The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Going into December and still have zero interest in Madden. Never has this happened before. Used to play all of them religiously going back to ~2001.

Play more NHL(flawed game, but still more enjoyable) than Madden.
Bought every Madden from 92 til around 2007, wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole now. EA is garbage and the kiss of death.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Over the years, i have beat and played all the tracks on every level of the monkey tower defense games. I bought the ninja kiwi archinve

bloon games and bloon tower defense games are excellent. I like to listen to podcast and watch presentations while playing them

John813

Reaction score
Rockstar games are the gold standard I know people are upset it’s taken so long for GTA 6 to come out and heck we still have likely a year and a half.

But one thing you have to admit is that when rockstar does release their games they are pretty much always masterpieces. I have no doubts GTA 6 will be as well.

True, but they did drag *** on 6 due to all the microtransactions they were making on V.
Game looks killer.
Hoping for an early 2025 release or even a bump to Christmas time in 24.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, I've had a little bit with my simrig, and,........it's awesome. Definitely a game changer. It takes some getting use to, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with it each passing usage. I did an online race tonight and came in 5th. For being a sim-racing "noob", I'm pretty proud of that position. lol

I was warned this was a slippery slope, and yes, I can see how this can get addictive.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Bought every Madden from 92 til around 2007, wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole now. EA is garbage and the kiss of death.
I bought the 20 and 22 season games, but just because I wanted to play some football on the PC. They aren't as bad as people try to make them look like. But they're the same thing year in and year out. If EA would have updated the gfx and rosters since 2010 and done nothing else, no one would have noticed the difference. Maybe it is like that lol. One guy developing some game features and they sell it as brand new to millions each year. Biggest scam ever.

But still, it's good enough for a quick match here and there, I'm not playing full seasons with it anymore.

The big news is the GTA VI trailer of course. I like it. GTA V and RDR2 are among my favorites games of all times. Rockstar just delivered and I think they will do so again with #6. Only downside is that it won't come out until 2025 or even later for the PC.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I've had a little bit with my simrig, and,........it's awesome. Definitely a game changer. It takes some getting use to, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with it each passing usage. I did an online race tonight and came in 5th. For being a sim-racing "noob", I'm pretty proud of that position. lol

I was warned this was a slippery slope, and yes, I can see how this can get addictive.
Good to hear from your experience. Are you using you VR setup, or using a monitor?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Good to hear from your experience. Are you using you VR setup, or using a monitor?
I've done both so far, the majority just in front of the TV. I just slide the simrig right up in front of the living room TV. Works great. As for the VR, I've only worn it a handful of times in short bursts (just do 1 race and then hop out of it). Only reason is because I am allowing myself to get acclimated to it. Depending on the track, speed of the car, etc. it can cause me just a touch of motion sickness. Outside that, it's really incredible. Feels like you're sitting in a race car going around the track. Gran Turismo did really good with the VR.

Played Gran Turismo 7 the most, but also tried Assetto Corsa Competizione. It's a lot more limited that GT7, but it's suppose to be a true driver simulator. Definitely more challenging. That game has really good force feedback on the steering wheel.

I had a blast with it all weekend though. I'm extremely happy with my decision to go with the simrig I did. It is really solid and comfortable.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've done both so far, the majority just in front of the TV. I just slide the simrig right up in front of the living room TV. Works great. As for the VR, I've only worn it a handful of times in short bursts (just do 1 race and then hop out of it). Only reason is because I am allowing myself to get acclimated to it. Depending on the track, speed of the car, etc. it can cause me just a touch of motion sickness. Outside that, it's really incredible. Feels like you're sitting in a race car going around the track. Gran Turismo did really good with the VR.

Played Gran Turismo 7 the most, but also tried Assetto Corsa Competizione. It's a lot more limited that GT7, but it's suppose to be a true driver simulator. Definitely more challenging. That game has really good force feedback on the steering wheel.

I had a blast with it all weekend though. I'm extremely happy with my decision to go with the simrig I did. It is really solid and comfortable.
Thank you for the feedback on your driving setup. I've got to figure out how to convince my wife to go along with it.

I know I would get addicted to playing the game with a real driving setup.

HungryLion

Reaction score
True, but they did drag *** on 6 due to all the microtransactions they were making on V.
Game looks killer.
Hoping for an early 2025 release or even a bump to Christmas time in 24.
Yes I would imagine that plays a part in that. The microtransactions can be crazy but to their credit they did support GTA online a crazy amount with all the new content they brought to it.

They also get a pass from me because they made one of the best games ever (RDR2) in that timeframe.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Decided to run out and buy an Elite Core controller yesterday. Target has them on sale and they've always interested me, so I finally decided to snag one.

I used it last night and I'm very happy with it. I love the build quality, the rubber grips, the weight, the buttons, the built-in battery, the (finally) charge indicator light. Feels great to use. I really enjoy being able to adjust the throw of the triggers. Worked great for COD. I'm not sure if I will buy/would use the bottom paddles....but we will see. I have heard some issues with the longevity of these, so time will tell for me on that. I haven't had any issues with my stock controllers in all these years. I do wonder how hard people are on their controllers. lol