The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The NFL has ended its exclusive contract with EA.

2K announced they already have projects in development scheduled for 2021 release.

One stipulation is that the NFL and EA have mandated that 2K's projects will not be simulation games like Madden.

I can totally live with the return of more arcade-y football games like Tecmo Super Bowl.
Huh..your first part got me all revved up then saw the stipulation. So in essence, Madden still has a monopoly on "real football" smh. Dang it, should be reversed. Appreciate the info though most definitely.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I always thought EA should make another NFL Street game. Maybe 2k does something like that this time.

Also seeing somebody bring back NFL Blitz would be awesome.

I thought NFL Streets was kind of fun. Talk about a throwback!

Also, I love Blitz. I have the original on my Xbox to this day (they added it in the backwards compatible program).

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought NFL Streets was kind of fun. Talk about a throwback!

Also, I love Blitz. I have the original on my Xbox to this day (they added it in the backwards compatible program).

I remember first playing. NFL Blitz with one of my buddies at the arcade. Before it even came out on the consoles. We sunk so many quarters into that machine.......... of course to then buy it for N64 when it got ported to consoles.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Call of Duty Warzone was released yesterday and is free to play for one and all, and it is standalone battle royal for those that don't know.
Not sure about consoles but the PC download on Battle Net is around 80 GB's{Ouch!}

Play a few matches and its pretty fun, not great but its free so..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I remember first playing. NFL Blitz with one of my buddies at the arcade. Before it even came out on the consoles. We sunk so many quarters into that machine.......... of course to then buy it for N64 when it got ported to consoles.

So, I was wrong!! For some reason I had my wires crossed when I was thinking about this, but I have NBA Jam on console, not Blitz. Now that we are talking about it though, wonder if they have Blitz floating around in their marketplace? Anyway, same as you, I remember playing the heck out of the arcade game. We also did the same thing with NBA Jam. Ah, good times.

For you PC guys, Horizon Zero Dawn is getting ported to PC

I highly recommend picking this up. Amazing game

I can second this.

Call of Duty Warzone was released yesterday and is free to play for one and all, and it is standalone battle royal for those that don't know.
Not sure about consoles but the PC download on Battle Net is around 80 GB's{Ouch!}

Play a few matches and its pretty fun, not great but its free so..

Finally played a few matches last night. Not too bad. I like how they threw in a few new wrinkles, but overall, same ole' battle royale type game-play. I'm guessing I will probably give it more chances, I enjoy the gigantic map, but I doubt it's something I'm going to be chomping at the bit all day at work to get home and play.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So, I was wrong!! For some reason I had my wires crossed when I was thinking about this, but I have NBA Jam on console, not Blitz. Now that we are talking about it though, wonder if they have Blitz floating around in their marketplace? Anyway, same as you, I remember playing the heck out of the arcade game. We also did the same thing with NBA Jam. Ah, good times.

I can second this.

Finally played a few matches last night. Not too bad. I like how they threw in a few new wrinkles, but overall, same ole' battle royale type game-play. I'm guessing I will probably give it more chances, I enjoy the gigantic map, but I doubt it's something I'm going to be chomping at the bit all day at work to get home and play.

No, me either. Probably will play for a bit and uninstall to get back the 80 gigs space. I certainly wouldn't have paid for it.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
N4zPv1U.gif
:lmao:

bornafan1981

Reaction score
I always thought EA should make another NFL Street game. Maybe 2k does something like that this time.

Also seeing somebody bring back NFL Blitz would be awesome.

EA owns the rights to Blitz, and put out the last Blitz game. They bought it when Midway liquidated.

Maybe 2kVC makes something decent, that doesn't rely on VC like their basketball games.
They have also managed to ruin the wrestling game genre over the last 3 years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
EA owns the rights to Blitz, and put out the last Blitz game. They bought it when Midway liquidated.

Maybe 2kVC makes something decent, that doesn't rely on VC like their basketball games.
They have also managed to ruin the wrestling game genre over the last 3 years.

I remember seeing the last blitz game. Didn’t realize EA made it.

EA should make another one.

EA is terrible overall. IMO. So we shall see.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Staying home all weekend considering everything, etc. Just started Red Dead 2 and finally getting into it a little bit, finally got a new horse lol. Should kill my weekend :D The morality system is messing with me, I keep accidentally killing folks when I mean to fist fight, etc. Press R2 blam, oops time to run!

JayFord

Reaction score
Well since I’ll be in the house a few days I can finish games I’ve had on backlog

Sekiro
Death stranding
Dragon Ball Kakarot
Control

just finished Jedi fallen order and I must say the first 3-4 hours I said this game isn’t that great it’s more of a chore and it’s kinda boring and slow....but oh my when you get to the 5th hour the rest of the game is a complete 9/10 just amazing the only reason i can’t give it a 10 is the frame drops are a HUGE issue it’s noticeable like really noticeable and the load times are unacceptable.......

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Well since I’ll be in the house a few days I can finish games I’ve had on backlog

Sekiro
Death stranding
Dragon Ball Kakarot
Control

just finished Jedi fallen order and I must say the first 3-4 hours I said this game isn’t that great it’s more of a chore and it’s kinda boring and slow....but oh my when you get to the 5th hour the rest of the game is a complete 9/10 just amazing the only reason i can’t give it a 10 is the frame drops are a HUGE issue it’s noticeable like really noticeable and the load times are unacceptable.......

Death Stranding any good?

HungryLion

Reaction score
The NFL put an end to Blitz as part of cleaning up its image as being a dangerous, concussion causing sport.
The league had input on the last game and attempted to "clean up" Blitz, by removing late hits, celebrations & such, which of course resulted in the demise of the series.

I suppose it makes sense. It’s a shame though. I thought the original blitz’s were pretty cartoony.
I know the blitz I had for PS2 showed dudes skulls being broken and their scrotums tearing. So perhaps that was a bit much. LOL

Shoot the original blitz I played using the cowboys and had Aikman and Emmitt and I think Michael Irvin. So that shows how old that is.