The Video Game Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, here is the PS5. I think it looks pretty slick IMO. Not sure about the controller design though. I guess I would have to hold one.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-revealed-ps5-console-heres-what-we-know/

MVEPDkmNHwy4UKoFT8n9XP-320-80.jpg

Also, super stoked for Horizon Forbidden! I loved the first Horizon Zero Dawn game.
Me too. One of the most fun and engaging open worlds Ive played in a long time

That will be the first game I play in PS5, even if Starfield is out at launch

InTheZone

Reaction score
sony definitely hit the grandslam with ps5

And I've been meaning to catch up on ps3 games lately as I completely ignored it this gen, amazing how fast time goes by. Less time in online multiplayer games will make it easier to do so.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I thought about 80% of the games they showed looked interesting. Still holding onto hopes for a new Socom, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal and some other older classics.

A new Socom remake :laugh::laugh:if it hasn't happened by now don't think its going to.

Still have my original Ps2 Socom box that came with the headphones which still work. The first 2 titles were awesome, after that it was a slow descent.

InTheZone

Reaction score
A new Socom remake :laugh::laugh:if it hasn't happened by now don't think its going to.

Still have my original Ps2 Socom box that came with the headphones which still work. The first 2 titles were awesome, after that it was a slow descent.

2 was the most memorable for me.

3 was fun, but too slow paced and laggy. Combined Assault brought better maps on top of 3. Confrontation was good then amazing after the dlc (but once again ruined by cheaters).

Socom 4 was pretty much ghost busters 2016, new star wars trilogy, captain marvel, the last of us 2, the new charlies angels, and any super man game combined into one package.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ps5 looked great, I just watched the rollout of the new games and was happy there were so many new IPs.

When they started with GTA 5 again I was oh skittles they got no games but was glad to be wrong. Horizon, Demon Souls remake counts deftly, God's Monster (think was called) all looked tight and about 4-5 others looked good too.

I wish ps had the xbox controllers but shrugs not that big o deal. Guess they're just waiting on Xbox to announce price to undercut again?

Side note: kinda sucked seeing NBA2k look so good (more sweat asap, kind of running joke in that game to show off their graphics) bc EA renewed their exclusive sim rights with the NFL. So 2k is gonna make a arcade type NFL game but can't be "sim" for another few years...I'm wondering about NCAA going fwd seeing they can pay the kids now. (evidently very cheap for the companies..they do it to get Emmitt, Deion, etc. on Madden Ultimate Team now)

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ps5 looked great, I just watched the rollout of the new games and was happy there were so many new IPs.

When they started with GTA 5 again I was oh skittles they got no games but was glad to be wrong. Horizon, Demon Souls remake counts deftly, God's Monster (think was called) all looked tight and about 4-5 others looked good too.

I wish ps had the xbox controllers but shrugs not that big o deal. Guess they're just waiting on Xbox to announce price to undercut again?

Side note: kinda sucked seeing NBA2k look so good (more sweat asap, kind of running joke in that game to show off their graphics) bc EA renewed their exclusive sim rights with the NFL. So 2k is gonna make a arcade type NFL game but can't be "sim" for another few years...I'm wondering about NCAA going fwd seeing they can pay the kids now. (evidently very cheap for the companies..they do it to get Emmitt, Deion, etc. on Madden Ultimate Team now)
Do we really need another GTA 5 port lol. Im not buying another GTA or TES game until 6 comes out for both

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

I'm with you on the controller. I've always preferred the Xbox one. Curious to see what happens with NCAA too.