The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
They are noticeably worse now for me and it’s not just the large group. The first half was mostly just bullets, death and explosions with very little else. I was confused on what was even going on much of the time it was so poorly thought out or talked about. When there was something else besides fighting, it was extremely slow with very little character progression outside of Eugene. This has probably been my least favorite season so far and was my most anticipated because I had read the graphic novels.
agreed on the pacing. but at least this last week i think they actually setup multiple "good" story lines to actually do something with all the different pieces.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
agreed on the pacing. but at least this last week i think they actually setup multiple "good" story lines to actually do something with all the different pieces.
The 2nd half has been better than the 1st half. The 1st half felt like Michael Bay took over or something. It’s actually had some interesting things going on like how Negan is being challenged by his number 2, how Negan is actually being fleshed out as more than Bravado and a leather jacket, the struggle Rick is having with doing what Carl requested vs his need for vengeance and Maggie struggling with how to handle the saviors. Hopefully it goes back to a more Walking Dead like show instead of Transformers 7: Zombies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the last thing you wanted to be on this show was a Dr. Carson.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of those "wash out" episodes where the story isn't advanced far. Not much in the way of intrigue or anything else for that matter.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ditto on the above. i was actually looking forward to seeing how we advance from last weeks pretty good show, and we get an hour of yawn.

just not a fan of when they have rick and negan talking about carl and we're getting some insight to character development and then this last week, rick is MIA.

and we still don't know why he had the bloody hand from the 1st episode.

i hate the way they jump around. annoying and hard to keep up and breaks any groove they manage to create.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normally I'd kick & scream about adding another group to the mix, but this one feels different in many ways.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny. A co-worker and I were just talking about Janis. She is a wildcard in every sense of the word. Intelligent. Calculating. I can definitely see her calling in a few favors with allies Rick and Negan may not be aware of.
Got the wildcard part right but totally underestimated how self-dependent they would portray Janis' character. Negan's escape from Rick's wrath was a nice touch. And I love how Janis treats anyone riding shotgun. :laugh:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got the wildcard part right but totally underestimated how self-dependent they would portray Janis' character. Negan's escape from Rick's wrath was a nice touch. And I love how Janis treats anyone riding shotgun. :laugh:

You know Rick wasn't going to actually hit Negan with any of those bullets he was spraying but I had to laugh... I mean he couldn't hit Negan with a single bullet yet he thinks he's going to hit him by throwing the hatchet at him? LOL!

I like the Negan character more when he's in wobbly state and not all bluster.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know Rick wasn't going to actually hit Negan with any of those bullets he was spraying but I had to laugh... I mean he couldn't hit Negan with a single bullet yet he thinks he's going to hit him by throwing the hatchet at him? LOL!

I like the Negan character more when he's in wobbly state and not all bluster.
Some people have voiced how Rick and crew could have ended Negan and his lieutenants back at the compound standoff. Rick could have easily shot Negan right there. End of storyline.

That non-event does not bother me not nearly as much as how badly Rick shoots at Negan during any given faceoff between the two characters. Sure, Negan makes himself a moving target (he has skills dodging bullets :p ) but Grimes has demonstrated his law enforcement/sheriff firearm accuracy a number of times over the past eight seasons. Close range. Long range. Rick aims. Shoots. You're out of the game. Walkers. People. Does not matter. He has hit too many targets with one bullet over the years but with Negan..? Rick cannot hit the broad side of a barn with that guy.

I loved psycho Negan's affection with his bat. Negan is right. Rick is psychotic but Rick is Batman crazy. Negan? He is full out The Joker/Heath Ledger insane. They are two sides of the same coin but Rick's side is the one you want to land on the ground face up.