The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is interested,
https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/18/...nclaimed-land-up-for-sale-for-a-limited-time/

For any Chronicles of Elyria fans who happened to miss out getting themselves some in-game land and has $65 to $3,500 burning a hole in their pocket, you probably will be interested in learning that another event (which boils down to Soulbound Studios selling things) is on. Specifically, a Settlers of Elyria event, which is putting unclaimed Duchies, Counties, Settlements, and even a Kingdom up for grabs.

Here’s how it works: From now until Saturday, February 1st, unclaimed settlements will be up for Dutch auction, meaning the price of a settlement will drop 1% every day until the end of the event to a total of 45% off. On top of that, there will be flash sales for featured settlements every 20 minutes, hacking an extra 10% off of the original price. Bear in mind, though, that this in-game land isn’t actually built yet: Chronicles of Elyria isn’t in any alpha testing at the time of this writing, just an internal pre-alpha, so the real estate on offer isn’t real, even in a digital sense.

Yes you have read that correctly, 65-3500 $$ for a chunk of land in a game that hasn't even hit alpha stage of testing yet, mind you the game was supposed to be released in December/2017.
At least Star Citizen has playable builds and offers free weekends to try out what is finished before pledging.

As much as I love the concept of the what they are attempting I predict a huge flop.

GMO415

Reaction score
Last video game I played. I liked girls too much

A2600_Pitfall.png

HotDog37

Reaction score
Strictly PC here. AMD 3900x now (12c/24t). 32GB of DDR4 3600 CL16, with a GTX 2080. Display is an Asus ROG 1440p 144 htz model. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I broke down and bought the VR kit for my PS4 a couple years ago. It can be fun but it is definitely a novelty item. Got heavily used at first, but honestly, it mostly sits now. In fact I put it on for the first time in months like a week ago. There are some cool games out there but it feels like such a process to get everything out, put everything on, make sure everything is working and you have the room, just to play a simple game.

It will get better as the technology grows and you can get wireless units that have better tracking.

With that said, Batman VR and Astrobots are the best VR games I have played to date.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I broke down and bought the VR kit for my PS4 a couple years ago. It can be fun but it is definitely a novelty item. Got heavily used at first, but honestly, it mostly sits now. In fact I put it on for the first time in months like a week ago. There are some cool games out there but it feels like such a process to get everything out, put everything on, make sure everything is working and you have the room, just to play a simple game.

It will get better as the technology grows and you can get wireless units that have better tracking.

With that said, Batman VR and Astrobots are the best VR games I have played to date.
I have wanted badly to try VR and every so often I consider doing it, but ultimately see game play videos and it changes my mind.

I am more optimistic about VR now and I may still try it once I move, but I would like to see some improvement on usability, mobility and game quality.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have wanted badly to try VR and every so often I consider doing it, but ultimately see game play videos and it changes my mind.

I am more optimistic about VR now and I may still try it once I move, but I would like to see some improvement on usability, mobility and game quality.

There are some cool games out there and it can definitely be fun, but you are correct, there is definitely room for improvement. The tracking on mine can get sloppy and it can tend to be high maintenance in keeping everything functioning smoothly and correctly. When I get annoyed by it I try to keep an open mind to it that the technology is still in it's infancy.