The Video Game Thread

maxdogg

Reaction score
Any single player CRPG fans here? Baldurs Gate fans?
Baldurs Gate 3 is being made by Larian studios whos track record so far has been exemplary.

EA release is in a couple days on Steam. The game is in 3 acts and only the 1st act will be available this Tuesday for 59.99 which btw gets you the full game on release.
The recommended system requirements have been released and nothing sticks out to me except the storage space. Wowza!

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Default API is Vulkan 1.1. Directx11 API also provided. The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.
I love those type of games. I got baldurs gate remastered awhile back and it very good. I like pillars of eternity also very good and I have Divinity 2. I saw where a lot of people online were worried that BG 3 will be just an extension of Divinity. I hope not but we shall see.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I love those type of games. I got baldurs gate remastered awhile back and it very good. I like pillars of eternity also very good and I have Divinity 2. I saw where a lot of people online were worried that BG 3 will be just an extension of Divinity. I hope not but we shall see.

I have Pillars 1 and 2 and have to say i prefer 1 over the piratey theme of the second one. I have tried Divinity 2 and just couldn't get into it so i refunded it. I am with you on that, i hope BG3 isn't anything like either of the Original Sin games. If you do like a good single player RPG check out Divine Divinity on Steam. It was Larian Studios first game and still my favorite by far. During the Steam sale you can usually find it for a dollar or 2.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Cyberpunk has gone Gold which more than likely means it will for surely release on November 19th. Now the big question is do i get this for PC or PS4.
Here is the map.
Cyberpunk-2077-Map-Leak.jpg

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Cyberpunk has gone Gold which more than likely means it will for surely release on November 19th. Now the big question is do i get this for PC or PS4.
Here is the map.
Cyberpunk-2077-Map-Leak.jpg
I've been sleeping on this a little bit. I watched a promo vid "10 things to know about Cyberpunk" and didn't realize how much has gone into it. The three different story arcs and how they loop back into the main story with Reeves. The gameplay looked great too; gun play looked "new" and kind of next gen comparatively. Now I get it :) Day 1 "digital purchase".

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I've been sleeping on this a little bit. I watched a promo vid "10 things to know about Cyberpunk" and didn't realize how much has gone into it. The three different story arcs and how they loop back into the main story with Reeves. The gameplay looked great too; gun play looked "new" and kind of next gen comparatively. Now I get it :) Day 1 "digital purchase".

You going digital instead of a boxed copy?
The developer CD Projekt has been very good about putting goodies in all of their physical copies of games. First pic is my stuff from Witcher 2 and medallion from W3, 2nd pic is the collectors edition of Cyberpunk 2077.
x.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-will-get-a-us-physical-release-1200x675.jpg

InTheZone

Reaction score
I wish someone told me how fun bloodborne is

im having a blast playing it
I wasn't that much into the souls games, but I bought bloodborne on launch day back in 2015. Played it for just a couple of hours and had no idea what to do, was getting stomped by every street mob, little bosses, and one very large main boss on the bridge in the opening parts of the game. I continued to struggle with the game and gave up. A couple of years later I decided to play it again and ended up doing a 100% playthrough. I don't remember all the fights, but it was an amazing game. Definitely got frustrated on certain bosses especially the final one (btw which has multiple endings)

Because of this game I ended up buying sekiro (I suck at this), nioh, dark souls 1-3 and will be buying Demon Souls on PS5. This game also got me interested in Code Vein, but the demo to that let me down, environment was too repetitive for me and combat didn't feel fine tuned.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You going digital instead of a boxed copy?
The developer CD Projekt has been very good about putting goodies in all of their physical copies of games. First pic is my stuff from Witcher 2 and medallion from W3, 2nd pic is the collectors edition of Cyberpunk 2077.
x.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-will-get-a-us-physical-release-1200x675.jpg
This round I was going to due to just clutter from older cases being all over. I meant to pin Reality there, just cus of old phys vs. digital discussions, etc. That stuff looks pretty sweet though I must say!

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I haven't had a game system in years but I'm having the urge to get one badly. I've always gone PlayStation because I loved playing MLB the Show but it looks like it will now be on Xbox too. Not sure if I want to get the PS5 when it comes out or just get a PS4 when the price cuts start happening.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I bought my first gaming monitor.

I plan on buying a 4k TV next year when there are more options out so I wanted a budget monitor for under 250.

I went with a AOC 24 G2... Did I do good or could I have done better?

It's for console gaming.
Those seem to be the best on the market. I'm looking at these too but it seems once you get to a certain size you might as well get the TV. Leaves me in the middle :confused: