The Walking Dead-Season 7, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have two questions that aren't answerable by reading the graphic novel...

1. So what becomes of the scavenger group? Will we get more back story on this group next season? Or will they simply be eradicated by the combined groups of Alexander-Hillside-Kingdom? Obviously the writers could not give much information away or it would have been even easier to sniff out the "stab-in-the-back" by the group.

2. Oceanside. What happens to them? My guess is they simply show up at one of the allies-camps en-masse.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
That supply thing kinda works both ways in that there are a lot of people at "Sanctuary" and much of the food was coming from the other settlements... That's now kaput and those folks need to be fed. Negan is under the gun to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I was thinking his strategy in always taking half from each group was he'd be in a better position to win a war of attrition.

Armored vehicles would be a huge asset in a situation like that too because any normal vehicle will probably get shot to hell and it's too hard to carry stuff in through the woods. The more of those, the better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking his strategy in always taking half from each group was he'd be in a better position to win a war of attrition.

Armored vehicles would be a huge asset in a situation like that too because any normal vehicle will probably get shot to hell and it's too hard to carry stuff in through the woods. The more of those, the better.

Neither of these participants is geared towards some kind of long conflict... In the graphic novel Negan gives a speech on he needs to be able to work with these people in the future, obviously with the mindset that he NEEDS to be have his existing system stay in place for several reasons.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At the prison we had the tank-attack but since then haven't seen any armoured vehicles. The real problem would be finding fuel and then finding someone with the expertise to make em'run... plus find the necessary parts.

rynochop

Reaction score
I responded to another poster who was complaining about the show and these guys then jump all over me for complaining....I wasn't talking to them but their fragile little sensibilities can't take criticisms I guess
Why won't you respond to me not caring about an Ametican Idol thread, but you you feel compelled to chime in on this show that you don't like?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's part of Scott Gimble's (the show-runner) interview on "The Talking Dead"...

But while we look back on the big assault at Alexandria, it’s also time to look ahead. So what come next? What does showrunner Scott M. Gimple have on tap for next season? Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick asked him when the EP appeared on The Walking Dead aftershow.

“Every year you ask me that question,” Gimple answered Hardwick. “I say it’s going to be bigger, it’s going to be more intense. I say these things and I’ve meant them every year and I think we’ve actually accomplished that. This year, same thing. More intense. The first 4 episodes will melt people’s minds and break their televisions.”

I would take that to mean "Negan vs. Rick" part II will take place... May even mean additional conflict. I would think the Scavengers will be getting a taste of "pay-back" courtesy of Rick's group.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Here's part of Scott Gimble's (the show-runner) interview on "The Talking Dead"...

But while we look back on the big assault at Alexandria, it’s also time to look ahead. So what come next? What does showrunner Scott M. Gimple have on tap for next season? Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick asked him when the EP appeared on The Walking Dead aftershow.

“Every year you ask me that question,” Gimple answered Hardwick. “I say it’s going to be bigger, it’s going to be more intense. I say these things and I’ve meant them every year and I think we’ve actually accomplished that. This year, same thing. More intense. The first 4 episodes will melt people’s minds and break their televisions.”

I would take that to mean "Negan vs. Rick" part II will take place... May even mean additional conflict. I would think the Scavengers will be getting a taste of "pay-back" courtesy of Rick's group.

melt minds and break televisions.

the trouble is, he thinks he's already done this. this last year if you listen to him. so all i can expect from him is what i've seen so far, which is to continue to setup events that seldom come or when they do, they're quick n over and part of another bigger "reset".

i think that really answers my questions i had in that will it always be like this and as long as we have the group we have writing it, yes. but when this comes back on the air i'll have sunday night football and can regulate TWD to tivo and see if i feel like watching it later.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
melt minds and break televisions.

the trouble is, he thinks he's already done this. this last year if you listen to him. so all i can expect from him is what i've seen so far, which is to continue to setup events that seldom come or when they do, they're quick n over and part of another bigger "reset".

i think that really answers my questions i had in that will it always be like this and as long as we have the group we have writing it, yes. but when this comes back on the air i'll have sunday night football and can regulate TWD to tivo and see if i feel like watching it later.

Best to watch it on DVR (or tivo) anyway...just to get through the long commercial breaks.

On a side note. Have loved the Black Sails show over the last few years and this year was going killer but man the last two episodes to end the whole series...such a let down.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Best to watch it on DVR (or tivo) anyway...just to get through the long commercial breaks.

On a side note. Have loved the Black Sails show over the last few years and this year was going killer but man the last two episodes to end the whole series...such a let down.

i realized i actually have STARZ and tried watching it but i'm so far back on black sails i need to go catch up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not that SNF has been a bastion of good entertainment itself lately...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have two questions that aren't answerable by reading the graphic novel...

1. So what becomes of the scavenger group? Will we get more back story on this group next season? Or will they simply be eradicated by the combined groups of Alexander-Hillside-Kingdom? Obviously the writers could not give much information away or it would have been even easier to sniff out the "stab-in-the-back" by the group.

2. Oceanside. What happens to them? My guess is they simply show up at one of the allies-camps en-masse.

For the first question I believe they're basically a filler/time killer to buy time for what happens after the attack on Sanctuary.

I believe next season will start with Rick and company taking the fight to Negans house, like in the comic, and I believe it will end where you're not sure if Negan will get out or be over run by walkers.

In the meantime the group will then focus on The Garbage pail kids and destroy them. I'm thinking they'll simply kill them all.

This will serve two purposes. 1. It allows Rick and company to think they've taken out all of their enemies and 2. It's going to set up some big moment, discussion, realization for Rick (probably through Morgan once again) that Rick is now going to far, and really no better than Negan.

At that point Negan will unsurprisingly return and attack Alexandria again, just like in the comic, forcing everyone to flee to Hilltop for the final battle in the war.

Which will lead to the long awaited showdown between Rick and Negan (one on one) and people will be left to wonder rather Rick will in fact kill him, or if he will decide (like in the comic) that he must let him live to prove to everyone that Negans way is not needed in order to survive and thrive.

That's how I think that all ties together next season.

As for #2...I think they're actually going to be left right where they are but set up very nicely as the port community that will be in place after the war is all over and the show goes into the two year time skip.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Why won't you respond to me not caring about an Ametican Idol thread, but you you feel compelled to chime in on this show that you don't like?

Just let it go. He just wants people to care that he thinks they're stupid for watching this terrible show that he obviously still watches.

He doesn't like the show. Thats all the stock anyone needs to put into his opinion of the show.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the first question I believe they're basically a filler/time killer to buy time for what happens after the attack on Sanctuary.

I believe next season will start with Rick and company taking the fight to Negans house, like in the comic, and I believe it will end where you're not sure if Negan will get out or be over run by walkers.

In the meantime the group will then focus on The Garbage pail kids and destroy them. I'm thinking they'll simply kill them all.

This will serve two purposes. 1. It allows Rick and company to think they've taken out all of their enemies and 2. It's going to set up some big moment, discussion, realization for Rick (probably through Morgan once again) that Rick is now going to far, and really no better than Negan.

At that point Negan will unsurprisingly return and attack Alexandria again, just like in the comic, forcing everyone to flee to Hilltop for the final battle in the war.

Which will lead to the long awaited showdown between Rick and Negan (one on one) and people will be left to wonder rather Rick will in fact kill him, or if he will decide (like in the comic) that he must let him live to prove to everyone that Negans way is not needed in order to survive and thrive.

That's how I think that all ties together next season.

As for #2...I think they're actually going to be left right where they are but set up very nicely as the port community that will be in place after the war is all over and the show goes into the two year time skip.

Could be.

Will an attack on the scavenger group result in a "massacre" of those folks? Could be.

I'd like to see a difference scenario played out... But that's probably unlikely.

Anyway the filming starts for season 8 starts this month.

rynochop

Reaction score
Just let it go. He just wants people to care that he thinks they're stupid for watching this terrible show that he obviously still watches.

He doesn't like the show. Thats all the stock anyone needs to put into his opinion of the show.
I know, I find it fascinating though

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Solid episode and season ender for a somewhat plodding season. They really needed to get here much faster.

Some things I must have missed...
  • How did the Kingdom people get into Alexandria? Hilltop could have scaled the wall but Ezekiel's crew had a tiger and horses.
  • What was the wooden soldier with "Didn't Know" on the back? Message from Dwight? Eugene? Didn't know what? Seems kind of hard to bank on someone finding it.
  • Other than theatrics, why put Sasha in a coffin as opposed to the back of a truck? I can't really think of a reason to do this. And when you have to cut through a bunch of fallen trees, nobody checks in on her?
  • What was Plan B? All-out war or something else?
  • Why did the contingent from The Kingdom walk from DC to wherever in VA the Alexandria community is? That's pretty far on foot. They have a truck. Maybe Shiva doesn't like riding lol.
  • Were the Abraham scenes from a previous episode that I've forgotten? I think the Maggie/Sasha scenes were from an actual episode, but I can't recall if the Abe scenes were a memory or more like seeing a ghost. In the first one, Sasha looks surprised to see Abraham, as if she jumped back in time kind of like characters in Lost. I suppose the drug is taking effect.
Also, that background music during the fight was pretty weird tonally for TWD. It was like a Nicolas Winding-Refn movie all of a sudden.

rynochop

Reaction score
The only thing I got from Didn't know, was that Dwight didn't realize how prepared Negan was. Daryl just needs to crossbow him and end it.
But yeah, how the Kingdom got in is a huge plot hole of many. Unless they were already there, but you wait until Carl is a second away from his head bashed in?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing I got from Didn't know, was that Dwight didn't realize how prepared Negan was. Daryl just needs to crossbow him and end it.

Dwight didn't know about the "double cross" by the scavenger group.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
And that's really strange. There's an American Idol thread on here but I don't care about the show so you won't find one post from me...but hey whatever gets your rocks off..but it's weird
This^^^^^

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Pretty cool that Zeke trained his tiger to attack only the bad guys. I didn't realize you could teach tigers to do that. But hey, what do I know about panthera tigris?