The Video Game Thread

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge on NCAA 25. Never thought I'd buy a college football game, as I am much more an NFL guy. But I also haven't purchased Madden since 2016 for obvious reasons. And dang it, I just want to play the Hawkeyes. Now the only question is do I want physical or the ease of digital. What did you all go for?

John813

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge on NCAA 25. Never thought I'd buy a college football game, as I am much more an NFL guy. But I also haven't purchased Madden since 2016 for obvious reasons. And dang it, I just want to play the Hawkeyes. Now the only question is do I want physical or the ease of digital. What did you all go for?

I've been lazy. Digital

Year 3 I locked up 3 5 star players and 14 4 star guys.
Still will lose guys with a huge lead on verbal signing while having an A- in their wants.
Guess it's there just to be random.

CPU is defintely smarter when you spam plays on offense or defense compared to Madden 24

John813

Reaction score
I won't go as far as changing the setting to simple because I'd like to get the players i need for the up coming season... Will definitely give it a deeper look this weekend.

Late in the year you can find some gems outside of the recommended players list-which I assume is what the game would only use if you want to sim that.

Always a handful of 4 star prospects without a scholarship that I've been able to snag throwing 50+ hours and/or a scholarship to.
Jumped to #1 on an open prospect by just giving him a scholarship. If they don't bite at that, then I know not to waste too many hours on them.
Found a Gronkowski type TE, funnily enough named Glowkowski by searching by All States and seeing a 4 star TE with no offers. Signed up in 3 weeks.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Late in the year you can find some gems outside of the recommended players list-which I assume is what the game would only use if you want to sim that.

Always a handful of 4 star prospects without a scholarship that I've been able to snag throwing 50+ hours and/or a scholarship to.
Jumped to #1 on an open prospect by just giving him a scholarship. If they don't bite at that, then I know not to waste too many hours on them.
Found a Gronkowski type TE, funnily enough named Glowkowski by searching by All States and seeing a 4 star TE with no offers. Signed up in 3 weeks.
Thanks for the info!

Very funny with that TE, I'll have to see if I have such a guy on my game

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I went digital but physical is the way to go if you can get it used. That way, you have 7 days to return no questions asked.

With digital, questions are asked and they take into consideration how often you played the game.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Funny enough, just had this vs Georgia. Up by 15 going into the 4th. Was down by 3 with 39 seconds left.

Then Georgia decides not to play prevent and I beat them deep.
If you are seeing that you are beating the cpu deep often, you need to raise the threshold slider.

NCAA always have issues of elite WRs beating cbs in man coverage and safeties in zone coverage if threshold is on default.

I have that slider at 95 so the secondary can actually contest with the deep passes.

John813

Reaction score
If you are seeing that you are beating the cpu deep often, you need to raise the threshold slider.

NCAA always have issues of elite WRs beating cbs in man coverage and safeties in zone coverage if threshold is on default.

I have that slider at 95 so the secondary can actually contest with the deep passes.

Good to know.
When I beat them, my best WR was I think 84 overall. Just for some reason they blitzed and played press coverage which my WR beat.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Good to know.
When I beat them, my best WR was I think 84 overall. Just for some reason they blitzed and played press coverage which my WR beat.
I’m hoping what you experienced was just a one time thing and not an issue with the playcalling on defense isn’t like NCAA 14 where they will send at least 5 on almost every down in the 2nd half because of fatigue of starters.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I just suck at the game. lol

I can throw down a run game, but I'm not the greatest as throwing the ball around. I still have a great time with the game though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Borderlands film getting destroyed by critics. Disappointing because there is soooooo much potential there
Yup, I've heard the same. Actually read a headline that said it was the worst video game adaptation ever. I guess they never saw Street Fighter. :laugh:

Bummer though, as like you said, there was a lot of potential there and I want those kind of movies to do well.

John813

Reaction score
Going into year 5, Georgia has made the National Championship game every time.
Oregon always recruits the most 5 star plays. in 2027 they had 7 5 star players, then 21 4 star players, then 3 star recruits.
Once Oregon offers a scholarship, it's game over.
I usually try to face them with the custom schedule in weeks 4-7 at home to try to claim the recruit before they can lol.

The offseason training is random. Going from year 4-5 I simmed that week 3 times. I've seen up to 8 overall point swings on random players, then the next sim 1 or no improvement.
WR's that make it to senior year get really fast. My RS SR WR is now a 99 speed when as a freshman he was 90.
My top 3 sr WR's are 99, 97 and 95 respectively for speed. Notice the same for the CPU and even for RB's.
It's creating a lot of boom plays for the CPU. Either stop them for a 4 yard gain or they go off for a 75 yd TD.

Hopefully in the next update we can edit the faces of the recruits at least. So many 18 year old white dudes with biker beards.

Yup, I've heard the same. Actually read a headline that said it was the worst video game adaptation ever. I guess they never saw Street Fighter. :laugh:

Bummer though, as like you said, there was a lot of potential there and I want those kind of movies to do well.

Streetfighter was bad, but we got a great performance from Raul Julia.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Just was able to snag the limited edition Astro Bot PS5 controller. It is sick. New haptic trigger reactions with animations on the touch pad. And I've heard if you use it with the Astro Bot game it does some crazy stuff. Hype.