The Video Game Thread

InTheZone

Reaction score
WOW at Microsoft buying Bethesda. That is massive! Day before Series X/S goes on preorder as well. Big blow to Sony.
The good thing is that MS has abandoned exclusives for the most part and still release games on Nintendo and playstation.

The bad thing is that MS typically abandons publishers and franchises prematurely and in some instances just puts out the bare minimum after extensive delays.

I haven't cared for Bethesda lately, but was hoping we'lI see a decent elder scrolls on ps5, with zero implementations or strategies from fallout 76.

Instead of making quality games, they're just buying up the market.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The good thing is that MS has abandoned exclusives for the most part and still release games on Nintendo and playstation.

The bad thing is that MS typically abandons publishers and franchises prematurely and in some instances just puts out the bare minimum after extensive delays.

I haven't cared for Bethesda lately, but was hoping we'lI see a decent elder scrolls on ps5, with zero implementations or strategies from fallout 76.

Instead of making quality games, they're just buying up the market.

Yeah, 7.5 billion is quite the coin just for hitching Bethesda just to MS game pass. We shall see. I just think it was a pretty bold move by them. The PS5 will still destroy the Series so it doesn't really matter. Glad im getting both.

Speaking of which I'm following some other sites and Twitter stuff and some PS5's might go up as early as today on various sites so keep a look out. Still desperately searching for one still...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Microsoft out here making moves. I think that was quite the significant purchase by Microsoft. Plus, with them recently merging the EA Access with their Xbox Game Pass, they're creating quite the ecosystem. Of course they had to do this the day before preorders. lol I'll be anxiously waiting tomorrow on my PC at 9am ready to click for mine.

Phil Spencer really has helped turn around the Xbox franchise.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Microsoft out here making moves. I think that was quite the significant purchase by Microsoft. Plus, with them recently merging the EA Access with their Xbox Game Pass, they're creating quite the ecosystem. Of course they had to do this the day before preorders. lol I'll be anxiously waiting tomorrow on my PC atI a 9am ready to click for mine.

Phil Spencer really has helped turn around the Xbox franchise.
I agree man, I'm looking into the digital version for $300 and getting the game pass. Still will be getting a PS5 but that seems like what may be available early and pretty reasonable costs too.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Decided to start up BioShock last night. They remastered them and gave away the entire BioShock collection on PSN a few months ago. I played it way back in the day, but, I never actually finished the game. So I plan to do that now, plus, I never played the other two. Gives me something new to do. Plus, it's such a fascinating and beautiful "world" to traverse.
I got the remastered game as well. I actually played the original 2 games repeatedly. This time I only played each version once. I am playing one of the add on games now, but only for a few minutes at a time. I'm one of the few who didn't really like the third version. The first two versions were just amazing games to me.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I got the remastered game as well. I actually played the original 2 games repeatedly. This time I only played each version once. I am playing one of the add on games now, but only for a few minutes at a time. I'm one of the few who didn't really like the third version. The first two versions were just amazing games to me.

I beat 1 the other night. I'm currently playing 2. So far so good. Interesting spin that you now play as a Big Daddy. I've also heard that the 3rd one (Infinite) was meh, but, I mentioned that in this gaming group I'm in and almost got crucified for it. haha There were a few that agreed but the majority said it was a great game. So, I guess I will have to see.

JayFord

Reaction score
So im getting into the dark souls type games

actually ive started souls 1 but I have no desire to finish it.....after horizon zero dawn im going to start bloodborne

I may start Chrono Cross too, not sure yet

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I bought a Playstation..

I've always been an xbox guy but I felt like Xbox was a sinking ship and everyone would be switching to Playstation because of all of the exclusives.

My main games are Fifa, Call of duty, & Rocket League.. I usually don't play much single player because I have a group of friends I play games with.

After Xbox's purchase yesterday i'm worried I made the wrong decision.

Gamepass is going to take over.

Playstation can not just sit back and make us pay 70 bucks for their exclusives while Xbox basically gives away any new game that they will have licenses to for 15 dollars or less a month.

Not only that.. The Xbox console is just better than Playstation. The whole point of buying this PS5 was games and those games drawing more users over.

Right now i'm not to thrilled with my PS5 decision.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I bought a Playstation..

I've always been an xbox guy but I felt like Xbox was a sinking ship and everyone would be switching to Playstation because of all of the exclusives.

My main games are Fifa, Call of duty, & Rocket League.. I usually don't play much single player because I have a group of friends I play games with.

After Xbox's purchase yesterday i'm worried I made the wrong decision.

Gamepass is going to take over.

Playstation can not just sit back and make us pay 70 bucks for their exclusives while Xbox basically gives away any new game that they will have licenses to for 15 dollars or less a month.

Not only that.. The Xbox console is just better than Playstation. The whole point of buying this PS5 was games and those games drawing more users over.

Right now i'm not to thrilled with my PS5 decision.
Can you back out?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can you back out?

I could..

But I got a group of friends getting a PS5 and another group that is undecided.

I may have to buy both I don't know. Xbox is just incredible value and it's a better console lol.

My worry is there won't be as many people on xbox and it will just be a lot of PC users buying gamepass.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree man, I'm looking into the digital version for $300 and getting the game pass. Still will be getting a PS5 but that seems like what may be available early and pretty reasonable costs too.
I think a PS5 will a down the line purchase for me. This purchase is gonna have switch to Xbox. But In would like to play the zero dawn at some point

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could..

But I got a group of friends getting a PS5 and another group that is undecided.

I may have to buy both I don't know. Xbox is just incredible value and it's a better console lol.

My worry is there won't be as many people on xbox and it will just be a lot of PC users buying gamepass.
Long term I will get both as well. Im a Bethesda head, and while the purchase doesnt necessarily mean "exclusive", in betting it is. Might get a PS5 when the price comes down, unless the exclusives I want get trashed critically

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Well, I have 30 minutes until Xbox pre-order starts in my time zone. Hopefully I can snag one. I'm not sure if it is being overhyped or not but it sounds like it could be a rat race. We will see.

I'm sitting here with all my shopping apps open and accounts updated. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss out. Just don't feel good about it lol. Best of luck buddy! I heard there are even less units for the series than Ps5...ouch. 15 minutes!!!