout series's is that a core of that experience is how they can get you connected to the environment. When you play you feel like you are really in Morrowind/Cyrodill/Cap wasteland/Skyrim/Commonwealth. Bethesda is probably the best in the industry at that

I think they realized that a space faring game, that wont work as a core part of the experience. It seems they put more in narrative than they have in past games, where the narrative basically functioned to lead you through the world. I went in expecting/hoping for a Fallout/TES in space, and while there are alot of similarities, its not that.

Like I said the @SlammedZero, its a slow burn. The deeper I get into the game, the more it draws me in. Whats intriguing to me, is if they will put this kind of narrative focus in TES6.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A big difference from the TES/Fallout series's is that a core of that experience is how they can get you connected to the environment. When you play you feel like you are really in Morrowind/Cyrodill/Cap wasteland/Skyrim/Commonwealth. Bethesda is probably the best in the industry at that

I think they realized that a space faring game, that wont work as a core part of the experience. It seems they put more in narrative than they have in past games, where the narrative basically functioned to lead you through the world. I went in expecting/hoping for a Fallout/TES in space, and while there are alot of similarities, its not that.

Like I said the @SlammedZero, its a slow burn. The deeper I get into the game, the more it draws me in. Whats intriguing to me, is if they will put this kind of narrative focus in TES6.
I've admittedly been busy and heading out of town here in a couple hours, so I haven't had another chance to dig my heels into the game, but I absolutely will when I get back!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
GTA 6 should get its own thread. A lot of rumors now about what’s going on but it should be one great game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Fallout and Elder Scrolls > Starfield. Even though I'm really enjoying it for the most part. Some people have gotten stuck in endless death Loops and can't even load a past save. Oof...I honestly expected more imo.
On games like those, I would just wait until the GOTY edition comes out with all the official add-ons and mod community in full force. Get the best experience that way on one playthrough.

I don't play anything on launch day, week or even months now. If I was still a big online gamer, that would be the only negative. More fun being part of the crowd feeling its way through an online game for the first time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
They gave Saints Row for free on PSN, so I downloaded it, and I.........uh........I can't stop playing it. lol It's stupidly fun.

The gameplay is fairly cheesy, the missions can be bland, and the graphics look like they came from 2012, but there is just something fun about this game that keeps drawing me back in.

Also, I'm flying around the map and I happen to come across this fantastic Easter Egg to the movie Spaceballs. :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
They gave Saints Row for free on PSN, so I downloaded it, and I.........uh........I can't stop playing it. lol It's stupidly fun.

The gameplay is fairly cheesy, the missions can be bland, and the graphics look like they came from 2012, but there is just something fun about this game that keeps drawing me back in.

Also, I'm flying around the map and I happen to come across this fantastic Easter Egg to the movie Spaceballs. :laugh:
"Comb the desert!" "Found anything yet?" "We ain't found [expletive deleted]!"
lWJeaDO.gif

:laugh:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have you ever played the other games in the series? I haven't, but the reviews were horrible for this game as it strays far off from what the original game(s) game play.