The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have Diablo 4 on Xbox series X. It looks
And runs perfect on the series X. It’s been cool because i have friends who have it on PC and being able to play together is awesome.

The biggest issue for me is. I’m also
Still playing tears of the kingdom. And I am
Torn constantly on which one to pop in as my video game time is limited with 2 young kids.

I wish these games came out like 6 months apart from each other lol.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I skipped through the 2 hour long Xbox Games Showcase, and wow, there are some great looking games coming down the pipeline. Star Wars Outlaws (Reality shared above), Flight Simulator 2024, Starfield, Forza Motorsports.....all look great.

The trailer for South of Midnight intrigued me the most. Game looks gorgeous and interesting.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I skipped through the 2 hour long Xbox Games Showcase, and wow, there are some great looking games coming down the pipeline. Star Wars Outlaws (Reality shared above), Flight Simulator 2024, Starfield, Forza Motorsports.....all look great.

The trailer for South of Midnight intrigued me the most. Game looks gorgeous and interesting.

Can't wait for Starfield!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
System requirements for Starfield are fairly steep but nothing crazy. 3 Months to go.
Minimum
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required
Recommended
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just an FYI for any of you 6v6 mulitplayer fans, the Xdefiant free beta is open to everybody today. You can play it for the next 3 days.

It's definitely worth a spin. There are some good and some bad with it, but overall, my jury is still out on it. I am having fun in the matches though, so that should count for something.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I found myself hooked on Ratchet & Clank yesterday. What a fun game. I never played it back in the day when it was on PS4. It was free on PSN a month or two ago. In fact, Ratchet & Clank was the kind of game I didn't think I would like, until I gave Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart a chance when I got my PS5, and now I'm a huge fan of the game/series.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The GOTY field this year is going to be insane. Tears of the Kingdom is probably a lock, but the field will be very strong.

Hogwarts Legacy is a nomination lock in any year

Jedi Survivor could win GOTY alot of years

Diablo 4

FF16

And then the beast that is Starfield coming out in September

Im probably forgetting some too

Starfield blowing past expections is probably the only Zelda loses. However Bethesda releases are notoriously buggy day 1, so that could hurt its chances

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The GOTY field this year is going to be insane. Tears of the Kingdom is probably a lock, but the field will be very strong.

Hogwarts Legacy is a nomination lock in any year

Jedi Survivor could win GOTY alot of years

Diablo 4

FF16

And then the beast that is Starfield coming out in September

Im probably forgetting some too

Starfield blowing past expections is probably the only Zelda loses. However Bethesda releases are notoriously buggy day 1, so that could hurt its chances
Great year for games, Baldurs Gate 3 is releasing next month