The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Played a lot more Madden tonight. You know, it's actually pretty solid. I was having fun with it tonight. I did have one glitch though where my kick returner quickly floated across to the other side of the field. lol So, that was weird. Other than that it has felt pretty smooth. The characters look really good. They showed a good shot of Dak's face and I was impressed at the similarities for a video game rendering.

I did play the Rams in a game earlier. They were tough to run on. I did end up winning though 21-14. :D ( I was up 21-7 in the 4th and the game decided it was going to try and make a comeback lol Goff wouldn't miss)

JayFord

Reaction score
Played a lot more Madden tonight. You know, it's actually pretty solid. I was having fun with it tonight. I did have one glitch though where my kick returner quickly floated across to the other side of the field. lol So, that was weird. Other than that it has felt pretty smooth. The characters look really good. They showed a good shot of Dak's face and I was impressed at the similarities for a video game rendering.

I did play the Rams in a game earlier. They were tough to run on. I did end up winning though 21-14. :D ( I was up 21-7 in the 4th and the game decided it was going to try and make a comeback lol Goff wouldn't miss)

i like the yard.....but everything else is just ok....once i dont take it serious its a fun game and thats kind of an issue because i want that madden 05 feel

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these Johnny, I used to get Game Pro and a couple other mags myself monthly but also stopped when the quality took a nose dive. Cool nostalgia vibes going on over here :) You weren't lying on the depth, they used to have tons of stuff in there, then it became as light as a comic book by the end, etc. Best cheat codes for the month (those used to be great)
-2001 PC games, would it be Quake or World of Warcraft era?
Quake yes, WOW came out like 3 years later. And the game they had ranked as best of all time was Half-Life.
Decided to start up BioShock last night. They remastered them and gave away the entire BioShock collection on PSN a few months ago. I played it way back in the day, but, I never actually finished the game. So I plan to do that now, plus, I never played the other two. Gives me something new to do. Plus, it's such a fascinating and beautiful "world" to traverse.
I got the BioShock collection in ps4 idk when im going to finish it but i love the gameplay and the story........idk when im going back it got sandwiched between alot of games ive been waiting for
A few recent discussions featured a lot of my all-time favorite games. I enjoyed Half-Life so much when it first came out that I didn't think a game could top it. That was until I played BioShock for the first time and it took a seat right up there next to Half-Life. Lastly a ported mod from Quake became the game that I have played the most in all my years of gaming: Team Fortress Classic. All great games.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

I played a game last night and the recent update did sharpen up some graphics. I was playing at Cincy and the our blue unis were sharp as hell, and Dak, Amari, Jaylon's faces were more distinguished. Amari is a beast in this game. 2nd leading receiver in the league! Though Dak is on 7 quarters so his numbers not so good :laugh:

Oddly more pleased with this year's game than last even with the glitches, they added a little atmosphere to the pregame and halftime shows. It;s little, but it' something.

Still a glitch fest @ times. You ever run through the middle and have Zeke falling over like 3 players but hasn't yet touched the ground...everyone just stands and kind of waits for a 5 seconds or so. I had one yesterday where GAllup caught a slant, but they gave it to the CB who who was trailing him as an interception as he tackled him to the ground..like the WR/CB animation got switched on the way to ground.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I played a game last night and the recent update did sharpen up some graphics. I was playing at Cincy and the our blue unis were sharp as hell, and Dak, Amari, Jaylon's faces were more distinguished. Amari is a beast in this game. 2nd leading receiver in the league! Though Dak is on 7 quarters so his numbers not so good :laugh:

Oddly more pleased with this year's game than last even with the glitches, they added a little atmosphere to the pregame and halftime shows. It;s little, but it' something.

Still a glitch fest @ times. You ever run through the middle and have Zeke falling over like 3 players but hasn't yet touched the ground...everyone just stands and kind of waits for a 5 seconds or so. I had one yesterday where GAllup caught a slant, but they gave it to the CB who who was trailing him as an interception as he tackled him to the ground..like the WR/CB animation got switched on the way to ground.

So far the only real glitch I had was the kick returner. I'm sure I will encounter some more. Like you, even though it is more of the same, something about this one I am liking. I'm going to milk the heck out of the trial and then go from there. See if I want to buy the game or wait until it goes on sale (or maybe buy used but I kind of like me some digital gaming now lol).

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I can’t remember if I brought this up or not.

is anyone planning on buying the Mario 3D all
Stars that comes out on Friday? Has Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy all in one.

I can’t wait.

Yep. Got it for the kids (preordered). That’s what I’m telling them and everyone else.

Has nothing to do with the fact that I lived Super Mario 64 growing up.

I should take Friday off and play it all day while they are in school.... I have PTO I have to use up (we can only roll over half our balance).

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep. Got it for the kids (preordered). That’s what I’m telling them and everyone else.

Has nothing to do with the fact that I lived Super Mario 64 growing up.

I should take Friday off and play it all day while they are in school.... I have PTO I have to use up (we can only roll over half our balance).

I have used PTO days before to play newly released games all day. So I certainly won’t fault you if you use PTO days for this. I think it’s worthy.

I haven’t pre ordered it but do plan to buy immediately and Download from
The Nintendo store. I bought a micro SD card to increase the space on the switch. These games are worthy of taking up some memory space. Plus I imagine the file size is small relative to modern switch games.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm curious to see the price point. Xbox came out swinging pretty hard at $299/$499. I'm guessing Sony will have to be right around that to keep it competitive.

Either way, I'm guessing I will end up with one eventually. Xbox Series S first though. :D
If I had to guess, $400, maybe $450 for digital version and $500 for the disc version

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious to see the price point. Xbox came out swinging pretty hard at $299/$499. I'm guessing Sony will have to be right around that to keep it competitive.

Either way, I'm guessing I will end up with one eventually. Xbox Series S first though. :D
You know there are kids out there thinking, "Oh great ... now my parents will get me the S instead of the X since its cheaper" :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My prediction is that Sony will release two versions .. one priced at $499 to compete directly with the X and a $599 version that has the full configuration they originally planned.

That way, they can eliminate the price as a decision factor, especially for parents, while still offering a more powerful gaming system option than the top level Microsoft Xbox system.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You know there are kids out there thinking, "Oh great ... now my parents will get me the S instead of the X since its cheaper" :D

Oh definitely! lol Or get the 2 mixed up. Xbox has received a little criticism on their naming convention. For an enthusiast it's pretty clear, but, I could see how a casual person (or a parent) could get it all mixed up.
Also, it's funny, no sooner than I read your reply I realized I accidentally typed S in my original comment and not X. I definitely meant X. :laugh:
My prediction is that Sony will release two versions .. one priced at $499 to compete directly with the X and a $599 version that has the full configuration they originally planned.

That way, they can eliminate the price as a decision factor, especially for parents, while still offering a more powerful gaming system option than the top level Microsoft Xbox system.

Today we will find out!! They are a cool looking console, I'll give them that, even though everything else in my ET center is now black. haha