The Video Game Thread

Praxit

Reaction score
...well, I started up System Shock remake. I was playing Warhammer 40K Battlesector.

About halfway through, the game began crashing. I tried everything, graphic settings, this n that.

I looked for latest patch. Which was already installed. So, uninstalled it. Fun game too..

Fortunately for me. I never played the 90's System Shock. So far, Im having a blast. Nostalgia is real. ;)..

Juggernaut

Reaction score
vampire survivors came out on PlayStation and it’s cheap so I say why not. I got addicted enough I put in 10 hours over two days. Something about that game play loop just triggers something within me.
10+ hours of entertainment for a $5 video game, now that's a great value. A friend told me, "If you're into rouge-lite shoot 'em ups, then Vampire Survivor will give you the biggest bang for your buck." :laugh:

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
PlayStation fans would love to know your thoughts on the PS5 Pro, 700$ is pretty steep and no disk drive is a no go from me.
I bought the PlayStation 4 Pro, but it released at the original PlayStation 4 release price. Thus, I'm thinking of waiting to get the PlayStation 5 Pro until it drops to the original PlayStation 5 release price. :muttley:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
PlayStation fans would love to know your thoughts on the PS5 Pro, 700$ is pretty steep and no disk drive is a no go from me.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous. $700 with no disk drive AND they couldn't even throw in the console stand for that price. You have to buy that extra. It's going to be a hard pass for me. Spending that kind of cash should feel like a significant upgrade, not like you're downgrading hardware. The comparison videos I've seen (and I do understand it's harder to see the true graphical difference with the video quality on YouTube) isn't THAT much different for that kind of cash.

Plus, I read the PS5 Disc Drives are starting to sell out. So that tells me the scalpers are already jumping at the opportunity and loading them up to take advantage of PS5 Pro buyers. :rolleyes:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it's absolutely ridiculous. $700 with no disk drive AND they couldn't even throw in the console stand for that price. You have to buy that extra. It's going to be a hard pass for me. Spending that kind of cash should feel like a significant upgrade, not like you're downgrading hardware. The comparison videos I've seen (and I do understand it's harder to see the true graphical difference with the video quality on YouTube) isn't THAT much different for that kind of cash.

Plus, I read the PS5 Disc Drives are starting to sell out. So that tells me the scalpers are already jumping at the opportunity and loading them up to take advantage of PS5 Pro buyers. :rolleyes:
Yup Im passing. Already got a PS5 and a SeriesX, so Im good for this cycle. Plus I dont know of a PS game thats going to be out before PS6 that Im gonna feel compelled for an upgrade. Maybe Witcher 4 and Horizon 3, but Im not spending that much money for a slightly better version of two games

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was hyping up Astro Bot when they announced a full game. The tech demo blew me away when I scored a PS5 opening day. Game of the year. But Zelda has a chance as well.
My only tiny tiny tiny complaint on Astro Bots was no VR support. I feel like it was a missed opportunity. There is an Astrobots VR on the PSVR1 and it's quite possibly the greatest VR experience I've ever had, so I was defintely bummed about that.

With that said, taking away the no VR support, the game is incredible. I love everything about it. It's a game I don't ever want to end.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Anyone play Astro Bot yet? Heard it is GOTY worthy. Wife wants to get a PS5 just for that. :laugh:
If you or your wife ever played and enjoyed Super Mario Odyssey, then you'll love Astro Bot. Want to score extra wife points? Get her that limited edition Astro Bot controller, when it's back in stock. :laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
In spirit of the new Astro Bot game, I decided to fire up the ole' PS4 Pro/PSVR1 and give Astro Bots VR a revisit this afternoon. I got sucked in for like 3-4 hours. lol Still an amazing game and one of my favorite VR experiences. Does make you a bit bummed they didn't make a version of the new Astro Bot game in VR.

Going back to the PSVR1, for the first time in a long time, I can definitely see some difference compared to the PSVR2. They've definitely got better with resolution and lighting. Anyway, I hadn't sat and nerded out on a good VR gaming session in quite some time. Was fun!

:grin:

Juggernaut

Reaction score

Oh yeah...Stole the show for PS5 State of Play.

Ghost of Yotei definitely stole the show. I'm also looking forward to the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 Remaster and the new characters for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

Ok...I know it's a waste of green, but I'm sorry...pre-ordering a PS5 PRO
The 30th Anniversary PlayStation 5 Pro Bundle looks worth the green. Pulls the nostalgia lever. :laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ghost of Yotei definitely stole the show. I'm also looking forward to the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 Remaster and the new characters for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

The 30th Anniversary PlayStation 5 Pro Bundle looks worth the green. Pulls the nostalgia lever. :laugh:

I'll definitely be playing the new TMNT.

I've been seeing Sony getting hammered on a little bit about their State of Play. The one that gave me the biggest chuckle was PS5 PRO stands for Play Remasters Only. :muttley: