The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
You'll be fine you have 4 cores and 8 threads. RTX 2060 Super or 2070 Super would fit your system well.

That is a possibility, i may wait until the prices go down. I am gaming at 4K and really run everything fine{so far} and don't care about post processing effects, bloom, depth of field so those usually get dialed down. I didn't think there was a significant difference in the 1070 and 2070 but apparently so.

HotDog37

Reaction score
For 4k an RTX 2070 (or RTX 2070 Super- RTX2080) would help you a lot and the CPU bottleneck is mostly moved to GPU so your older I7 4790 would be fine until you hit games that benefit heavily from extra threads like AC series. I game at 2k so I need both a strong CPU and GPU.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
For 4k an RTX 2070 (or RTX 2070 Super- RTX2080) would help you a lot and the CPU bottleneck is mostly moved to GPU so your older I7 4790 would be fine until you hit games that benefit heavily from extra threads like AC series. I game at 2k so I need both a strong CPU and GPU.

On quick glance the cheapest 2070s i found were around 500$ on Newegg, And those aren't the models i prefer, looks like i may wait as opposed to dishing out 700 or 800 just on a GPU. Hopefully they go down in price sometime next year.

HotDog37

Reaction score
They are $500.00 because RTX 3000 series are coming out. Happens every time a new generation of cards come out previous is overpriced. Wait about a month or two and a few models will be down to $400.00. When GTX 1660-ti-Super and RX 2000 series came out there were a few models a few months later of GTX 1060 6GB models that were super cheap - MSI and Zotac.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
They are $500.00 because RTX 3000 series are coming out. Happens every time a new generation of cards come out previous is overpriced. Wait about a month or two and a few models will be down to $400.00. When GTX 1660-ti-Super and RX 2000 series came out there were a few models a few months later of GTX 1060 6GB models that were super cheap - MSI and Zotac.

Those are the lower rated ones that are around the 500$ mark, the last 2 cards i have had have been MSI Gaming cards, i have had very look luck with them, they perform well and are very durable but they are a few hundred dollars more.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Those are the lower rated ones that are around the 500$ mark, the last 2 cards i have had have been MSI Gaming cards, i have had very look luck with them, they perform well and are very durable but they are a few hundred dollars more.

They have better fans typically slightly larger so even the two fan models cool as well as other brands 3 fan models.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
They have better fans typically slightly larger so even the two fan models cool as well as other brands 3 fan models.

The thing is a beast, i got it right after i got the Haswell and it has served me well. I kind of wish i would have gotten a 2K monitor instead with a higher refresh rate rather than the 4K which is 32 inches and an LG but it is only 60hz.
thumbnail.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
This was just released recently.......System requirements for Cyberpunk.

Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

Minimum requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX® 12 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310. Finding a CPUs performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's CPU with our minimum is suggested.
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's video card with our minimum is suggested.
RAM: 8 GB
Disk space: 70 GB HDD (SSD recommended)

Recommended requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX 12 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
RAM: 12 GB
Disk space: 70 GB SSD

Being that my PC is just about on par with the recommended specs with a slightly better video card, 1070 vs 1060 please note that high settings were used with the recommended requirements for playing at 1080. Bumping it up to 2K or 4K would surely put additional strain on you system. With a few adjustments hopefully have no problems running this @ 4K with some of the bells and whistles disabled.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This was just released recently.......System requirements for Cyberpunk.

Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

Minimum requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX® 12 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310. Finding a CPUs performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's CPU with our minimum is suggested.
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's video card with our minimum is suggested.
RAM: 8 GB
Disk space: 70 GB HDD (SSD recommended)

Recommended requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX 12 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
RAM: 12 GB
Disk space: 70 GB SSD

Being that my PC is just about on par with the recommended specs with a slightly better video card, 1070 vs 1060 please note that high settings were used with the recommended requirements for playing at 1080. Bumping it up to 2K or 4K would surely put additional strain on you system. With a few adjustments hopefully have no problems running this @ 4K with some of the bells and whistles disabled.
Damn Johnny, feels like this game will light your cpu on fire jkn. Honestly though, really wish I had a next gen console to play it on. I'm waiting on emails for availability now.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Damn Johnny, feels like this game will light your cpu on fire jkn. Honestly though, really wish I had a next gen console to play it on. I'm waiting on emails for availability now.

Those requirements aren't really that high end, at least not as high as some were expecting.
I just came across this article. Give it a good read.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...5-and-xbox-series-x-dev-reminds/1100-6482397/

I am almost temped to get a copy for PS4 and plop my fat rear on the couch and play on a 65inch 4K TV. And the Witcher 3 is getting a free graphical update to boot, i gotta say CD Project is very high on my list of favorite developers.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Those requirements aren't really that high end, at least not as high as some were expecting.
I just came across this article. Give it a good read.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...5-and-xbox-series-x-dev-reminds/1100-6482397/

I am almost temped to get a copy for PS4 and plop my fat rear on the couch and play on a 65inch 4K TV. And the Witcher 3 is getting a free graphical update to boot, i gotta say CD Project is very high on my list of favorite developers.
Oh you know that PC stuff just makes my brain start steam whistling :D

That is cool of them to go that route for the free upgrade so you can play it when we who are waiting get our new consoles. I did hear about Witcher also getting kind of remake on PS5/X which is crazy. That game of the year edition with PS5 graphics could've easily fetched them 40-50 if they re-released like Sony did with Spiderman (kind of cruddy on their part).

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Oh you know that PC stuff just make my brain start steam whistling :D

That is cool of them to go that route for the free upgrade so you can play it when we who are waiting get our new consoles. I did hear about Witcher also getting kind of remake on PS5/X which is crazy. That game of the year edition with PS5 graphics could've easily fetched them 40-50 if they re-released like Sony did with Spiderman (kind of cruddy on their part).

I am telling ya, CD Project is awesome. Ever since i got the Witcher 2 i have been impressed with CD Project and the thing is they keep getting better and better. I expect CP2077 to be bigger than the Witcher 3.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
New trailer for Cyberpunk came out, i betcha dollars to doughnuts it gets the game of the year award.

Man, I'm getting hyped and I hope the game lives up to it!! My buddy and I game-share on Xbox so we usually take turns buying games. I grabbed COD Black Ops:Cold War so he is going to grab Cyperpunk. It's a good gaming relationship. :laugh: