The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Played Destiny 2 for a bit, mainly to give myself a break from being burnt out on WOW classic.

It has a robust PVE element, PVP element as well as elements of questing and character development.
BUT at the end of the day in its primal form it is still first and foremost a shooter. Already getting tired of it and am close to deleting its 80 GB size off of my SSD.

ArcheAge Unchained is getting released OCT 15. AA was a MMO that released about 5 years ago that was wonderful in its testing phase but ruined after the developers introduced a pay to win cash shop on release. Unchained will basically be the same game with no cash shop and zero pay to win elements. You can quest, explore, build a house{that is real not instanced} build a ship/naval combat, set up trade routes, be a pirate as well as the usual PVE and PVP nation vs nation. You can test the game starting October 7th via the games launcher/test server.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
oGm0Gbn.gif
:lmao2:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
One thing about Gamefly is you're game que is at the mercy of what is available at the warehouse to be delivered. As you can imagine, new releases get gobbled up pretty fast. Every now and then I can time it right by sending a game back at the right time. Well, just by pure chance, I timed it right and I have the new Ghost Recon Breakpoint heading my way. I didn't realize it released already, so it just worked out for me. I really enjoyed Wildlands so I have high hopes! I will let you guys know.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
One thing about Gamefly is you're game que is at the mercy of what is available at the warehouse to be delivered. As you can imagine, new releases get gobbled up pretty fast. Every now and then I can time it right by sending a game back at the right time. Well, just by pure chance, I timed it right and I have the new Ghost Recon Breakpoint heading my way. I didn't realize it released already, so it just worked out for me. I really enjoyed Wildlands so I have high hopes! I will let you guys know.

Yes, please let us know how it is. I have fond memories of playing the original Ghost Recon and its 2 expansions. Also really with Ubisoft would remaster those first 3 Splinter Cell games, those were awesome.

Lutonio

Reaction score

I loved Wildlands. I played the beta for Breakpoint and was really disappointed. It felt like a game that didn't know if it wanted to be a tactical squad shooter or a live service looter shooter, so neither got done well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I loved Wildlands. I played the beta for Breakpoint and was really disappointed. It felt like a game that didn't know if it wanted to be a tactical squad shooter or a live service looter shooter, so neither got done well.

I loved Wildlands too!! I got Breakpoint yesterday, got it loaded with all it's updates (there was a 13gb update right off the bat lol), and only got to play it for like 10-15 minutes. Those 10-15 minutes tell me I can see exactly what you're talking about. I will have to dig in deeper this week and see.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Looks like the PS5 will be coming Holiday season 2020.
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/the-nex...nd-is-hitting-shelves-holiday-2020-1000054016

Today via a blogpost and an exclusive on Wired, Sony lifted the veil more fully on their successor to the wildly successful PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 5, or PS5, will be hitting shelves Holiday 2020.

The reveal, spread across the PlayStation Blog and an exclusive via Wired, doesn't make mention of how the console itself will look, or even an exact release date and price, but ti does give us plenty of other information to work with.

What we know:

• The PlayStation 5 (as well as Xbox's Project Scarlett) will use a CPU base on AMD's Ryzen chips, while the GPU will belong to AMD's new Navi line of graphics processors.
  • The PlayStation 5 will include a solid-state drive, no longer relying on the mechanical hard drives of yesteryear. Bluepoint's Marco Thrush is excited about the SSDs, speaking to Wired: "The SSD has me really excited[.] You don't need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we're kind of going back to what consoles used to be."
  • Mark Cerny confirms there is some sort of GPU hardware-accelerated ray tracing, but we still don't know how powerful the Navi chip will be driving it, and to what extent console players can expect to see ray-tracing elements in their games. But Cerny wanted to get across this isn't a software-fix, rather enabled with the GPU.
  • The PS5 will use 100GB Optical Disks, which uses an optical drive (which doubles as a 4K Bluray player)
  • Game installation from a disk is still mandatory, but the PS5 is treating installs differently that you might expect. Cerny mentions allowing "finer-grained access" to your [install] data, meaning you could, as Wired puts it, install only the multiplayer campaign of a game, or installing the whole game, but deleting single player once you've finished the campaign.
  • The new controller is similar to the PS4 controller, but will include "adaptive triggers." According to Wired, who has held the controller prototype, these adaptive triggers " can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing—the tension increasing as you pull the arrow back—or make a machine gun feel far different from a shotgun. "
  • The controller is ditching the Micro-USB standard and moving to USB-C connections for charging and wired play.
  • The new controller incorporates more advanced "haptic feedback." According to Wired, the improved haptics could have been included with the PS4 Pro's Dual Shock 4, but Sony didn't want to create a "split experience."
  • According to the PlayStation Blog, these new haptics replace the rumble technology found in controllers since the days of the N64 Rumble Pack. The idea is that with the new haptic feedback versus the traditional rumble, players can feel a "broader range of feedback." This means doing something such as crashing into a wall will feel very different than getting tackled on a football field, to use Jim Ryan's example from the PS Blog.
Excited this is the first console to be switching over to a SSD instead of using the old mechanical drives.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wow, the PS5 sounds legit. Sucks, I feel like I just dropped coin for my PS4 Pro not that long ago. As much as I am going to want to, I may hold out a bit before jumping right into these new consoles. It's expensive to play keep up. :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wow, the PS5 sounds legit. Sucks, I feel like I just dropped coin for my PS4 Pro not that long ago. As much as I am going to want to, I may hold out a bit before jumping right into these new consoles. It's expensive to play keep up. :laugh:

A new iteration has been out about every 6 years. The last video card I got for my PC was a tad more in price than a PS4 pro. I still believe upgrading to a new console every 6 years or so is cheaper than upgrading motherboards/cpus/ram/gpus every six years. But I still prefer PC gaming.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to the PC in November, the 5th for Rockstar games launcher and Epic games launcher and December for Steam.
Minimum Specifications

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300

• Memory: 8GB

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB

• HDD Space : 150 GB available space

• Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended Specifications

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

• Memory: 12GB

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

Not terribly high system requirements except the 150 GB required HDD space.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to the PC in November, the 5th for Rockstar games launcher and Epic games launcher and December for Steam.
Minimum Specifications

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300

• Memory: 8GB

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB

Recommended Specifications

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

• Memory: 12GB

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

Not terribly high system requirements except the 150 GB required HDD space.
Know a PC only game that is gonna be excited about this

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like the PS5 will be coming Holiday season 2020.
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/the-nex...nd-is-hitting-shelves-holiday-2020-1000054016

Today via a blogpost and an exclusive on Wired, Sony lifted the veil more fully on their successor to the wildly successful PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 5, or PS5, will be hitting shelves Holiday 2020.

The reveal, spread across the PlayStation Blog and an exclusive via Wired, doesn't make mention of how the console itself will look, or even an exact release date and price, but ti does give us plenty of other information to work with.

What we know:

• The PlayStation 5 (as well as Xbox's Project Scarlett) will use a CPU base on AMD's Ryzen chips, while the GPU will belong to AMD's new Navi line of graphics processors.
  • The PlayStation 5 will include a solid-state drive, no longer relying on the mechanical hard drives of yesteryear. Bluepoint's Marco Thrush is excited about the SSDs, speaking to Wired: "The SSD has me really excited[.] You don't need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we're kind of going back to what consoles used to be."
  • Mark Cerny confirms there is some sort of GPU hardware-accelerated ray tracing, but we still don't know how powerful the Navi chip will be driving it, and to what extent console players can expect to see ray-tracing elements in their games. But Cerny wanted to get across this isn't a software-fix, rather enabled with the GPU.
  • The PS5 will use 100GB Optical Disks, which uses an optical drive (which doubles as a 4K Bluray player)
  • Game installation from a disk is still mandatory, but the PS5 is treating installs differently that you might expect. Cerny mentions allowing "finer-grained access" to your [install] data, meaning you could, as Wired puts it, install only the multiplayer campaign of a game, or installing the whole game, but deleting single player once you've finished the campaign.
  • The new controller is similar to the PS4 controller, but will include "adaptive triggers." According to Wired, who has held the controller prototype, these adaptive triggers " can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing—the tension increasing as you pull the arrow back—or make a machine gun feel far different from a shotgun. "
  • The controller is ditching the Micro-USB standard and moving to USB-C connections for charging and wired play.
  • The new controller incorporates more advanced "haptic feedback." According to Wired, the improved haptics could have been included with the PS4 Pro's Dual Shock 4, but Sony didn't want to create a "split experience."
  • According to the PlayStation Blog, these new haptics replace the rumble technology found in controllers since the days of the N64 Rumble Pack. The idea is that with the new haptic feedback versus the traditional rumble, players can feel a "broader range of feedback." This means doing something such as crashing into a wall will feel very different than getting tackled on a football field, to use Jim Ryan's example from the PS Blog.
Excited this is the first console to be switching over to a SSD instead of using the old mechanical drives.
Good. Got a year+ to start putting away money. I want to get two ar launch. One for me and one for my nephew