The Walking Dead-Season 7, episodes 9-16

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The episode was anomaly-like. Like purposely done to take you out of the pattern.
The lines, acting and scenery all took a hit!!

except i don't think they'd suck on purpose and that episode sucked. the entire "cult" idea is stupid with everyone following along like shia lebeouf at a museum. having to develop your own language? asinine. they put themselves above it all but dive back in at the first opportunity cause wilber got whacked. or whatever his name was.

it was just bad enough to put me almost done. for awhile i've been watching out of a sense of duty and that's just getting harder and harder to do.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
except i don't think they'd suck on purpose and that episode sucked. the entire "cult" idea is stupid with everyone following along like shia lebeouf at a museum. having to develop your own language? asinine. they put themselves above it all but dive back in at the first opportunity cause wilber got whacked. or whatever his name was.

it was just bad enough to put me almost done. for awhile i've been watching out of a sense of duty and that's just getting harder and harder to do.

I hear ya.. I do....

But I still need "more cowbell".... errrrr.... "more Negan"

They want to go to what ? 10 seasons?
I think that the dead stop reanimating.... they continue to re-civilize .... again...

Stryker44

Reaction score
I hear ya.. I do....

But I still need "more cowbell".... errrrr.... "more Negan"

They want to go to what ? 10 seasons?
I think that the dead stop reanimating.... they continue to re-civilize .... again...

Alot more than 10 seasons. We are talking about a run like The Simpsons or greater.

punchnjudy

Reaction score

At this point, I'm halfway expecting Negan to find Daryl and force him to jump over shark infested water on his motorcycle.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
At this point, I'm halfway expecting Negan to find Daryl and force him to jump over shark infested water on his motorcycle.
i can almost see negan making him do it w/o a motorcycle - just make the noises as you fake your way up the ramp.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
i can almost see negan making him do it w/o a motorcycle - just make the noises as you fake your way up the ramp.

That made me LOL lol lol

well keep in mind they've about caught up with the comic books. from here they have to start making stuff up on their own and if the last season is any example of what is to come, this series is over.

I enjoyed last season. I thought they was some real mastery in that lead up to "career day"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Episode 7-11 2-26-17

The "Eugene" episode.

Interesting at the beginning of the episode seeing the hopper cars by the Sanctuary.

The series has continually woven "railroad" stuff in here & there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
other than a gifted pickle line, nothing memorable out of this one. eugene still can't do much but cry everywhere he goes, but now we see he's put into a position of power and can "lead" suddenly. now is he turning to negans side or collecting intel and who to trust for when war breaks out, or both?

considering this is eugene, don't really care.

til they fight and something actually happens, this is as boring as it can be.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
other than a gifted pickle line, nothing memorable out of this one. eugene still can't do much but cry everywhere he goes, but now we see he's put into a position of power and can "lead" suddenly. now is he turning to negans side or collecting intel and who to trust for when war breaks out, or both?

considering this is eugene, don't really care.

til they fight and something actually happens, this is as boring as it can be.

Yep, and I doubt we're going to see any of that till the very end of the season.

It's all "shadow-boxing" at this point.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Another lame episode which doesn't surprise me anymore. I've been binge watching TWD and if anyone wants to see just how far the series has fallen, re-watch season 2 which introduced them to Hershel and the farm. Hell, any episode in that season is infinitely better than the trash we're watching now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another lame episode which doesn't surprise me anymore. I've been binge watching TWD and if anyone wants to see just how far the series has fallen, re-watch season 2 which introduced them to Hershel and the farm. Hell, any episode in that season is infinitely better than the trash we're watching now.

It's funny because season 2 was ripped by many for being "too slow" and not advancing the story fast enough (the graphic novel spends far less time on Herschel's farm than what the TV show did).

I think season 2 had a couple advantages that season 7 does not... First being the writing was better in season 2. While Frank Darabont left after season 1, he had put in place much of season 2 prior to his leaving.

Season 2 had IMO the best mid-season closing episode of the series (Shane opens the barn and a dead Sophia comes out) and maybe the best season-ender with Rick killing off Shane and Herschel's Farm becoming overwhelmed.

The other advantage of season 2 was the smaller cast of characters that allowed for far more character development. In season 7 we have far too many characters to care much about any them because they get little or no character development.

I think that was one of negative consequences of the killing off of Glenn and Abraham... All of a sudden two characters that had a decent amount of character development were written off the show and in place were dozens of new characters that we'll know little (if anything) about because their isn't enough story time to tell us.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The Neegan character really threw me off due to the role he played in Magic City. Those first few episodes of this latest season were hard to believe or take serious. Still a fan but yeah I thought the show took a dive..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny because season 2 was ripped by many for being "too slow" and not advancing the story fast enough (the graphic novel spends far less time on Herschel's farm than what the TV show did).

I think season 2 had a couple advantages that season 7 does not... First being the writing was better in season 2. While Frank Darabont left after season 1, he had put in place much of season 2 prior to his leaving.

Season 2 had IMO the best mid-season closing episode of the series (Shane opens the barn and a dead Sophia comes out) and maybe the best season-ender with Rick killing off Shane and Herschel's Farm becoming overwhelmed.

The other advantage of season 2 was the smaller cast of characters that allowed for far more character development. In season 7 we have far too many characters to care much about any them because they get little or no character development.

I think that was one of negative consequences of the killing off of Glenn and Abraham... All of a sudden two characters that had a decent amount of character development were written off the show and in place were dozens of new characters that we'll know little (if anything) about because their isn't enough story time to tell us.

Great points ...especially your opener as I was going to type the very same thing in response to Dodger's post. People were ripping it left and right because they were sitting still and doing nothing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last episode did not bother me in the least. We know they are going to be switching from site to site and people to people. Even some of the silly orphans episode was not as bad when rewatching it last night...then again as i noted in another thread I have been hitting the cold meds hard lol. But after watching it again the language and actions of the group were not as goof as some portrayed it to be. Not great but not as goofy. They had their own set ways of doing things and to that end it fit them. The idea that nobody knew of them is still goofy but so be it.

Last nights show was ok for me. Eugene, as wimpy as he is, got more treatment of a positive nature than he has since first meeting abraham. It is astounding that Rick and the others would not use him in more areas to help make things. Now he will be used in that area more and give him more self esteem. I think he will eventually become a trusted allie to the baseball wielding idiot but in the end Eugene will not forget who killed Abraham and help the original group.

Rosita is the one that I am finding more and more annoying. Ok...we get it, you are going to be a bad arse now and don't care what others say you want to kill the man...even though you cost other's their lives with your idiocy.

The King...sooner or later his hand will be forced or he will lose the respect of his own people. As of now only a hand full know of the deal, if that gets out I am sure he will be forced into joining the fight...that or the young kid gets killed and pushes the king over the hill...pun intended.

When does vikings start again?

maxdogg

Reaction score
The last episode did not bother me in the least. We know they are going to be switching from site to site and people to people. Even some of the silly orphans episode was not as bad when rewatching it last night...then again as i noted in another thread I have been hitting the cold meds hard lol. But after watching it again the language and actions of the group were not as goof as some portrayed it to be. Not great but not as goofy. They had their own set ways of doing things and to that end it fit them. The idea that nobody knew of them is still goofy but so be it.

Last nights show was ok for me. Eugene, as wimpy as he is, got more treatment of a positive nature than he has since first meeting abraham. It is astounding that Rick and the others would not use him in more areas to help make things. Now he will be used in that area more and give him more self esteem. I think he will eventually become a trusted allie to the baseball wielding idiot but in the end Eugene will not forget who killed Abraham and help the original group.

Rosita is the one that I am finding more and more annoying. Ok...we get it, you are going to be a bad arse now and don't care what others say you want to kill the man...even though you cost other's their lives with your idiocy.

The King...sooner or later his hand will be forced or he will lose the respect of his own people. As of now only a hand full know of the deal, if that gets out I am sure he will be forced into joining the fight...that or the young kid gets killed and pushes the king over the hill...pun intended.

When does vikings start again?
Great points man I agree with you I thought the episode was ok.
And yeah I love Rosita but they are making her annoying as hell.