The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
COD MW3's campaign is getting hammered on pretty bad in the community. I can kind of see why. They went away from their usual streamlined linear gameplay and into this semi-open-world style campaign. While I see how they were trying to do something different, the open combat missions just fall short. Plus, it feels like kind of a cop out with the game. Instead of creating a great campaign with a solid story, it feels like they just cut out sections of their DMZ mode and threw them into the game as a "story". Let's hope the multiplayer is much better.

It will be interesting to see the direction of Activision now that they're officially underneath Microsoft.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Tried the demo, wasn't impressed. They kinda got the feeling from the first two movies right, but that's about it. Gfx are nothing special (UE5 hello??), the gameplay is kinda dull (I know, Robocop n all) and the missions are very linear. It plays like one of these 90's arcade shooters. Pretty straight forward but dull. They kinda make you think that you have some freedom in your decisions but you don't.

I really liked the two first Robocop movies so I wanted to like this game, but I'll pass. Tried it in 4k with a 4090 so I got the best visuals and performance out of it.
Man, I should have listened to you. The game is boring, the mechanics suck are clunky, and they keep adding stupid side missions I don't want to play. I regret buying it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My son and I started playing Minecraft dungeons.

I know this game is a few years old but never played it before. It’s actually pretty cool. It’s like a Diablo for kids. Same mechanics as a Diablo, dungeon crawler, enchanting weapons, ranged and handheld weapons.

We are having a blast with it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Got sucked into Spider-Man Remastered the last couple weeks. Finally finished it 100% on Friday night. Moved over to Miles Morale. Wow, that game looks incredible on my setup. I've heard it's a fairly short game though.

I've been flipping between that and MW3 multiplayer. It's been fun. I'm loving the old OG 2009 maps. Tons of nostalgia playing them.

Lutonio

Reaction score
My son and I started playing Minecraft dungeons.

I know this game is a few years old but never played it before. It’s actually pretty cool. It’s like a Diablo for kids. Same mechanics as a Diablo, dungeon crawler, enchanting weapons, ranged and handheld weapons.

We are having a blast with it.
That game is just good fun. People will incorrectly label it Diablo for babies, but it really isn’t.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself a simrig. I've always been into racing games (whether it be simulation or simcade), but I've always only played with a controller. I've heard a good steering wheel setup will completely change the way you play. So, I finally decided to do it. I'm especially interested to see how immersive it'll be with Gran Turismo VR.

I bought a mid-level simrig and entry level Logitech steering wheel/pedals/shifter. Figured before I dropped too much (it can get spendy quick), I would make sure I like it. I didn't want to get a cheesy simrig just incase I did want to upgrade to a good wheel setup later. So, yeah, I don't know if anybody else around here is into this, but I'm excited and thought I'd share. No idea where I'm going to store this thing yet. Wife should love it in the living room. haha

:grin:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself a simrig. I've always been into racing games (whether it be simulation or simcade), but I've always only played with a controller. I've heard a good steering wheel setup will completely change the way you play. So, I finally decided to do it. I'm especially interested to see how immersive it'll be with Gran Turismo VR.

I bought a mid-level simrig and entry level Logitech steering wheel/pedals/shifter. Figured before I dropped too much (it can get spendy quick), I would make sure I like it. I didn't want to get a cheesy simrig just incase I did want to upgrade to a good wheel setup later. So, yeah, I don't know if anybody else around here is into this, but I'm excited and thought I'd share. No idea where I'm going to store this thing yet. Wife should love it in the living room. haha

:grin:

I want one of these in the worst way, but I would either spend all my hours on it, or none at all. I have yet to play GT7 on my VR2 even though it was one of the first games I bought. I want to experience the game as much as possible in VR and I thought the driving setup would be the best way to go. Truth be told, I don't have the room for it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I want one of these in the worst way, but I would either spend all my hours on it, or none at all. I have yet to play GT7 on my VR2 even though it was one of the first games I bought. I want to experience the game as much as possible in VR and I thought the driving setup would be the best way to go. Truth be told, I don't have the room for it.
Oh, I definitely get you on all the above. It never occurred to me to get a racing setup until I tried GT7 in VR. It's pretty cool, but using just the controller, it does lose a bit of the immersion. So, yeah, that game alone got my wheels spinning on this whole thing. I'll be interested in seeing how much I do/don't get into it. I'll definitely report back. Also, like you, I have no idea where I'm going to store this thing. haha I'll figure something out though.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I definitely get you on all the above. It never occurred to me to get a racing setup until I tried GT7 in VR. It's pretty cool, but using just the controller, it does lose a bit of the immersion. So, yeah, that game alone got my wheels spinning on this whole thing. I'll be interested in seeing how much I do/don't get into it. I'll definitely report back. Also, like you, I have no idea where I'm going to store this thing. haha I'll figure something out though.
Please let me know how you like it. Pros and cons.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This looks really good. I'm all in on the Miami map. Rockstar always makes incredible open world maps IMO.

Rockstar games are the gold standard I know people are upset it’s taken so long for GTA 6 to come out and heck we still have likely a year and a half.

But one thing you have to admit is that when rockstar does release their games they are pretty much always masterpieces. I have no doubts GTA 6 will be as well.