The Video Game Thread

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barely two weeks after launch, Sony is shutting Concord down and refunding all sales.

They say they plan to "explore options" .. which probably means going free-to-play.

Better looking characters would likely help as well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Barely two weeks after launch, Sony is shutting Concord down and refunding all sales.

They say they plan to "explore options" .. which probably means going free-to-play.

Ouch!! It's a brutal climate right now for FPS games.

I was reading yesterday how Xdefiant is starting to fail pretty hard. After a successful launch with millions of players, the game's player count has dropped significantly, struggling to maintain even 20,000 players across all platforms. It's bad enough that Ubisoft is unhappy and demanding better 3rd quarter results or the game may lose support.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I just read about this news. One of the biggest flops I've ever seen.

I watched a couple trailers and I noticed the characters lack luster.

But I'm not into the hero shooter genre. So was never gonna get it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just read about this news. One of the biggest flops I've ever seen.

I watched a couple trailers and I noticed the characters lack luster.

But I'm not into the hero shooter genre. So was never gonna get it.
I really think they messed up with the character design but also their timing is horrible with Black Myth Wukong's recent release and, more importantly, Marvel Rivals coming out later this year.

I think Sony's smart to pull the plug now because it likely will cost them more to operate, host and support the online game than they generated through sales.

I hate to see any long-development game permanently shelved or shuttered, so I hope they find a way to reconcept it and maybe relaunch it next year.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally got Star Wars Outlaws in the mail today.......well.......I could have had it Saturday but apparently the USPS guy put it in the wrong mailbox. :laugh: My neighbor brought it over this morning. Good thing I have some honest neighbors. Anyways, surprised to see that it's 2 discs. Didn't even know they did that anymore. It's installing now so hopefully I can give it a whirl here in a bit!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I really think they messed up with the character design but also their timing is horrible with Black Myth Wukong's recent release and, more importantly, Marvel Rivals coming out later this year.

I think Sony's smart to pull the plug now because it likely will cost them more to operate, host and support the online game than they generated through sales.

I hate to see any long-development game permanently shelved or shuttered, so I hope they find a way to reconcept it and maybe relaunch it next year.
Agreed. They probably wanted to release it well before Marvel Rivals hits the market during the holiday season.

But the over saturated hero shooter genre is dominated by free-to-play games, making the $40 price a big ask.

Without well established characters like Marvel Rivals, paying to play a hero shooter is a non-starter for many.

And Marvel Rivals is going to be released as a free-to-play, accompanied with a battle pass of course. :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Finally got Star Wars Outlaws in the mail today.......well.......I could have had it Saturday but apparently the USPS guy put it in the wrong mailbox. :laugh: My neighbor brought it over this morning. Good thing I have some honest neighbors. Anyways, surprised to see that it's 2 discs. Didn't even know they did that anymore. It's installing now so hopefully I can give it a whirl here in a bit!
That's fortunate, I also I have a neighbor that's done that for me before. I'm still having fun in Star Wars Outlaws, even all the side quests. It just scratches a Star Wars itch that I've had for awhile. :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve heard people saying Astro bot is Mario odyssey good and that someone finally managed to match Nintendo on a 3d platformer
Im still hoping for new mainline Mario. Outside of maybe GTA, its the most bankable franchise in gaming.

Mario and Luigi Brothership sounds very interesting, but I dont know if it counta as a mainline Mario game

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I had a few hours with Astro Bot last night. It's absolutely fantastic. It has creative gameplay, creative level design, crisp graphics, makes great use of the PS5's haptic controller, and is just overall a very fun feel-good and lovely game. Wish I didn't have to run to work today so I could play some more......oh wait.....what was that? cough cough. Think I'm coming down with something.
:grin:

:laugh: