The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok! I beat Bioshock Infinite yesterday!! Those of you that were in here propping it up were absolutely correct. That was a fantastic game. While I probably prefer the mysterious and creepy setting of Rapture, Columbia was still a pretty interesting place. The sky-rail system was pretty cool. I really enjoyed the mechanics of the game. Felt very smooth and I was happy that you could finally run with your character (the lack of that always drove me nuts in the first 2 Bioshock games).

The story was pretty good. Got a little confusing at times, but, I'm pretty sure I pieced it all together. I did notice they have a Burial at Sea downloadable expansion. So, I think I'm going to play that next. Anyway, great game and just overall fantastic series. If done right I think it would make for an excellent movie/TV show series.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ok! I beat Bioshock Infinite yesterday!! Those of you that were in here propping it up were absolutely correct. That was a fantastic game. While I probably prefer the mysterious and creepy setting of Rapture, Columbia was still a pretty interesting place. The sky-rail system was pretty cool. I really enjoyed the mechanics of the game. Felt very smooth and I was happy that you could finally run with your character (the lack of that always drove me nuts in the first 2 Bioshock games).

The story was pretty good. Got a little confusing at times, but, I'm pretty sure I pieced it all together. I did notice they have a Burial at Sea downloadable expansion. So, I think I'm going to play that next. Anyway, great game and just overall fantastic series. If done right I think it would make for an excellent movie/TV show series.
That's great you got through the series and found Infinite more enjoyable as you went on. That was my favorite of the group, something about having a world in the clouds mixed in with that Atlantis theme.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm going to try to replay the game to see if I like it better after these years. It's possible I just had such high expectations of the game because of the reviews and how much I loved the first two games and it left me underwhelmed(?) . I'm glad you like it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm going to try to replay the game to see if I like it better after these years. It's possible I just had such high expectations of the game because of the reviews and how much I loved the first two games and it left me underwhelmed(?) . I'm glad you like it.

It's crazy how different it is compared to 1 & 2. I heard really mixed reviews about Infinite on my way through the series so i wasn't sure what to expect. I did genuinely enjoy it though. I would definitely give it another chance.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So I played (and beat) The Bioshock expansion Burial At Sea Part 1. It was good. I really enjoyed it, though, it was rather short. I went to play Part 2, and, I think I'm going give that one a pass. It's stealth based action and I've just never been huge on those kind of games. I'd rather come out blasting! Kick A first and take names later. :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nvidia Pushes Back the Launch of the RTX 3070 to Avoid Furious Customers

t9foygvvgnraryaojiz4.jpg

It s been a rough couple of weeks for anyone trying to order a shiny new graphics card or game console, and in order to prevent its next launch from going awry Nvidia is delaying the release of its RTX 3070 GPU.

Read Full Story

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Nvidia Pushes Back the Launch of the RTX 3070 to Avoid Furious Customers

t9foygvvgnraryaojiz4.jpg

It s been a rough couple of weeks for anyone trying to order a shiny new graphics card or game console, and in order to prevent its next launch from going awry Nvidia is delaying the release of its RTX 3070 GPU.

Read Full Story

All the scalpers bought up the initial batch and will turn around and sell them for even more, and people will pay too. Trash. That's why i always wait a good year or 2.

maxdogg

Reaction score

I am in the middle of it right now and I love it !!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I wish someone told me how fun bloodborne is

im having a blast playing it
Oh yeah man, Bloodborne is my jam and my biscuits! One of the few games that made me rage but was the most rewarding bc of it. My fave of Ps4.

The Dark Souls game you generally parry and attack frmom behind. Bloodborne you attacked head on but had to be real good with the sticks to dodge/time your defensive stuff.

You're making me want to run it back....almost (game is too hard for 2nd runs personally) Not near the quality of bloodborne, but Surge 2 is a good game similar.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So I totally forgot that I own Far Cry 5. Bought it back when it dropped, started to play it, and then it got pushed to the backburner and buried in my game library. Came across it tonight and was like, "Oh yeah!" So I threw that on and started playing again. Took me awhile to remember how to play the game. lol It's pretty solid. Some of the gaming mechanics feel a little clunky but you get use to it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Any single player CRPG fans here? Baldurs Gate fans?
Baldurs Gate 3 is being made by Larian studios whos track record so far has been exemplary.

EA release is in a couple days on Steam. The game is in 3 acts and only the 1st act will be available this Tuesday for 59.99 which btw gets you the full game on release.
The recommended system requirements have been released and nothing sticks out to me except the storage space. Wowza!

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Default API is Vulkan 1.1. Directx11 API also provided. The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Any single player CRPG fans here? Baldurs Gate fans?
Baldurs Gate 3 is being made by Larian studios whos track record so far has been exemplary.

EA release is in a couple days on Steam. The game is in 3 acts and only the 1st act will be available this Tuesday for 59.99 which btw gets you the full game on release.
The recommended system requirements have been released and nothing sticks out to me except the storage space. Wowza!

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Default API is Vulkan 1.1. Directx11 API also provided. The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.
I've heard of this game in passing and remember the older ones on PS2 but never got to them.

Is the combat real time or turn based? The game does look interesting tbh

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So I totally forgot that I own Far Cry 5. Bought it back when it dropped, started to play it, and then it got pushed to the backburner and buried in my game library. Came across it tonight and was like, "Oh yeah!" So I threw that on and started playing again. Took me awhile to remember how to play the game. lol It's pretty solid. Some of the gaming mechanics feel a little clunky but you get use to it.
Far Cry 5 is tight..give it a little time. I sunk countless hours into that game/second fave after part 3.