The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

dragons dogma 2 has out scored rise of the ronin in reviews. I don’t hold reviews as gospel but interesting to look at.
Got both Dragons Dogma 2 and Rise of The Ronin preloaded! Hellz yeah!!! Gonna be a fun gaming weekend doggies!
Dragons Dogma 2 has gotten pretty bad reviews, least on Steam. 34% Mostly Negative, performance issues and microtransactions in a single player game. For that price i may wait for a sale, shame too as i had my eye on it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of the what Ive seen of two games is a bit underwhelming. I'm going to give Rise of Ronin a shot, because as far as gaming Im on loop of older games and want something new.

I hope Dreadwolf comes out this year

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Dragons Dogma 2 has gotten pretty bad reviews, least on Steam. 34% Mostly Negative, performance issues and microtransactions in a single player game. For that price i may wait for a sale, shame too as i had my eye on it.
I actually talked my boss into removing micro transactions from a recent game because the previous version got slammed for having them. We even made it a bullet point in the storefront product description.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Always nice hearing your insider scoop information, feel free to share more
Here's something you guys might find interesting. A lot of the design decisions at my studio are just made by me because it's what I would like, but obviously not everyone would agree. For that reason, I'm trying to get us to do more focus testing, which is just having random people play the game and give feedback. Some years back, Universal published one of our games and they had an entire section of their building dedicated to it. We literally watched people playing the game through one-way mirrors to see their reactions and how quickly they understood gameplay mechanics. It was utterly fascinating and sometimes, quite an ego blow. I remember our Art Director hanging his head when one of the participants said the graphics were garbage. He went back and improved some of the work and the game ended up being well received. A lot of the AAA titles that get delayed for years are because of the results from focus testing.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's something you guys might find interesting. A lot of the design decisions at my studio are just made by me because it's what I would like, but obviously not everyone would agree. For that reason, I'm trying to get us to do more focus testing, which is just having random people play the game and give feedback. Some years back, Universal published one of our games and they had an entire section of their building dedicated to it. We literally watched people playing the game through one-way mirrors to see their reactions and how quickly they understood gameplay mechanics. It was utterly fascinating and sometimes, quite an ego blow. I remember our Art Director hanging his head when one of the participants said the graphics were garbage. He went back and improved some of the work and the game ended up being well received. A lot of the AAA titles that get delayed for years are because of the results from focus testing.
I do find this interesting. I know what it's like to pour your everything into a project only to have other people respond underwhelming to the project. Are the focus groups comprised of people who play games regular or ordinary people who rarely, if ever, play video games?