The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Any Warzone players on here? They did a Halloween update and it's pretty cool!! They added new Michael Meyers/Jigsaw skins, a Battle Royale zombie mode, and added a scavenger hunt around the map. My little bro and I played last night and snagged 8/16 of the scavenger loot. A few of those I think are going to be tough to snag. Anyway, cool update and they did a good job of getting me interested into the game again.

It was actually kind of creepy one game I turn the corner and Jigsaw was standing there in a room. :laugh:

960x0.jpg

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Crazy to see some titles still up there on the list i.e. Candy Crush/Fortnite. I thought maybe the honeymoon was over for Candy Crush especially, but, obviously still raking in the microtransactions.
Yeah, some of those titles have been printing money for many years. People wonder why Madden doesn't change much year to year and that #7 ranking is why. No incentive to do so.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Paradox games is the developer/publisher of Crusader Kings 3{which is the 3rd game in the CK series} as well as the Hearts of Iron series{WW2}, Europa Universalis series{Pike and Musket era}. To say that their games are deep is an understatement. While Crusader Kings 3 is still deep they have made it more accessible to the casual gamer hence the games high ranking. I can vouch for that personally. Very good game.

Last edited:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Paradox games is the developer/publisher of Crusader Kings 3{which is the 3rd game in the CK series} as well as the Hearts of Iron series{WW2}, Europa Universalis series{Pike and Musket era}. To say that their games are deep is an understatement. While Crusader Kings 3 is still deep they have made it more accessible to the casual game hence the games high ranking. I can vouch for that personally. Very good game.
Very cool to hear. Am I the only one thinking it's too much sensory overload? I appreciate all the games and movies but it is becoming too much for my old brain. I'm gonna go yell at some kids right now. Keep in mind that I literally work in this industry so it makes no sense for me to say this.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Very cool to hear. Am I the only one thinking it's too much sensory overload? I appreciate all the games and movies but it is becoming too much for my old brain. I'm gonna go yell at some kids right now. Keep in mind that I literally work in this industry so it makes no sense for me to say this.

Nope, join the crowd. And i yell at kids everyday.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
They really do need to get off the lawn. I worked hard on that!

And just look at some of the games on there, i have thought for several years that PC gaming in particular has been dumbed down for the masses. League of Legends is a dumbed down RTS game which cant compete at least in my eyes with the classics, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer etc. Dungeon Fighter Online, really?:laugh:
Fortnite, jeesh dont get me started. Even the Call of Duty series has been dumbed down compared to Call of Duty 1 and 2. And i still dont know what World of Warcraft West is? Maybe a server perhaps? Anyways will try and post of screens of Crusader Kings 3 here in the next few days. The game has a 90-92% rating on Steam which is outstanding.

Last edited:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
And just look at some of the games on there, i have thought for several years that PC gaming in particular has been dumbed down for the masses. League of Legends is a dumbed down RTS game which cant compete at least in my eye with the classics, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer etc. Dungeon Fighter Online, really?:laugh:
Fortnite, jeesh dont get me started. Even the Call of Duty series has been dumbed down compared to Call of Duty 1 and 2. And i still dont know what World of Warcraft West is? Maybe a server perhaps? Anyways will try and post of screens of Crusader Kings 3 here in the next few days.
All I can say is I know less than I used to. It is a scumbag industry but not unlike many others. I do still enjoy a good game but I feel bad for the people who were exploited to make it. Please do post those screenshots. I will support those people struggling.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
All I can say is I know less than I used to. It is a scumbag industry but not unlike many others. I do still enjoy a good game but I feel bad for the people who were exploited to make it. Please do post those screenshots. I will support those people struggling.

Might be several days, probably be shut in the house for a day or so due to cruddy weather starting on Monday. Paradox is located in Sweden and i am certain they aren't struggling in the traditional sense. 4 of their last 5 games on Steam have been very popular and huge sellers{ Europa Universalis 4, Hearts of Iron 4, Stellaris, Crusader Kings 3} the other Imperator Rome has gotten mixed reviews but supposed a big patch is coming that will address a lot of the issues.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
And just look at some of the games on there, i have thought for several years that PC gaming in particular has been dumbed down for the masses. League of Legends is a dumbed down RTS game which cant compete at least in my eyes with the classics, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer etc. Dungeon Fighter Online, really?:laugh:
Fortnite, jeesh dont get me started. Even the Call of Duty series has been dumbed down compared to Call of Duty 1 and 2. And i still dont know what World of Warcraft West is? Maybe a server perhaps? Anyways will try and post of screens of Crusader Kings 3 here in the next few days. The game has a 90-92% rating on Steam which is outstanding.

I'm still a sucker for the darn Call of Duty games. :( :laugh:

I used to love me some Age of Empires. I remember way back in the day my roommate and I networked the house up and started playing Age of Empires. It was fun yelling from room to room talking smack. haha Speaking of, I swear I read something about either a classic Age of Empires or a new Age of Empires game going on Xbox Gamepass.

JayFord

Reaction score
I just finished Crash Bandicoot 3 warped on the N sane trilogy

im confused how I beat any crash game as a kid.......its not so much difficulty its judgement and poor hit detection and the controls arent very tight

that being said I still love crash and am going to pick up 4 but not for full price though

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I'm still a sucker for the darn Call of Duty games. :( :laugh:

I used to love me some Age of Empires. I remember way back in the day my roommate and I networked the house up and started playing Age of Empires. It was fun yelling from room to room talking smack. haha Speaking of, I swear I read something about either a classic Age of Empires or a new Age of Empires game going on Xbox Gamepass.

I believe{?} and i may be mistaken but Age of Empires Definitive Edition, AOE2 DE and AOE3 DE which was just released are all on Xbox gamepass.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
A question for all the console gamers, are you getting one of the new consoles? If so, where is the best place/way to obtain one?