The Video Game Thread

Lutonio

Reaction score
People are overlooking the announcement of Helldivers 2. The first game is some of the most fun I’ve had in co op gaming. It should be pretty cheap after all these years, so I really recommend it. Definitely check it out if you’re a Starship Troopers fan. It has that same satire humor.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I’m messing around on the Diablo 4 beta this weekend.

I have high standards for the series given Diablo 2 is one of my all time favorites, and I felt burned by the Diablo Immortal announcement and release.

I’d say this game is shaping up to be somehow even better than hoped. I’m extremely optimistic after this beta.

And running around as a werebear druid is hilarious.
Today is the day!!!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Redfall - So, I didn't like this game at first, but something about it kept me plugging away at it. Once I figured out what I was doing, I have to say, the game has really grown on me. It's nothing ground-breaking, and definitely has it's issues, but I'm having fun with it. It's overall a pretty simplistic game and I think I enjoy that side of it. Just cruising around exploring the map, doing simple missions, leveling up your character and weapons, and murking vampires.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm currently playing "Thymesia" and if you liked Bloodborne, you will probably vibe with this one too. Not nearly as difficult, but souls style with small level design with gothic imagery. Shorter game though, about the length of Mortal Shell if you've played that one.

It's on PS Plus Extra right now.

Solid 7/10 range.

I was playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising and it's a good open world rpg type of game. There are just too many dang puzzles. Every other objective is a puzzle and got old pretty quickly.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
@Jammer, you still lurking around here?

The finally ported over Beat Saber to PSVR2. My sister has been hyping this game up to me for some time, so, when I saw it was available I finally pulled the trigger. It was worth it. Absolutely fun game. Looks great, can be challenging, and has music to really suck you into the game. I can see this being a great party game if you had a few friends over. They have quite a few music packs you can buy too (or you can purchase songs individually). I bought a couple packs already. Just wanted to throw that out there. Something you might like or be interested in.

If you bump up the difficulty level on some of the songs, and can make it through without failing, it's actually a pretty good little cardio workout. lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
They’re just a ton to do. Everywhere you go is something.
It’s almost overwhelming at times. Like where should I head next? Should I head to the next main quest point? Do a side quest? Explore an area, go underground, go up into the sky? Like you almost don’t even know what to do next which usually leads to me just wandering around without an actual plan and just exploring stuff lol

Praxit

Reaction score
..I just loaded up Far Cry 6. Its Ok, n stuff.

Huge map, with tons of side quests, apart from main quest.

Blow things up, and...................Blow more things up. Bunch of vehichle to choose from.

You'll learn some good spanish in this one. Game takes place in south america.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
..I just loaded up Far Cry 6. Its Ok, n stuff.

Huge map, with tons of side quests, apart from main quest.

Blow things up, and...................Blow more things up. Bunch of vehichle to choose from.

You'll learn some good spanish in this one. Game takes place in south america.
Played it. I enjoyed it. You're correct, the map is absolutely massive. No shortage of places to explore and things to blow up. lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Redfall - So, I didn't like this game at first, but something about it kept me plugging away at it. Once I figured out what I was doing, I have to say, the game has really grown on me. It's nothing ground-breaking, and definitely has it's issues, but I'm having fun with it. It's overall a pretty simplistic game and I think I enjoy that side of it. Just cruising around exploring the map, doing simple missions, leveling up your character and weapons, and murking vampires.
I watched a Twitch stream of someone playing Redfall at launch and it was bad. Which is unfortunate since Arkane Studios has developed some great games. But it sounds like it's been patched. :thumbup:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I'm currently playing "Thymesia" and if you liked Bloodborne, you will probably vibe with this one too. Not nearly as difficult, but souls style with small level design with gothic imagery. Shorter game though, about the length of Mortal Shell if you've played that one.

It's on PS Plus Extra right now.

Solid 7/10 range.

I was playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising and it's a good open world rpg type of game. There are just too many dang puzzles. Every other objective is a puzzle and got old pretty quickly.
I also played Immortals Fenyx Rising. I mostly enjoyed the experience. I must have a much higher tolerance for game puzzles, 'cause I ended up unlocking the platinum trophy on my PSN account. :laugh:

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I also played Immortals Fenyx Rising. I mostly enjoyed the experience. I must have a much higher tolerance for game puzzles, 'cause I ended up unlocking the platinum trophy on my PSN account. :laugh:
Kudos brotha bc after a few vaults I would end up hopping on YT for any that made me more than half try. I love hard combat but something about the contrast from fighting/flying to moving objects around for the puzzles just pulls the rug from the experience for me.

Oh, I now more remember that I also needed a Godly power I hadn't obtained yet to finish some objectives. I did like half the objectives but can't complete the quest wo obtaining probably the ability to move heavier objects power if I had to guess. I might revisit now if it's just a leveling up thing.

Respect on the platinum...shamefully don't have even 1 with all the games i've beaten...just never 100'd.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Respect on the platinum...shamefully don't have even 1 with all the games i've beaten...just never 100'd.
Same here. I've never Platinumed a game.

As far as Xbox, back in like 2007 I played some King Kong game (that had super easy achievements) and I 100'd it. That's the only time. lol