The Walking Dead-Season 7, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this backwoods trash people in the comics? Would love to know how they went all Mad Max in the amount of time that has passed...

Some strange things in this one, but the Daryl and Carol part of the episode was awesome. Dang near got a tear built up during it! :oops:

No, this new group does not appear in the graphic novel.

And yeah, it had too much of a "Thunderdome" feeling.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Iceberg was saying they reminded him of the rejects or something from the warriors movie...after I thought of it...the female leader reminded me (visually) of the leader of the orphans from the warriors movie.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I guess they ran out of plot ideas that would incorporate even semi-realistic characters so now we get extras from The Planet of the Apes and a colony ruled by a King who talks like he's in Elizabethan times. I always knew the show was based on a comic book, but this season has been the first time it felt that way.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Iceberg was saying they reminded him of the rejects or something from the warriors movie...after I thought of it...the female leader reminded me (visually) of the leader of the orphans from the warriors movie.

Good catch on the "Orphans".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess they ran out of plot ideas that would incorporate even semi-realistic characters so now we get extras from The Planet of the Apes and a colony ruled by a King who talks like he's in Elizabethan times. I always knew the show was based on a comic book, but this season has been the first time it felt that way.

Yeah, that was a bad group. And what's with the stunted English? I mean they grew up and were educated not far from DC... And after two-years they've lost their ability to talk in complete sentences?

Funny you should mention the "Planet of the Apes" because the CGI/Green screening was noticeably bad.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a bad group. And what's with the stunted English? I mean they grew up and were educated not far from DC... And after two-years they've lost their ability to talk in complete sentences?

Funny you should mention the "Planet of the Apes" because the CGI/Green screening was noticeably bad.

Maybe that was what reminded me of the old POTA. I don't know why they're talking that way, but I think I would have preferred ewoks to this group lol.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
First two episodes weren't too bad.

I don't like that Ezikiel is being a little idiot.

I'm not a fan of Darryl lieing to Carol. Makes zero sense.

Dodger12

Reaction score

Last night's episode was bad. Just bad and it makes me angry. I get it, it's a story about a zombie apocalypse. But up until now, you could relate to some of the characters because, if you could suspend your disbelief about the plot, you'd find these groups in a world of anarchy. The Saviors, Alexandria, the Governor, Hilltop, Sanctuary, etc....all groups that we could see developing in a chaotic world. Now we get road warrior types who can't speak in complete sentences and have a zombie dressed in spikes for some unknown purpose. And, somehow, their existence has been hidden from the Saviors. And to make matters worse, Rick takes a look at this band of degenerates and somehow sees an ally to defeat the Saviors. It's just stupid and the only reason I watch the show anymore is because of some misguided loyalty to see it through. If I started watching the show today, it would never get me hooked.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I wonder when and how Tara will lead Rick to those ladies on the coast?
You know she is going to. That's where they will get the guns.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
yea, it just had that 80s hokey feeling. like the skinny dude in esc from new york that was the dukes toy or whatever. it just seemed too "drone'ish".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last night's episode was bad. Just bad and it makes me angry. I get it, it's a story about a zombie apocalypse. But up until now, you could relate to some of the characters because, if you could suspend your disbelief about the plot, you'd find these groups in a world of anarchy. The Saviors, Alexandria, the Governor, Hilltop, Sanctuary, etc....all groups that we could see developing in a chaotic world. Now we get road warrior types who can't speak in complete sentences and have a zombie dressed in spikes for some unknown purpose. And, somehow, their existence has been hidden from the Saviors. And to make matters worse, Rick takes a look at this band of degenerates and somehow sees an ally to defeat the Saviors. It's just stupid and the only reason I watch the show anymore is because of some misguided loyalty to see it through. If I started watching the show today, it would never get me hooked.

Yep.

Up until last night I could feel a sense of realism to the show... But last night's episode was just bad. A bad group. A bad reason for the group. A group that lacks any sense of being realistic. And then the head honcho's at TWD used one of the worst backgrounds I've ever seen.

And if I were Rick I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw'em.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder when and how Tara will lead Rick to those ladies on the coast?
You know she is going to. That's where they will get the guns.

Well that's going to happen soon... Rick's questioning of Tara will lead to it. For Rick to take Oceanside's guns, give this new group half of them would be stoopid.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First two episodes weren't too bad.

I don't like that Ezikiel is being a little idiot.

I'm not a fan of Darryl lieing to Carol. Makes zero sense.

Ezekiel (and likewise Hilltop) weren't going to jump on the "Hey, let's take on Negan" train right away... Things need to become more dire.

Well you know Carol will be told at one point.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Ezekiel (and likewise Hilltop) weren't going to jump on the "Hey, let's take on Negan" train right away... Things need to become more dire.

I think the

I wonder if Richard or Benjamin will be killed by Negan?
That will push Ezekiel over the edge.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yep.

Up until last night I could feel a sense of realism to the show... But last night's episode was just bad. A bad group. A bad reason for the group. A group that lacks any sense of being realistic. And then the head honcho's at TWD used one of the worst backgrounds I've ever seen.

And if I were Rick I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw'em.

that's why i was talking escape from new york, or LA (either one) or warriors...it just got strange for no reason.

the horrible CGI didn't help.

it's like the lost 80% of their budget.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the

I wonder if Richard or Benjamin will be killed by Negan?
That will push Ezekiel over the edge.

I'm not sure of the circumstances but we can kinda figure out that "The Kingdom" will be a participant in the "War with Negan".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's why i was talking escape from new york, or LA (either one) or warriors...it just got strange for no reason.

the horrible CGI didn't help.

it's like the lost 80% of their budget.

The tiger CGI has been bad but that background was dreadful.

AMC has the reputation for being "cheap". Supposedly that's one reason Frank Darabont abandon ship after season one.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
The tiger CGI has been bad but that background was dreadful.

AMC has the reputation for being "cheap". Supposedly that's one reason Frank Darabont abandon ship after season one.

I wish they'd use a real tiger.

Then at least I could daydream about it getting loose and eating a few of the writers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

After 7 seasons. This was a wth episode but I can't hate on them. Im watching....

That cgi was bad. It was a real low budget syfy movie-style. It screamed GREEN SCREEN!

yea, it just had that 80s hokey feeling. like the skinny dude in esc from new york that was the dukes toy or whatever. it just seemed too "drone'ish".

The episode was anomaly-like. Like purposely done to take you out of the pattern.
The lines, acting and scenery all took a hit!

I agree with first bold sentence except that I was for misguided loyalty and I can't lie.... for Negan!

Agreed. 100%!