The Walking Dead-Season 9-Episodes 9-16

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Tell me how it is that's Daryl hasn't just kicked that kid's *** and beat the **** out of him and taken his back to his "parents" and told them how he's put everyone's lives in jeopardy?

This puppy love nonsense is likely going to get a lot of innocent people killed before it's all said and done, that looks crystal clear. And when that happens or we the viewers expected to feel sadness or loss? Because all I'll be feeling is blame. Blame for the kid that caused it all, and blame for the characters that stood back while it all happened.

Pardon the pun, but I can clearly see the @iceberg coming!

Henry needs a trip to the woodshed.

rynochop

Reaction score
love how, they wrapped up the X scar without dragging it out.
I can't believe they did that in one episode..good for them.ha. I guess i still don't get the riff with Michonne and hilltop/Maggie

But yeah, really good show tonight. Mystery guest next week on the after show...guess someone gets whacked, can't imagine who

RodeoJake

Reaction score
love how, they wrapped up the X scar without dragging it out.

I was hoping for a more insidious explanation to explain her closed-off attitude. A former friend training children to be savages and her and Daryl being branded seemed kinda weak to me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I was hoping for a more insidious explanation to explain her closed-off attitude. A former friend training children to be savages and her and Daryl being branded seemed kinda weak to me.
they took all their food
killed a few friends
betrayed her trust of which she didn't give too easily anyway
and she didn't want to risk it again. going through that almost cost her judith, her last link to rick. she also had to kill a lot of children in order to save her own. i would think that would be pretty traumatic.

all that said, the show itself "in that regard" almost made the X a throw away. *why* did the kids need to do this? brand them for what? did i miss something? to prove they could but nothing else? it also still doesn't explain why her and maggie didn't talk for years.

while i'm glad they didn't drag it out now i'm like "but that was rushed" - so maybe it's me and i just can't make up my mind. :)

RodeoJake

Reaction score
they took all their food
killed a few friends
betrayed her trust of which she didn't give too easily anyway
and she didn't want to risk it again. going through that almost cost her judith, her last link to rick. she also had to kill a lot of children in order to save her own. i would think that would be pretty traumatic.

all that said, the show itself "in that regard" almost made the X a throw away. *why* did the kids need to do this? brand them for what? did i miss something? to prove they could but nothing else? it also still doesn't explain why her and maggie didn't talk for years.

while i'm glad they didn't drag it out now i'm like "but that was rushed" - so maybe it's me and i just can't make up my mind. :)

I guess I'm thinking there coulda be something more than branding. The only thing I can take from it was treating them like cattle, but that doesn't fit because they were just gonna kill them. Why brand just to kill? You don't brand cattle just before the slaughter.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I guess I'm thinking there coulda be something more than branding. The only thing I can take from it was treating them like cattle, but that doesn't fit because they were just gonna kill them. Why brand just to kill? You don't brand cattle just before the slaughter.
yea, the branding itself was like "why"? teach kids to be "tough"? this is just part that seems stuck in to fill a gap, not actually tell a story.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
yea, the branding itself was like "why"? teach kids to be "tough"? this is just part that seems stuck in to fill a gap, not actually tell a story.

It ain't tough branding someone strung up like a carcass.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It ain't tough branding someone strung up like a carcass.
yea, hence the ? - i just don't get the whys behind the logic of doing it. nothing new for TWD but oh well. at least the dropped story and ran vs. milking a bad connection for 3-4 shows.

timb2

Reaction score
I think on The Walking Dead they need to have The Zombies take on a Bunch of Crackheads....My money is on the Crackheads because they are more dangerous.

They can film in one of these cities that has legalized pot because those druggies all hang out there, Annoying and scaring all the good people away.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The commercials during this episode were a bit abrupt on my end. It felt like I missed portions of the episode. Did it show how Daryl and Michonne were captured or how they escaped?

Yep, they were cut off and gave up their weapons... Were then cold-cocked.

Daryl worked his hands loose from being held above his head.