The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JUST as long as their daily warden/prisoner relationship does not include any Jodie Foster/Anthony Hopkins 'I ate his liver with a nice chianti and some fava beans' jail cell conversations. :muttley:

I think they have only scratched the surface of her character's depth. Janis is such an enigma in my opinion for them to simply let her character meld into background noise.

Another thing I hope they delve into is any lingering ties with Negan's followers. Surely there was one or two brainwashed loyalists who will not take kindly to their all-powerful savior being locked away. To me it does not make any sense for such a commanding overseer like Negan to not have any Reverend Jim Jones type fanatics. I still remember him surviving the invading Sanctuary zombie herd, appearing before his group and someone yelling, "God bless you Negan." Certainly all the hardcore disciples did not do a complete 180 degree change in thinking..?

It will be interesting if the show delves into the idea of a local government being created that represents the area groups... With folks that are elected and serve a limited time.

As opposed to the dictatorial approach that folks like Negan, The Governor and to a certain extent Rick.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be interesting if the show delves into the idea of a local government being created that represents the area groups... With folks that are elected and serve a limited time.

As opposed to the dictatorial approach that folks like Negan, The Governor and to a certain extent Rick.
The introduction of a localized government should (logically) supercede the creation of a judicial system. That would worry me although it could have a prime dramatic effect.

What if Negan was treated like a war criminal? He would stand trial of course but I doubt it would stop with him. Rick would be seen as just as guilty as Negan in the eyes of some Sanctuary members for his unprovoked attack on the Saviors outpost. I could get into that type of subplot but I do not know how much of the show's audience would enjoy it going down that particular rabbit hole.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
JUST as long as their daily warden/prisoner relationship does not include any Jodie Foster/Anthony Hopkins 'I ate his liver with a nice chianti and some fava beans' jail cell conversations. :muttley:

I think they have only scratched the surface of her character's depth. Janis is such an enigma in my opinion for them to simply let her character meld into background noise.

Another thing I hope they delve into is any lingering ties with Negan's followers. Surely there was one or two brainwashed loyalists who will not take kindly to their all-powerful savior being locked away. To me it does not make any sense for such a commanding overseer like Negan to not have any Reverend Jim Jones type fanatics. I still remember him surviving the invading Sanctuary zombie herd, appearing before his group and someone yelling, "God bless you Negan." Certainly all the hardcore disciples did not do a complete 180 degree change in thinking..?

There would also be the "Maggie's" in their group who lost loved ones they couldn't forget. Not saying they'll go there but they could. Or they could have zombies kill all of them in the first five minutes. :)

rynochop

Reaction score
well first he found a car that still started AND had a full tank of gas. we can call that ~400 miles. his walking across texas was interesting. at least we know he's in texas if not already past it.
Someone mentioned Tyler at some point, which is in east TX..a medium size city that probably 90 percent of the audience has never heard of. They're filming in Austin area which is apparent since that land looks nothing like Tyler.

as mentioned the whole Maggie, Darryl thing is weird esp after Daryl and rick had that bro moment at Carl's grave last episode..surely they won't turn that into some civil war

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone mentioned Tyler at some point, which is in east TX..a medium size city that probably 90 percent of the audience has never heard of. They're filming in Austin area which is apparent since that land looks nothing like Tyler.

as mentioned the whole Maggie, Darryl thing is weird esp after Daryl and rick had that bro moment at Carl's grave last episode..surely they won't turn that into some civil war

I don't foresee a "civil war". It's too close to what we've watched over the last 2 1/2 seasons.

No, I think it will be more of a clandestine effort to get in and kill Negan... Basically lynch him.

blindzebra

Reaction score
It would be good if they can tie the helicopter into the origin of infection. Secret government lab working on some sort of bio weapon had a leak but it seemed to have no effect until someone died. Could explain why everyone is infected and why bites kill you before you turn...that was the intent of the original bio weapon to kill, they did not expect the zombie thing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I don't foresee a "civil war". It's too close to what we've watched over the last 2 1/2 seasons.

No, I think it will be more of a clandestine effort to get in and kill Negan... Basically lynch him.
what's to lynch? they want him dead, just wait til rick isn't looking and go kill him. NO ONE ANYWHERE would question them going to see negan so go, take him out, and leave. tell rick YEP I DID IT and watch rick get mad and then get over it. rick isn't going to kill one of his own so it becomes a non issue.

this just scream MILK FOR A SEASON AT LEAST what to do with the negan drama. while i get why rick did it, it's like leaving a stick of dynamite laying around with a lighter attached to it. sooner or later it's going off and you've got a mess on your hands again. something tells me it's gonna get nasty out there, again, and negan promises to not fight anymore but he wants out to help. negan is a lot of things but not a liar.

in any event, it's like an ending that isn't, really.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
something tells me it's gonna get nasty out there, again, and negan promises to not fight anymore but he wants out to help. negan is a lot of things but not a liar.

This is what I think happens too, i.e. something bad happens and Negan offers to deal with it which keeps him from being offed by the Maggie-family.

When it comes to intriguing characters the show is lacking...

Negan, Ann (Jadis)... Who else at this point?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Expected to see a battle like something out of Braveheart but got RedEyed Rick leaving Negan alive only to escape next season and bring his revenge. Lame at best but at least Eugene double loaded the bullets and blew up there guns . This show sadly has run out of material and the acting is mediocre at best compared to previous seasons .

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This is what I think happens too, i.e. something bad happens and Negan offers to deal with it which keeps him from being offed by the Maggie-family.

When it comes to intriguing characters the show is lacking...

Negan, Ann (Jadis)... Who else at this point?
no one really. they've stopped doing character development and people just wander around lobbing molotov cocktails. :)

but seriously, they don't go into character dev anymore. daryl and maggie have become afterthoughts and the ones we've focused on simply are not that compelling.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expected to see a battle like something out of Braveheart but got RedEyed Rick leaving Negan alive only to escape next season and bring his revenge. Lame at best but at least Eugene double loaded the bullets and blew up there guns . This show sadly has run out of material and the acting is mediocre at best compared to previous seasons .

I myself do not have a problem with the acting... I think the acting is as good as it gets given the writing.

I'm not seeing Negan going off and being a total bad-guy again... At least not like what he displayed the last 2 1/2 seasons. I expect more of bad-guy/good-guy... In other words doing bad things but in support of the community as a whole.

Basically an anti-hero, which I think would be really fun to watch.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no one really. they've stopped doing character development and people just wander around lobbing molotov cocktails. :)

but seriously, they don't go into character dev anymore. daryl and maggie have become afterthoughts and the ones we've focused on simply are not that compelling.

Yep. It came with having too many kinda-main characters.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The biggest drawback of the entire Negan arc is they never really went deep into Maggie post Glenn. They spent half a season wirh Sasha and Roseita wanting revenge and one episode on Maggie until she went all Michael Corleone in the finale. I am totally not buying that Daryl would kill Rick. Yeah, the disagreed and duked it out but that is what brothers do. That scene was also out of character for Jesus. Gregory he'd kill, Rick not so much.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest drawback of the entire Negan arc is they never really went deep into Maggie post Glenn. They spent half a season wirh Sasha and Roseita wanting revenge and one episode on Maggie until she went all Michael Corleone in the finale. I am totally not buying that Daryl would kill Rick. Yeah, the disagreed and duked it out but that is what brothers do. That scene was also out of character for Jesus. Gregory he'd kill, Rick not so much.

I don't think they're talking about killing Rick but somehow ending Negan's life.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
So many people complain about the big show immediately after waiting ALL week to watch it.

Must be a group of Cowboys Fans :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

jnday

Reaction score
It would be good if they can tie the helicopter into the origin of infection. Secret government lab working on some sort of bio weapon had a leak but it seemed to have no effect until someone died. Could explain why everyone is infected and why bites kill you before you turn...that was the intent of the original bio weapon to kill, they did not expect the zombie thing.
The popular theory is that the Walter White blue meth caused the outbreak. Yes, I am serious. It makes sense if you watch the first episode of FTWD.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never talked about the prowrestling reference in episode 8-15...

(Negan) To be the man you gotta beat the man!

The creator of "The Walking Dead" Robert Kirkman originally planned a prowrestling graphic novel but was rejected by publishers.

I think one can see the prowrestling overtones in "TWD".

Blackrain

Reaction score
Looking forward to the interaction between Rick and Negan next season.

Yep cant wait for some more redeyed rhetoric about what Carl would have wanted instead of what should have been an epic hand to hand battle . They need to introduce a new powerful character . That big Indian dude from Banshee would be perfect . Sobbing sweaty Rick is played out . If Negan stays locked in a cell I don't see it being very entertaining hope I'm wrong .