The Video Game Thread

InTheZone

Reaction score
I was going to download that today, but then I heard bad things about, and then the reviews I've seen seem to love it. I'll wait until next week because I've got a large project I have to complete by this weekend and I will travel the first part of the week out of state.

Let us know how the game is (without spoilers).
fyi many "journalist" sites are either paid or agree to promote a specific agenda and will do anything to praise such. It is very odd for any game to get 100s across the board from dozens of sites. I won't spoil anything, but I will say TLOU2 is completely different than TLOU1 and if you look at user reviews you'll see mostly negative, but it'll be hard to read those reviews without coming across massive spoilers.

I suggest watching this review, there's no spoilers and they break down many things in a thought out manner rather than just saying "great graphics, 10/10!"

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
The last one I got was Madden 17 and only because it came with my Xbox. I just kind of miss the simplicity behind the Madden games. I just want to load up and play a simple season with my favorite team. The newer games just feel so convoluted and overwhelming with all the menus, game modes, cards you collect, and micro-transactions. I guess I'm just old school. Give me a simple menu. lol

Tell you what I do miss!! The NCAA football games. Those were always fun. I still have my 2008 copy (only because of the Boise State cover :D ) but none of them are backwards compatible.

NCAA_08_Football_grande.jpg
I hear you man. It's too animation driven as others have said on here and too many modes. I turned down a job with Tiburon years ago because they are a layoff factory. I can say that those people are under a lot of pressure to add new features every year. The NCAA games were cool even though I'm not a big college football guy.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fyi many "journalist" sites are either paid or agree to promote a specific agenda and will do anything to praise such. It is very odd for any game to get 100s across the board from dozens of sites. I won't spoil anything, but I will say TLOU2 is completely different than TLOU1 and if you look at user reviews you'll see mostly negative, but it'll be hard to read those reviews without coming across massive spoilers.

I suggest watching this review, there's no spoilers and they break down many things in a thought out manner rather than just saying "great graphics, 10/10!"

I've been reading the user scores and reviews since I replied earlier. This game is getting HAMMERED by users on how bad it is. It seems everything I've heard about this is true. I won't purchase until it drops way down in price. It was strange how all video game sites were given it great scores when they weren't allowed to see the second part of the game?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BTW, thanks I saw that review a couple of days ago.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I've been reading the user scores and reviews since I replied earlier. This game is getting HAMMERED by users on how bad it is. It seems everything I've heard about this is true. I won't purchase until it drops way down in price. It was strange how all video game sites were given it great scores when they weren't allowed to see the second part of the game?
they played through the whole game, they weren't allowed to discuss anything in the 2nd half of the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they played through the whole game, they weren't allowed to discuss anything in the 2nd half of the game.
Yeah, I knew that, but the more YouTube video reviews I'm seeing the more depressing this game seems to be. I will not purchase it, and it all comes down to the story and how ludicrous it is. I had such high hopes for this game because the original is one of my top 5 games of all time.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew that, but the more YouTube video reviews I'm seeing the more depressing this game seems to be. I will not purchase it, and it all comes down to the story and how ludicrous it is. I had such high hopes for this game because the original is one of my top 5 games of all time.
If you haven't already look into Uncharted. I finally got around to beating Uncharted 4 a couple of days ago. I've been holding off on playing U4 since it's probably the last in the series and I just didn't want it to end. Uncharted 1-4 are easily some of my favorite games, just like TLOU1. As soon as I found out what they were doing with TLOU2 it was instantly dead to me, like a non-canon sequel. Looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077, along with those ps5 games :)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you haven't already look into Uncharted. I finally got around to beating Uncharted 4 a couple of days ago. I've been holding off on playing U4 since it's probably the last in the series and I just didn't want it to end. Uncharted 1-4 are easily some of my favorite games, just like TLOU1. As soon as I found out what they were doing with TLOU2 it was instantly dead to me, like a non-canon sequel. Looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077, along with those ps5 games :)
Thanks, I will look into this. Is it best to start from 1 and go from there? Or can I jump in anywhere?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into this. Is it best to start from 1 and go from there? Or can I jump in anywhere?
definitely start with 1. The uncharted 1-3 collection was free on PS+ a couple of months ago, but I believe it's $20 normally now since it's a "playstation hits"

of the 4 main uncharted games I'd say 2 was the best, 3 and 4 are equally good and 1 is fun, but not as good. The story continues with each game and you're in for a lot of surprises, that's all I'm going to say. If you like indiana jones and tomb raider you'll like this even more.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Funny, I played Uncharted 4 before any of the others. Fantastic and beautiful game. I was excited to see the Uncharted collection on PSN and instantly downloaded it. Now I can eventually play through them all up to the 4th one.

If you like indiana jones and tomb raider you'll like this even more.

I couldn't believe how much Shadow of the Tomb Raider felt like Uncharted.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Quite a big variance from Critic Reviews to User Reviews.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-part-ii

Lutonio

Reaction score
The Last of Us multiplayer was THE gaming experience of the 2010’s decade for me. There was nothing like it, and I was so hyped for the sequel. They promised and talked about the new multiplayer for years as they developed the next game.

Then they announced that it was cut just a few months before the original February 2020 release date. I was gutted. Apparently the single player got too big and too important for them to develop it. Now you hear about crunch, infighting, and plot changes, and there are insiders saying that a better run company would have delivered the the game with multiplayer included over a year ago.

Naughty Dog can pound sand up its pretentious ***.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The Last of Us multiplayer was THE gaming experience of the 2010’s decade for me. There was nothing like it, and I was so hyped for the sequel. They promised and talked about the new multiplayer for years as they developed the next game.

Then they announced that it was cut just a few months before the original February 2020 release date. I was gutted. Apparently the single player got too big and too important for them to develop it. Now you hear about crunch, infighting, and plot changes, and there are insiders saying that a better run company would have delivered the the game with multiplayer included over a year ago.

a lot of the great leaders at Naughty Dog had left or been forced out over the last several years. ND at this point is just a diminished name.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Any good articles about what you guys are talking about at ND?
There's several out there if you're willing to look in the right spots. Do enough reading and understanding how the media industry has been working lately and I'm sure you can figure out the plague in the industry.
Here's some articles just highlighting different things:
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/10/07/amy-hennig-crunch-aaa-talks-uncharted/
https://www.theverge.com/2014/3/5/5472836/amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/10/alan-tudyk-i-left-uncharted-4-over-weird-changes-to-script/
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-ca-hc-theplayer-uncharted-20160508-story.html read the highlighted quote by Druckmann and the paragraph after, it's very telling this guy doesn't understand without the customers you don't keep a job for very long

I'm not posting these links since many of the vids and sites covering it aren't safe for this site/rules but if you want want more insight on Neil Druckmann just search his name with "feminism", "Anita Sarkeesian" (you can also search her political agenda and why she even involves herself with games - hint she's basically a parasite in the games industry), "fires sexist testers".

If you search for him in the last of us 2 you'll find probably too much to bear and a lot of spoilers, so if you're still interested in playing the last of us 2 I suggest avoiding searching his name altogether. If you haven't played the first I highly recommend it, easily one of the greatest games of all time, just be warned that 2 is very much different than the first in terms of story and character progression - think original star wars trilogy vs new star wars trilogy

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I know too much about this kind of situation. There is so much pressure to deliver games on time. I have multiple friends at ND and while I won't comment specifically, let's just say it was inevitable. I will comment that the marketing team needs to shut up sometimes. Doesn't help the gamers but it is what happens. There is a disconnect on what is reality and what is promised. I would never work for that company is all I will say at this point.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I know too much about this kind of situation. There is so much pressure to deliver games on time. I have multiple friends at ND and while I won't comment specifically, let's just say it was inevitable. I will comment that the marketing team needs to shut up sometimes. Doesn't help the gamers but it is what happens. There is a disconnect on what is reality and what is promised. I would never work for that company is all I will say at this point.

I’d be curious to hear some more if you’re able to share safely.