The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Borderlands film getting destroyed by critics. Disappointing because there is soooooo much potential there
I just finished Borderlands 3. It's the first and only Borderlands game I've ever played. I didn't know there was a Boderlands movie in the works. It was surprising to hear how much of a flop it is considering the rich source material from the games.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed Borderlands 3.
I just finished the game and I enjoyed it also. I remember a few years ago I started to play a Borderlands game, but for some reason it didn't click for me. I guess it was the cartoonish vibe I got from the game.(?) I don't remember which Borderlands game it was.

Did you play the other Borderlands games and if so, which do you recommend?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just finished the game and I enjoyed it also. I remember a few years ago I started to play a Borderlands game, but for some reason it didn't click for me. I guess it was the cartoonish vibe I got from the game.(?) I don't remember which Borderlands game it was.

2 is considered one of the GOATS. I think its available on PSVR too (the original)

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I dabbled in 2, but never deep dived into the game for some reason (I think at the time I had a few games that had my interest). It looked great from what I could tell.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Yup, I've heard the same. Actually read a headline that said it was the worst video game adaptation ever. I guess they never saw Street Fighter. :laugh:

Bummer though, as like you said, there was a lot of potential there and I want those kind of movies to do well.
Street Fighter is bad, but it isn't the worst movie adaptation of a video game. That title probably belongs to House of the Dead or Alone in the Dark or Far Cry, which all are directed by Uwe Boll. :muttley:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest with you guys, I didn't even know a Far Cry movie existed. It looks horrible from that trailer. :laugh:
Uwe Boll adaptations are less known than Street Fighter & Super Mario Bros. but they're worse.

I watched Far Cry with some friends, but we used a drinking game to help get through it. :laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Gamefly is shipping me Star Wars: Outlaws. I'm excited to try it.

Also, for anybody that cares, COD Black Ops 6 beta is this Friday. If you have GamePass on PC/Xbox, you will have access to it.