The Walking Dead Season 6-Episodes 9-16 *SPOILERS*

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The director said he didn't think the cast was even present when they shot the final part of that scene. I assume that means they definitely weren't still seated at that point (or he has a really bad memory) so I wonder if negan's motions were even consistent with his target.

LOL!

That could very well be. And if so that could affect some other theories.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The director said he didn't think the cast was even present when they shot the final part of that scene. I assume that means they definitely weren't still seated at that point (or he has a really bad memory) so I wonder if negan's motions were even consistent with his target.

The director was Greg Nicotero. Last night on Talking Dead, Producer/Writer of the Walking Dead, Scott M Gimple and Jeffery Dean Morgan (the actor that plays Negan) said the shoot of the final scene was an all night thing and all the actors on their knees gave 110% for 15 hrs and it was cold as hell.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The director was Greg Nicotero. Last night on Talking Dead, Producer/Writer of the Walking Dead, Scott M Gimple and Jeffery Dean Morgan (the actor that plays Negan) said the shoot of the final scene was an all night thing and all the actors on their knees gave 110% for 15 hrs and it was cold as hell.
Which means they didn't have to act, they looked miserable because they were.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what the producer Scott Gimble said Monday about the last sequence...

"I believe there is no way [to guess who died]. There are a couple of things in there that might help people, possibly limit the amount of people who are vulnerable. But I would rather people not go down that route because I truly don't think there is a way to puzzle it out definitively.

So not only did they not show us the victim, they also purposely shot the scene out of order so we can't even use clues to figure it out…

jnday

Reaction score
The Negan-character was very good.

The beginning of the episode was very good.

But the rest of it? You had about an hours worth of fill.

The Carol/Morgan thing was disjointed.

The ending was bad.

I strongly disagree about a hour's worth of fill unless you are counting commercials as fill. A character could complete three sentences and it was commercial time.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I strongly disagree about a hour's worth of fill unless you are counting commercials as fill. A character could complete three sentences and it was commercial time.

And usually a fear the walking dead commercial preview at that

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Here's what the producer Scott Gimble said Monday about the last sequence...

"I believe there is no way [to guess who died]. There are a couple of things in there that might help people, possibly limit the amount of people who are vulnerable. But I would rather people not go down that route because I truly don't think there is a way to puzzle it out definitively.

So not only did they not show us the victim, they also purposely shot the scene out of order so we can't even use clues to figure it out…

It would very very easy for no one in the cast to know who it was.
Everyone still on their knees or not.

They could all be there and he could hit a tackle dummy. They could all watch and think .... Uhhh.... Whut? Who?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not happy with this episode at all. Way too much convenient, lazy writing going on. Things happen 'because they happen' and not with any rhyme or reason.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
It sounds like I'm the only one who 100% liked it.

OK maybe 99.9%. I might quibble about how the Saviors' plan was maybe supernaturally prescient. I guess they could have had eyes on Alexandria. Saw Grimes' group was about to move out. The Saviors then:

captured and beat a guy to be their sacrificial lamb...
and dragged him to the middle of a road and just waited...
and knew where Rick's group was traveling to...
and set up cars and men at all of the roads...
and strung together a bunch of zombies to block a road...
and cut down a bunch of giant trees to block a road...
and knew Grimes' crew would split up...
and knew the exact path Rick's group would take on foot...

That's an incredibly efficient group Negan's got there. It wasn't like this was a regularly scheduled trip by Rick's group. This was all set off by a sudden medical emergency.

Had no issue with it ending how it ended. Never watched the Sopranos so it didn't really set off any feelings of being derivative or cheap. That 12 minute monologue by JDM was all kinds of awesome. Perfect. Might restart reading the books. Stopped just before Negan.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
This is an excellent reply and perfect in the explanation of what you see in the comic book.

Just like we've now seen in the show this season Rick underestimates Negan, and his power, quite a bit. He doesn't have the full picture until that moment last night to know what he's up against. A bit of arrogance on Rick's part. But we all know Rick. He learns.

Now you're going to see that Negan, and they hinted toward it some last night with his dialogue (As they do in the comic), is going to be the one to underestimate Rick and to overestimate his own ability to simply break people.

I can't wait to see the chess match play out. I feel like they're going to do a damn good job of it on TV.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this. Given the Saviors' numbers and resources, I can't even imagine how Rick's group responds.

I honestly don't even care that much about who died. I don't want to spend the first half of next season seeing all the characters mope about Glenn getting beaten to death (or whoever).

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score

OK maybe 99.9%. I might quibble about how the Saviors' plan was maybe supernaturally prescient. I guess they could have had eyes on Alexandria. Saw Grimes' group was about to move out. The Saviors then:

That's an incredibly efficient group Negan's got there. It wasn't like this was a regularly scheduled trip by Rick's group. This was all set off by a sudden medical emergency.

Had no issue with it ending how it ended. Never watched the Sopranos so it didn't really set off any feelings of being derivative or cheap. That 12 minute monologue by JDM was all kinds of awesome. Perfect. Might restart reading the books. Stopped just before Negan.

Yea I was kinda wonderin about that to......theres just way too much variables involved.....

on a side note, I dont think anybody has brought it up yet but, did anybody else notice that the main guy (besides Negan of course) the one who had the lil heart to heart lol, with Rick about last days on earth bla bla bla....that was the guy who Voiced/modeled Trevor from GTA V.....blew my mind anyway.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

That's two of us that liked it. Remember The Saviors have two-way radios too so that's how they would coordinate cutting off Rick's group at every road. There is only so many routes to the Hilltop so I don't imagine it would be hard to guess where the Winnebago would be after the first encounter in this episode.

I agree with you about who got wacked is less important than how it effects the others in the coming season. The response to what happen will be critical. They trusted Rick to keep the group safe and now that's been shattered.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
That's two of us that liked it. Remember The Saviors have two-way radios too so that's how they would coordinate cutting off Rick's group at every road. There is only so many routes to the Hilltop so I don't imagine it would be hard to guess where the Winnebago would be after the first encounter in this episode.

I agree with you about who got wacked is less important than how it effects the others in the coming season. The response to what happen will be critical. They trusted Rick to keep the group safe and now that's been shattered.

two way radios doesnt even come close to explainin the level of coordination and preemptiveness they exuded....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yea I was kinda wonderin about that to......theres just way too much variables involved.....

on a side note, I dont think anybody has brought it up yet but, did anybody else notice that the main guy (besides Negan of course) the one who had the lil heart to heart lol, with Rick about last days on earth bla bla bla....that was the guy who Voiced/modeled Trevor from GTA V.....blew my mind anyway.....

I think it was more of a concerted effort than convenient.

Negan said it was "career day"..... All hands on deck. EVERYONE stop what you are doing....

This "Rick Alexandria" guy has become a problem. Needs fixing.

TODAY... We settle some "family business".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
two way radios doesnt even come close to explainin the level of coordination and preemptiveness they exuded....

With man power, maps and communication... little else is needed. I use to do this sort of thing in USAF TACP. Tracking movement of a known target and interception is easy.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I think it was more of a concerted effort than convenient.

Negan said it was "career day"..... All hands on deck. EVERYONE stop what you are doing....

This "Rick Alexandria" guy has become a problem. Needs fixing.

TODAY... We settle some "family business".

Theres no way in hell though that they could of known Eugene would be the one with idea then and there to have everybody hoof it, whilst he becomes the bait still drivin the RV like theyre all still tryin to find another route, or even possibly go back to Alexandria.......and how the frick did they even know Maggie would get sick? and would need a Doctor which Alexandria no longer had? they dont know Denise was a Doctor, and the only one in Alexandria.....Theres just simply no way they could hatch such an elaborate plan with some many possible variables.....now you could say with such numbers they would of just laid siege to Alexandria had they never left, but thats another story......and unless they have Medieval like siege weapons, even those overwhelming numbers wouldnt of mattered against the walls of alexandria.....