The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Fired up Spider-Man 2 last night. Wow! That was a fantastic intro to a game. I'm not super into the Spider-Man games (I'm more of a Batman kind of guy), but this game has definitely got my attention. Graphics are great, gameplay is great, and the map appears absolutely massive. I'll definitely dive into this one.

I have heard it's a pretty short (campaign) game though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I started game-sharing with a friend on PlayStation. He has all the Spider-Man games. Decided to shelve Spider-Man 2 for the moment and start with the first one. Really great game so far. I played it way back when it first came out, but I didn't feel like it pulled me in, so I sealed it up and sent it back to Gamefly. I think it's fair to say I really slept on these games and didn't give them a fair shot.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I started game-sharing with a friend on PlayStation. He has all the Spider-Man games. Decided to shelve Spider-Man 2 for the moment and start with the first one. Really great game so far. I played it way back when it first came out, but I didn't feel like it pulled me in, so I sealed it up and sent it back to Gamefly. I think it's fair to say I really slept on these games and didn't give them a fair shot.
My friend and I did this for years and split games 50/50. Didn't know this loophole still existed

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Anyone getting Robocop? I think it looks awesome.
Tried the demo, wasn't impressed. They kinda got the feeling from the first two movies right, but that's about it. Gfx are nothing special (UE5 hello??), the gameplay is kinda dull (I know, Robocop n all) and the missions are very linear. It plays like one of these 90's arcade shooters. Pretty straight forward but dull. They kinda make you think that you have some freedom in your decisions but you don't.

I really liked the two first Robocop movies so I wanted to like this game, but I'll pass. Tried it in 4k with a 4090 so I got the best visuals and performance out of it.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tried the demo, wasn't impressed. They kinda got the feeling from the first two movies right, but that's about it. Gfx are nothing special (UE5 hello??), the gameplay is kinda dull (I know, Robocop n all) and the missions are very linear. It plays like one of these 90's arcade shooters. Pretty straight forward but dull. They kinda make you think that you have some freedom in your decisions but you don't.

I really liked the two first Robocop movies so I wanted to like this game, but I'll pass. Tried it in 4k with a 4090 so I got the best visuals and performance out of it.
I can understand not liking the linear, but I'm a boomer so I grew up with all the shooters from the day (hence, "boomer shooters"). I like linear games almost as much as big open world games. Sometimes it's nice knowing your plan is to go from point A to point B, and then on to point C. I'm looking forward to playing the game. I saw the original Robocop, loved it, but I didn't see the sequels. I'm looking forward to an old fashioned FPS.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I can understand not liking the linear, but I'm a boomer so I grew up with all the shooters from the day (hence, "boomer shooters"). I like linear games almost as much as big open world games. Sometimes it's nice knowing your plan is to go from point A to point B, and then on to point C. I'm looking forward to playing the game. I saw the original Robocop, loved it, but I didn't see the sequels. I'm looking forward to an old fashioned FPS.
The first sequel Robocop II is actually really good and a must watch for any Robocop fan. The third installment was a joke, didnt even have Weller in it.

As far as the game goes, that was just my opinion of course. The game is getting alot of praise from critics too. So have fun. :)