The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Or Fallout, Super Mario Brothers, Borderlands….. Tons of movies/TV coming out. I remember for a long time no film studio could make a half-decent movie or TV show based on a video game but as the technology got better and the games bigger, I guess the games had to show the movie studio how to make stories. LOL
They (Hollywood) are so hit or miss with video game adaptations. I was extremely pleased with Last of Us. Twisted Metal, I thought, was pretty good fun. I heard fans of The Witcher enjoyed the tv show. Halo, on the other hand........ :facepalm:

I've been reading swirling rumors online for years now about a Bioshock TV show. Last I read, fairly recently, is that Netflix has signed up to produce it. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as the main character you play as, Jack, never actually speaks. Please Netflix, I beg of you, do not mess this up. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if Fallout 4 is finally going to get its due now with people flocking because of the show. If think perception wise over time it become "Not as good as Skyrim". People forget it was very competitive with Witcher 3, one of the GOAT's, for GOTY back in 2015

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Outer Worlds was a pretty fun game. Definitely worth the download. I may get it again on my PC. I just downloaded Thief on my Playstation but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for posting these.
Although i haven't tried it, Thief has gotten decent reviews. The first game in the series Thief Gold aka Thief the Dark Project released in 98 has stellar ratings.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I wonder if Fallout 4 is finally going to get its due now with people flocking because of the show. If think perception wise over time it become "Not as good as Skyrim". People forget it was very competitive with Witcher 3, one of the GOAT's, for GOTY back in 2015
I may have to redownloaded to revisit FO4, if i recall correctly it was taxing on some PCs.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to admit, I haven't been able to get into Fallout 4. I've had the game for a few years now and for some reason I just don't get it. Every few months I will give it a go and start a new game, but inevitably I lose interest. It's surprising because it's the type of game I should spend hours on, yet it doesn't do it for me. I will give it a go again I'm sure. This time I will do more research on the game to give me a head start the mechanics of the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still prefer the Elder Scrolls, easily finished Morrowind several times on PC/XBox.

Nope, got Ubisofts fingerprints on it. Will wait for reviews.
If I'm guessing, it may have something to do with one of the executives at Ubisoft saying more or less, "Gamers while have to get used to not owning their games", and I think they may have already removed games people have purchased from servers and the games are not playable anymore.