The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Madden NFL 2021 is coming to Steam August 28th, what say you? yay or nay?

ONLY if you haven't played a football vg in awhile. Their reveal was even more underwhelming than usual tbh. The game is so animation dependant that it takes a lot of the control away from players. Knowing me I'll buy it and regret it within a hour or two. Just want to play as my Cowboys with good graphics, etc. They are supposed to update the franchise mode which was the only real saving element I took from their reveal. Can't wait for 2k to get back into the mix...thanks for letting me rant there :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Wow, that is some next level stuff here. I haven't watched all the videos yet but that is some out of the box thinking. It reaches kids through an enjoyable medium instead of adderall or ritalin which is also good news.

Pulled from Juggernaut's links above
"EndeavorRx is built on the Akili Selective Stimulus Management engine (SSMETM) core technology, a proprietary technology designed for the targeted activation of specific neural systems in the brain to treat diseases with associated cognitive dysfunction. SSME presents specific sensory stimuli and simultaneous motor challenges designed to target and activate the neural systems that play a key role in attention function while using adaptive algorithms to personalize the treatment experience for each individual patient. This enables second by second monitoring of patient progress completing the treatment sessions, and continuously challenges each patient to an optimized level, encouraging patients to improve their performance"
This is the tech at work.

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
ONLY if you haven't played a football vg in awhile. Their reveal was even more underwhelming than usual tbh. The game is so animation dependant that it takes a lot of the control away from players. Knowing me I'll buy it and regret it within a hour or two. Just want to play as my Cowboys with good graphics, etc. They are supposed to update the franchise mode which was the only real saving element I took from their reveal. Can't wait for 2k to get back into the mix...thanks for letting me rant there :)

I haven't bought a Madden game since 2005 or so, not starting now. Plus not a big fan of EA whatsoever.
Is 2K really making a new football game?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I haven't bought a Madden game since 2005 or so, not starting now. Plus not a big fan of EA whatsoever.
Yeah supposed to be like NFL blitz type game for the time being. EA was able to renew a "sim license" with the NFL but not full exclusivity. There's another developer with something coming out with NFL players and looked like a 7 on 7 type game.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed To November
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...98/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f&ref=NEWSandRUMORS.com

Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red's upcoming RPG, has been delayed once again. Its new release date is set for November 19. In a message posted to Twitter, the developer explained that the game is not yet ready for launch, although it is complete in terms of content and gameplay. The additional development time will be used to balance mechanics and fix bugs.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...98/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f&ref=NEWSandRUMORS.com

Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red's upcoming RPG, has been delayed once again. Its new release date is set for November 19. In a message posted to Twitter, the developer explained that the game is not yet ready for launch, although it is complete in terms of content and gameplay. The additional development time will be used to balance mechanics and fix bugs.

No problem here, if there is one game developer I do trust it is CD Projekt.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Would I need to play any related games to this beforehand to enjoy CP more?

SlammedZero

Reaction score

The last one I got was Madden 17 and only because it came with my Xbox. I just kind of miss the simplicity behind the Madden games. I just want to load up and play a simple season with my favorite team. The newer games just feel so convoluted and overwhelming with all the menus, game modes, cards you collect, and micro-transactions. I guess I'm just old school. Give me a simple menu. lol

Tell you what I do miss!! The NCAA football games. Those were always fun. I still have my 2008 copy (only because of the Boise State cover :D ) but none of them are backwards compatible.

NCAA_08_Football_grande.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
In other news, I started playing Star Wars Battlefront II on the PS4 last night. So far it's not bad!! I barely got into it but I saw enough to keep me interested. Pretty awesome they gave that out for free on PSN.

So....... :laugh:............... I'm playing this last night and it is feeling really really familiar. I'm thinking, "maybe I rented this from Redbox before". Finally, after a few levels, it dawns on me. I've played and beat Battlefront II already awhile back. I, for some reason, was thinking that this was Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. haha Got them mixed up for some reason. :D

So, never-mind, not as cool as I thought being on PSN. lol

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Last of Us II is downloading now. Very Excite!
I was going to download that today, but then I heard bad things about, and then the reviews I've seen seem to love it. I'll wait until next week because I've got a large project I have to complete by this weekend and I will travel the first part of the week out of state.

Let us know how the game is (without spoilers).