The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, looking around my library for what is next and remembered I never finished Borderlands 3. I, and this happens very rarely for me, got stuck on a boss fight and I quit. :D :laugh: So, may be time to load that game back up and give her the "ole' college try" again.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wasn't as hyped for this as the first 3 seeing how the creator mode is gone and wasn't entirely sure what they game was going to be, but after this latest trailer I'm buying day 1. Hopefully they have a way to see the previous costume downloads so we can import to this game.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
This looks solid. The graphics look amazing.
One of the comments: Far Cry 6: Los Pollos Hermanos :lmao2: (fans of the show Breaking Bad will understand)

one of my personalized plates is Capn Cook lol

As some here know My gaming tags are HouseHeisenberg and ImThe1WhoKnockz. To say I'm a BrBa fanatic is quite the understatement lol. You gotta be when born and raised in Albuquerque. But yeah...the Far Cry 6 Graphics should be phenomenal. Giancarlo Esposito is EVERYWHERE and well deserved.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Well, looking around my library for what is next and remembered I never finished Borderlands 3. I, and this happens very rarely for me, got stuck on a boss fight and I quit. :D :laugh: So, may be time to load that game back up and give her the "ole' college try" again.
There's something about the way the guns shoot in that game that really bugs me. It feels like every gun has kick back like a mule and even when I'm shooting on point, it's from moving my character around so that my sites line up, instead of aiming down the barrel like you would normally. I dunno, I try it and quit about an hour into every Borderlands I've tried.

Also, can there be "too much" loot? They took the loot game to steroid levels and every game has followed suit. At first it's cool to scavenge, but then it becomes just grab everything all the time sort it out later kind of thing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
There's something about the way the guns shoot in that game that really bugs me. It feels like every gun has kick back like a mule and even when I'm shooting on point, it's from moving my character around so that my sites line up, instead of aiming down the barrel like you would normally. I dunno, I try it and quit about an hour into every Borderlands I've tried.

Also, can there be "too much" loot? They took the loot game to steroid levels and every game has followed suit.
There's 4 or 5 weapon brands and each has specific traits/characteristics. Many feel better/less recoil as you get later in the game. Plus some character unlocks help with accuracy

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There's 4 or 5 weapon brands and each has specific traits/characteristics. Many feel better/less recoil as you get later in the game. Plus some character unlocks help with accuracy
SMH...Recoil!! Was bugging me that I couldn't think of that word and ended up just describing it lol. I did get the sense it's to build up skill levels so I can't be Terminator out of the gate, but it becomes frustrating to me. I remember it was Borderlands 2 I believe with the smaller tank type of guy with all the guns...I had a decent few hours with him but just lost the steam needed to keep grinding. I like the concept/story/art style though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Also, can there be "too much" loot? They took the loot game to steroid levels and every game has followed suit. At first it's cool to scavenge, but then it becomes just grab everything all the time sort it out later kind of thing.

I can't say I've noticed the weapons too much. I play the heck out of FPS games though, so, it probably all blends together for me. I will say I totally agree on the looting. This game definitely has a lot of loot. At first I was in super scavenge mode trying to hit every little box and locker in the area. Now that I'm pretty far into the game though I have noticed I'm much more 'meh' and rush through a particular area or battle. lol

I did play some boss last night and I kept running out of ammo. The boss would drop just enough at a time to annoy you. So, yeah, loot up the ying-yang until you finally need it. :laugh:

The cartoonish graphics are cool though. I have to hand it to them for that. Definitely gives it a unique feel.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This looks solid. The graphics look amazing.
One of the comments: Far Cry 6: Los Pollos Hermanos :lmao2: (fans of the show Breaking Bad will understand)

I really wish I had the time to play these kinds of games again. I'm probably 20% into the game, and each time I play it I have to start from scratch because I cannot remember where I am in the game. I bought this game pretty much when it came out as I am a big fan of the Far Cry series.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
You're not alone, it looks like the game developers never finished Borderlands 3 either:

:popcorn:

Last edited: