The Video Game Thread

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Skipped through the Xbox Showcase yesterday. There are some really good-looking games coming out. Crazy that they're all available on Game Pass day one.
It’s not that crazy when you think about it. The profit of each game sold in stores is probably half of what is being sold.

So if you do game pass, the profit of whatever passes you purchase is 100% profit. However, because the game is “free”, people would purchase the DLC and Microsoft would get more profit than if you bought those game(s) at the store.

Then the kicker, people on GamePass don’t even own the game so you still would have to purchase the game if you have invested time in it. All this is a setup for you to get hooked on the game, so it can be taken away and you are forced to purchasing the game (more than likely thru digital).

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Finally got a Nintendo switch, just to play Zelda breath of the Wild and tears of the Kingdom. I can certainly see why these games have Stellar ratings
The oled is so worth it over the regular but both are still good. The switch lite is also good as a secondary and/or for kids who you don’t want mess with the regular switch.

It really comes clutch on flights.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
So, the layoffs in the video game biz finally found me again. 19 years at this studio and I just got the hook. Didn't even get severance pay. I'm going to apply to work on Madden so send me your ideas for the game other than "quit making the same game every year." Maybe you'll help me land a job. I guarantee the Cowboy players will be overrated for your benefit.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
So, the layoffs in the video game biz finally found me again. 19 years at this studio and I just got the hook. Didn't even get severance pay. I'm going to apply to work on Madden so send me your ideas for the game other than "quit making the same game every year." Maybe you'll help me land a job. I guarantee the Cowboy players will be overrated for your benefit.
Sorry man, that's tough. No ideas since I don't play Madden but I hope you get the job.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So very sorry, being as i haven't played Madden in yrs probably not the best person to ask for advice other than quit making the same game. Good Luck.