The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just finished the new RoboCop game. I think I like it because I kept going back to it. It was not the shooter I thought it would be. I thought there would be more action like in a Doom game so I expected lot more shootouts. There are a lot of cutscenes. You can jump skip through them but it only fast forwards the cutscenes in segments ran than the whole thing.
The voice acting is along the lines of a high school play. I probably won't play it again. The game has too much dead time. There are areas to explore, but nothing to collect so it's pointless. Some of the side quests are beyond dumb. An example is to take a get-well card around the precent to have everyone sign it.
I did enjoy the RoboCop as the protagonist. He was really cool.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I just finished the new RoboCop game. I think I like it because I kept going back to it. It was not the shooter I thought it would be. I thought there would be more action like in a Doom game so I expected lot more shootouts. There are a lot of cutscenes. You can jump skip through them but it only fast forwards the cutscenes in segments ran than the whole thing.
The voice acting is along the lines of a high school play. I probably won't play it again. The game has too much dead time. There are areas to explore, but nothing to collect so it's pointless. Some of the side quests are beyond dumb. An example is to take a get-well card around the precent to have everyone sign it.
I did enjoy the RoboCop as the protagonist. He was really cool.
I actually have this being shipped from Gamefly right now. I've been wanting to check it out. It's been at the top of my queue since it released, but for some reason it has been impossible to get.......well until this week. I look forward to playing it. I'm hoping to like it as I enjoy the Robocop lore.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually have this being shipped from Gamefly right now. I've been wanting to check it out. It's been at the top of my queue since it released, but for some reason it has been impossible to get.......well until this week. I look forward to playing it. I'm hoping to like it as I enjoy the Robocop lore.
I think you will like it. I also got the game through Gamefly and usually I buy the game from them as it's way cheaper. I didn't this time because the price savings were not enough to buy for a game I might not come back to. I have waayyy too many games now to justify paying for a game I may or may not come back to. I already have plenty of those already.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One more thing I forgot to mention, there were two sections of game where the frame rate dropped to less than 10 FPS. It was like playing online in the telephone modem days when your lag numbers were through the roof. The two scenes were in wide open locations where enemies where shooting from all angles. I had to restart the PS5 to get the frame rate back to where it was supposed to be. I only did that after I finished the battle as I didn't want to redo the section because of where the checkpoint was. Not sure if system was overheating or not. Using an infrared thermometer I measured the output temperature and it was in normal range compared to other games.

I mostly played in performance mode.

I'm curious if you get the same thing. I'm assuming you will play on the PS5.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
One more thing I forgot to mention, there were two sections of game where the frame rate dropped to less than 10 FPS. It was like playing online in the telephone modem days when your lag numbers were through the roof. The two scenes were in wide open locations where enemies where shooting from all angles. I had to restart the PS5 to get the frame rate back to where it was supposed to be. I only did that after I finished the battle as I didn't want to redo the section because of where the checkpoint was. Not sure if system was overheating or not. Using an infrared thermometer I measured the output temperature and it was in normal range compared to other games.

I mostly played in performance mode.

I'm curious if you get the same thing. I'm assuming you will play on the PS5.
I actually rented it for my Xbox Series X. I will let you know if I run into anything weird with it though.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anybody played Days Gone? I was browsing YouTube and a video claimed it one of the best zombie game there is. I did not watch the full video but I read a lot of the comments and the majority of comments were very positive. I went to other YouTube videos and their comments were positive as well. The game is on PS Plus and I'm downloading it now. I ignored this game before because it was only PS4 available and I got "snobbish" when I got a PS5 even though my PS4 Pro was perfectly fine playing before I got my PS5.

Curious what you guys say if you have played the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually rented it for my Xbox Series X. I will let you know if I run into anything weird with it though.
Do your games match each other for systems? Meaning did you have RoboCop on Xbox and PlayStation ques? If you do is it whichever ships first?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Has anybody played Days Gone? I was browsing YouTube and a video claimed it one of the best zombie game there is. I did not watch the full video but I read a lot of the comments and the majority of comments were very positive. I went to other YouTube videos and their comments were positive as well. The game is on PS Plus and I'm downloading it now. I ignored this game before because it was only PS4 available and I got "snobbish" when I got a PS5 even though my PS4 Pro was perfectly fine playing before I got my PS5.

I played through it and really enjoyed it. The zombie hoards make for some intense gameplay. The biggest complaint I had was the motorcycle gets impossibly bad gas mileage. It becomes way less of a factor as you upgrade it though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I didn't mind it. It definitely had some fun gameplay to it. If you enjoy or even like the whole zombie genre, it's definitely worth a whirl.
Do your games match each other for systems? Meaning did you have RoboCop on Xbox and PlayStation ques? If you do is it whichever ships first?
You know, I've never tried that. I just kind of pick and choose the system randomly with whatever game I'm feeling like trying on that system. Seems like an interesting idea though. I may have to try it and see what comes of it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, I've had some time with Robocop. It's an interesting one. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. The movement takes some getting use to. With no running, jumping, ducking (which I realize is because this is a Robocop movement thing), it feels a bit slow and clunky, but you do get used to it. The first "monologue" part of the game, for some reason, didn't impress me graphically. It wasn't until I got out into the "open-world" where it looked really good for me, and wow, it does look sharp.

It is a tad slower than I was anticipating. I wasn't expecting so much detective type work. Also, some of the side-missions are tedious, like the first one where you're suppose to go around writing tickets. I pretty much lost interest in that one. Outside that though, it's Robocop, and I'm having enough fun with it that I will continue to see it through.

Oh, I was also pleased to see they got Peter Weller to voice Robocop. Big win there!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I've had some time with Robocop. It's an interesting one. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. The movement takes some getting use to. With no running, jumping, ducking (which I realize is because this is a Robocop movement thing), it feels a bit slow and clunky, but you do get used to it. The first "monologue" part of the game, for some reason, didn't impress me graphically. It wasn't until I got out into the "open-world" where it looked really good for me, and wow, it does look sharp.

It is a tad slower than I was anticipating. I wasn't expecting so much detective type work. Also, some of the side-missions are tedious, like the first one where you're suppose to go around writing tickets. I pretty much lost interest in that one. Outside that though, it's Robocop, and I'm having enough fun with it that I will continue to see it through.

Oh, I was also pleased to see they got Peter Weller to voice Robocop. Big win there!
Your summary of the game is exactly how I felt about it. It was a game I didn't know why I kept going back because normally I would have stopped playing it rather quickly. I think it was RoboCop himself. As I said he was worth playing the game.

The side quests for doing police work I just went online and looked for the answers. I wasn't about to walk around and look for crimes as I didn't see enough of a payout for the time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Beat Robocop tonight. :laugh:

I really enjoyed that. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I wasn't quite sure on this one at first, but it has a way of pulling you in. I actually started to enjoy the different tasks throughout the game. It wasn't just a constant shoot em' up kind of game. I thought the story was pretty interesting as well. The graphics were just great. That Unreal Engine 5 is impressive. So, yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with that one. If you like Robocop, give that one a play-through.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Beat Robocop tonight. :laugh:

I really enjoyed that. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I wasn't quite sure on this one at first, but it has a way of pulling you in. I actually started to enjoy the different tasks throughout the game. It wasn't just a constant shoot em' up kind of game. I thought the story was pretty interesting as well. The graphics were just great. That Unreal Engine 5 is impressive. So, yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with that one. If you like Robocop, give that one a play-through.
Great. I’ll buy that for a dollar.