The Video Game Thread

John813

Reaction score
Jeez, they weren't kidding on eternal being a lot more tedious.

Had to revert back to I'm too young to die before I get the hang of all the new features. lol

Dash, ice bomb, flame thrower etc... Remembering that fire means armor, glory kill for health and chainsaw for ammo. And a ton of more enemies surrounding you than before it seems.
Can only play for about 30-45 minutes before taking a break lol.

Also, they nerfed the ammo count early on. Upgrading one crystal for ammo bumped the shotgun ammo from 16 to 18...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I did the train ticket trick to get to most spots they allow me like Saint Denis that the story hsn't got to yet, but just started chp 3. This pig farm was near flatwood, but am on the 2nd camp now after shooting up Valentine. I still have spots whited out too and prob will at the end of it. I know there's a new Austin I haven't even scratched yet.

Yeah there is this huge lower left section of the map that didn't even seem to come into my story mode. I eventually just took the time to wander down through there. That game has one of the best open world maps I've ever explored.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Division 2 for pretty much free from Gamefly. I had Gamefly dollars that were about to expire. I couldn't find any game that I really wanted (or didn't have already) so I basically just chose one. Anybody played this one? I want to say I played a demo of it super briefly and it seemed like it could be ok. I guess for free even if it sucks, eh, whatever.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I ended up getting the Division 2 for pretty much free from Gamefly. I had Gamefly dollars that were about to expire. I couldn't find any game that I really wanted (or didn't have already) so I basically just chose one. Anybody played this one? I want to say I played a demo of it super briefly and it seemed like it could be ok. I guess for free even if it sucks, eh, whatever.
Realistic shooter using Gears of war cover tactics. It's definitely not bad, almost too realistic for me and centered more around MP but can play it SP...there is a campaign.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Reality
Remember us discussing Chronicles of Elyria several years ago? Looks like they have halted development and laid of all employees.
https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/25/...ria-halts-development-lays-off-all-employees/
I saw that earlier. I tried warning friends and people on other sites about that one from the beginning.

People should stop supporting games until there is at least a playable version of some kind where you can see a real product is being created and the preliminary quality of that product.

I can understand a developer or small studio asking for money to take a working prototype game to launch, but asking for money before a product even starts or has a playable version is usually just a money grab and quite often the first of many.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeez, they weren't kidding on eternal being a lot more tedious.

Had to revert back to I'm too young to die before I get the hang of all the new features. lol

Dash, ice bomb, flame thrower etc... Remembering that fire means armor, glory kill for health and chainsaw for ammo. And a ton of more enemies surrounding you than before it seems.
Can only play for about 30-45 minutes before taking a break lol.

Also, they nerfed the ammo count early on. Upgrading one crystal for ammo bumped the shotgun ammo from 16 to 18...
How is the save feature? Is it autosave when the games says you're going to save, or does it give you an option to save on your own? I have raged quit (and abandoned games over it) when you think you finished a level or a fight and explore and do something stupid or get killed by an unexpected enemy and have to start ALL OVER AGAIN! I cannot stand that. I'm too old, too slow, and don't have enough time to replay 20 minutes I thought I completed.

John813

Reaction score
How is the save feature? Is it autosave when the games says you're going to save, or does it give you an option to save on your own? I have raged quit (and abandoned games over it) when you think you finished a level or a fight and explore and do something stupid or get killed by an unexpected enemy and have to start ALL OVER AGAIN! I cannot stand that. I'm too old, too slow, and don't have enough time to replay 20 minutes I thought I completed.

Autosave at set intervals. It seems to be set right before a decent battle or a few moments before one. I say it's set so far at the right intervals but I'm early in the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Autosave at set intervals. It seems to be set right before a decent battle or a few moments before one. I say it's set so far at the right intervals but I'm early in the game.
Thanks. I'm playing the demo now, and it's fun, but I can see where the sheer number of enemies can get overwhelming. This is just the beginning of the game. Lol

John813

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm playing the demo now, and it's fun, but I can see where the sheer number of enemies can get overwhelming. This is just the beginning of the game. Lol

It is. I'd advise you not to play it before you want to go to bed. Definitely gets the heart rate going.
You may be better than me at the game, I still suck, but there are a lot more times I'll be down to 6-15 remaining health and miraculously chain saw a demon in time to replenish health.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I saw that earlier. I tried warning friends and people on other sites about that one from the beginning.

People should stop supporting games until there is at least a playable version of some kind where you can see a real product is being created and the preliminary quality of that product.

I can understand a developer or small studio asking for money to take a working prototype game to launch, but asking for money before a product even starts or has a playable version is usually just a money grab and quite often the first of many.

And they just released this pre alpha video a few days ago, which oddly looks like something from a Tomb Raider game.
https://iis-prod.chroniclesofelyria.com/news/34776/PreAlpha-Testing-has-officially-begun

I have a friend that backed this for a couple hundred bucks, bet he and countless others will never see a refund.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Received Death Stranding from Gamefly. I've heard it's kind of weird but captivating, among a few other mixed reviews. It is loading now and I will have to check it out tomorrow. Anybody else played it?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Received Death Stranding from Gamefly. I've heard it's kind of weird but captivating, among a few other mixed reviews. It is loading now and I will have to check it out tomorrow. Anybody else played it?
No and was a bit let down people calling it a walking simulator lol. I was kind of waiting on someone here to gve the details bc there isn't much combat evidently. Lemme know your vibes

Lutonio

Reaction score

I thought the Division 2 was great, and the recent patches and new expansion have hit a really good spot. The gadgets and skills got a huge overhaul, making them stronger and letting you use them more frequently. It's pretty much the only game I'll switch to from Hunt: Showdown right now.

Also, get Hunt: Showdown. If you've been dabbling in battle royale, this is what to play.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I thought the Division 2 was great, and the recent patches and new expansion have hit a really good spot. The gadgets and skills got a huge overhaul, making them stronger and letting you use them more frequently. It's pretty much the only game I'll switch to from Hunt: Showdown right now.

Also, get Hunt: Showdown. If you've been dabbling in battle royale, this is what to play.

I indeed have been dabbling in the Battle Royale genre! I will have to check this one out!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
No and was a bit let down people calling it a walking simulator lol. I was kind of waiting on someone here to gve the details bc there isn't much combat evidently. Lemme know your vibes

So...........I get the walking simulator vibes. haha

To start, the game is absolutely gorgeous. The graphics and open world design are really pleasing to the eyes. The story line is intriguing, yet, a little out there and quite vague to begin. I felt like they left you to try and piece together the premise yourself in the beginning, and maybe it gets better as the game wears on, but out of the gate I was left feeling a little, "huh"? On that note, I hope you like cut scenes, because there are quite a few of them. Now, to the game play, well, I get the walking simulator vibes, because, well that is what it feels like. You grab packages and you deliver them as you traverse across rocky lands and water features all while trying to keep your balance. At first I felt like, ok, I got this. After awhile though it just started to feel more like a chore than fun to complete these missions. Plus, just very slow paced. A game should be fun and relaxing, not monotonous work. :D

Now, I was told if you can push through the first chapter (which I understand is about 15-20 hours) then the game opens up a bit and you can start creating infrastructure like roads and such. Sounds pretty cool but I just don't have the patience to wait that long. I have too many other fantastic games to play. So, I gave it a shot but it just wasn't for me. The great benefit of Gamefly. Game isn't great? Seal it up and mail it back.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So...........I get the walking simulator vibes. haha

To start, the game is absolutely gorgeous. The graphics and open world design are really pleasing to the eyes. The story line is intriguing, yet, a little out there and quite vague to begin. I felt like they left you to try and piece together the premise yourself in the beginning, and maybe it gets better as the game wears on, but out of the gate I was left feeling a little, "huh"? On that note, I hope you like cut scenes, because there are quite a few of them. Now, to the game play, well, I get the walking simulator vibes, because, well that is what it feels like. You grab packages and you deliver them as you traverse across rocky lands and water features all while trying to keep your balance. At first I felt like, ok, I got this. After awhile though it just started to feel more like a chore than fun to complete these missions. Plus, just very slow paced. A game should be fun and relaxing, not monotonous work. :D

Now, I was told if you can push through the first chapter (which I understand is about 15-20 hours) then the game opens up a bit and you can start creating infrastructure like roads and such. Sounds pretty cool but I just don't have the patience to wait that long. I have too many other fantastic games to play. So, I gave it a shot but it just wasn't for me. The great benefit of Gamefly. Game isn't great? Seal it up and mail it back.
Thanks Slameed! I appreciate the breakdown and honesty. That's where I feel like I'd buy it and never really play it and you kind of showed why with the initial graphics out of the gate but then the slow/tedious gameplay hampers the feel. I thought Red dead was slow paced (great game) so think I'll pass considering lack of combat/chore vibe.
Thanks again homie!