Juggernaut

Reaction score
dKbDfZF.jpg

ugfUJXu.png

:popcorn:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Nice reveal today for the PS5.

Speaking of PlayStation, for those that care, COD Black Ops Cold War is dropping a free to play beta this weekend. I will definitely be downloading and playing it. Perks of also having a PS4. :D

InTheZone

Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone was guessing. Im gonna check in with Best Buy today and see if they have pre orders available
I believe walmart will start them in store on the 22nd. I tried so hard to get one online, but all the sites were having issues. Luckily this morning I got an email from playstation for a guaranteed reserve.

People are already price gouging on ebay, so stupid.

JayFord

Reaction score
So alot of games are going to be 70 bucks

thats going to cut my physical collection down by alot......

$60 was alot but i could manage.....but $70 plus some games are incomplete and buggy needing patches and require constant DLC? Looks like there wont be many MUST buys for me

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I am afraid to ask how big the dl is?

:laugh:

We will find out today, but, I've heard 25gb. lol

Pretty much what everyone was guessing. Im gonna check in with Best Buy today and see if they have pre orders available

On that topic, I'm kicking myself a bit! So I went to Best Buy yesterday and threw it in my cart, staring at it for awhile. Ultimately I didn't pull the trigger, and, they are sold out already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this happen with the PS4 and people were selling them for like $300-$400 hundred over retail? Missed opportunity. lol

SlammedZero

Reaction score

$60 was alot but i could manage.....but $70 plus some games are incomplete and buggy needing patches and require constant DLC? Looks like there wont be many MUST buys for me

That's why it's nice to look into some gaming services like the Xbox/EA Game Pass or Gamefly. I can't remember the last game I actually went out and bought (actually I do, it was COD Modern Warfare 2019).

Though, admittedly, I'm debating getting Madden 21. I have the EA Pass, and it gave me a 10 hour trial, but I guess the full game won't be included on there for several more months.

InTheZone

Reaction score

Yup, anyone trying to justify a price increase can miss me with that nonsense.

Minimal manufacturing costs, better designed engines and system hardware that allow devs more shortcuts to completing their games and games that aren't on cyberpunk/witchers level can go kick a rock.

And these people still have microtransactions in their game? Eventually more will catch on. I'm not poor or rich by any means and sadly too many people think not supporting these tactics means you must be poor.

I can wait a month or two for games to go on "discount", plenty of backlog to work on. I'm sure a really special game will take my $70, but I wont miss a beat waiting out for a sale.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yup, anyone trying to justify a price increase can miss me with that nonsense.

Minimal manufacturing costs, better designed engines and system hardware that allow devs more shortcuts to completing their games and games that aren't on cyberpunk/witchers level can go kick a rock.

And these people still have microtransactions in their game? Eventually more will catch on. I'm not poor or rich by any means and sadly too many people think not supporting these tactics means you must be poor.

I can wait a month or two for games to go on "discount", plenty of backlog to work on. I'm sure a really special game will take my $70, but I wont miss a beat waiting out for a sale.

the only way i build a library full of 70 dollar games is if the game has no DLC....no microtransactions and i get the Full experience

I mean i know they say “ohh production cost and other things” but $60 was bad to me but $70? Thats pushing it

i was going to get nba 2k21 on ps5 but $70 plus i gotta buy VC? Oh noooooo

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
the only way i build a library full of 70 dollar games is if the game has no DLC....no microtransactions and i get the Full experience

I mean i know they say “ohh production cost and other things” but $60 was bad to me but $70? Thats pushing it

i was going to get nba 2k21 on ps5 but $70 plus i gotta buy VC? Oh noooooo

I haven't been keeping up with the new consoles. So the new 70$ price point is that for physical copies, or digital or both? If its for digital i am fixing to go on a 5 minute old man rant about developers charging the same price for a silly serial key.

JayFord

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with the new consoles. So the new 70$ price point is that for physical copies, or digital or both? If its for digital i am fixing to go on a 5 minute old man rant about developers charging the same price for a silly serial key.
Physical and digital but its on a title by title basis

nba 2k21 and call of duty are all slated to be 70 bucks

the miles morales game is 50 bucks though

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Switching from PS4 to Xbox. Xbox game stream looks amazing.
That service is hard to beat for 15/mo. If they keep adding newer titles relatively close to release dates they could pull the rug from Sony in the games department. Maybe not 1st party stuff quite yet, but this gives you plenty to play on the new Xbox for a great deal.

Demon Souls remake is the primary reason I'm going PS initially but like what Microsoft is doing compared to last gen.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The system requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 have been released. They aren't as high end as some expected.
Cyberpunk 2077 Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470

• DirectX: Version 12

• Storage: 70 GB HDD (SSD recommended)

Cyberpunk 2077 Recommended System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

• Memory: 12 GB RAM

• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury

• DirectX: Version 12

• Storage: 70 GB SSD

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So I've been loving Madden 21. lol I'm currently hooked on playing The Yard mode. That's been super fun.

Where can I go to just play a franchise season? I've been to the franchise tile but then it loads me into an area showing McCarthy sitting there and has a ton of crazy options (like if I want to play as offense or defense). I don't really want to play as a coach or FO. I just want to play a season as my team. Like in exhibition mode but for a whole season.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So I've been loving Madden 21. lol I'm currently hooked on playing The Yard mode. That's been super fun.

Where can I go to just play a franchise season? I've been to the franchise tile but then it loads me into an area showing McCarthy sitting there and has a ton of crazy options (like if I want to play as offense or defense). I don't really want to play as a coach or FO. I just want to play a season as my team. Like in exhibition mode but for a whole season.
Hey brotha, you're looking for classic franchise and then play full 60 minutes when going into a matchup to play a standard game. Don't let that preseason, training, re-sign players etc. throw you, you can have that stuff automated too. I usually put Lamb in the training development along with Diggs and Pollard.

I lost to SEA in the NFC Championship game and am currently awaiting to do the off season stuff; free agency, draft, etc.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, I've had about 24 hours with the Cold War alpha and, well, I'm looking forward to the full game. It's funny, at first I wasn't sure about it. That then turned into disappointment. I kept playing though, and here we are now, with me loving it. I think it just took some time learning the maps, the flow of the maps, and finding a good class. It feels pretty balanced to me and I like the new scorestreak system (they don't reset on death but you have to gain a lot of points for them). I feel like it encourages players to play the objective.

So yeah, not too many complaints. Will be interesting to see what they learn/change from the alpha.