The Walking Dead: The Return, Tonight!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first Andrea-based episode that I liked.

Kind of unbelievable though on how the Gov kept finding her. I mean come'on.

But of course we know that she couldn't do the "Paul Revere" thing for the prison (at this point) or much of the tension would go "Poof".

Question is the person who started the fires the same person the Gov (and probably most of the audience) believes who did it?

I think we're headed for some "razzle-dazzle" by the writers.

ethiostar

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5026166 said:
The first Andrea-based episode that I liked.

Kind of unbelievable though on how the Gov kept finding her. I mean come'on.

But of course we know that she couldn't do the "Paul Revere" thing for the prison (at this point) or much of the tension would go "Poof".

Question is the person who started the fires the same person the Gov (and probably most of the audience) believes who did it?

I think we're headed for some "razzle-dazzle" by the writers.

My guess is Hector.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ethiostar;5026210 said:
My guess is Hector.

Martinez?

Is his first name Hector? I dunno.

But anyway I'm thinking Martinez.

A couple of times there were lines in the show about his extreme loyalty to the Governor... That in itself seems to be red herring.

And then there was his brief conversation with Daryl which had the required posturing but also seemed like a bit of a turn for the character.

ethiostar

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5026302 said:
Martinez?

A couple of times there were lines in the show about his extreme loyalty to the Governor... That in itself seems to be red herring.

And then there was his brief conversation with Daryl which had the required posturing but also seemed like a bit of a turn for the character.

Yes, that's who I meant, for reasons you stated.

I don't know where I got Hector. :laugh1:

ethiostar

Reaction score
zrinkill;5026335 said:
Why did she not take the governors truck?

That's the first thing I thought too. Maybe he didn't leave the key in the ignition but then again she never checked.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
zrinkill;5026335 said:

I thought that as well, but I figured that maybe he had the keys with him and, well, he was pretty busy at the time so she just left it alone.

ethiostar

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5026302 said:
Martinez?

BTW, his first name is Caesar.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;5026343 said:
I thought that as well, but I figured that maybe he had the keys with him and, well, he was pretty busy at the time so she just left it alone.

Well by hook or by crook she wasn't making it to the prison... Not in this episode anyway.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;5026335 said:

Could be she never checked.
Could be she did not check on purpose so that if he was indeed killed by the zombies and someone else from Woodbury found the truck and found him they would not think someone else got away. If they found him as a zombie but no truck they would know that it was probably andrea.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ethiostar;5026210 said:
My guess is Hector.
Had to be Milton, which is why there was that sequence towards the end when the Gov. told Milton he already figured out who did it.

Although, I'm not sure how he could have gotten out of Woodbury with a truck.

While I still think this episode was lacking in terms of progressing the plot, at least until the very end, it was one of the better ones. For the first time in a while, it was actually exciting and tense, which is something this show has been missing for a while IMO. Great, great ep.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Future;5026459 said:
Had to be Milton, which is why there was that sequence towards the end when the Gov. told Milton he already figured out who did it.

Although, I'm not sure how he could have gotten out of Woodbury with a truck.

While I still think this episode was lacking in terms of progressing the plot, at least until the very end, it was one of the better ones. For the first time in a while, it was actually exciting and tense, which is something this show has been missing for a while IMO. Great, great ep.

I think that is too obvious and doesn't provide much of an intrigue for episodes coming up. I don't see any reason not to disclose the identity of the person who set the zombies on fire if it was Milton. He has been transparent with displeasure with the Governor and his actions. The Governor may well suspect Milton, and for good reasons, but ultimately it will prove to be someone else who is not too obvious.

Like I said, my best guess is Martinez. As Winicki pointed out, there have been subtle hints of his internal conflict but his position in the community and his outward loyalty to the Governor in my opinion makes him the perfect red herring.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ethiostar;5026496 said:
I think that is too obvious and doesn't provide much of an intrigue for episodes coming up. I don't see any reason not to disclose the identity of the person who set the zombies on fire if it was Milton. He has been transparent with displeasure with the Governor and his actions. The Governor may well suspect Milton, and for good reasons, but ultimately it will prove to be someone else who is not too obvious.

Like I said, my best guess is Martinez. As Winicki pointed out, there have been subtle hints of his internal conflict but his position in the community and his outward loyalty to the Governor in my opinion makes him the perfect red herring.

I think you guys are overthinking this. Martinez has been part of the Governor's execution squad for a while. He helped ambush the soldiers, he was firing on Rick's group when they unleashed the first batch of Zombies on the prison. This was just another day at the office for him.

Milton gave him a little smirk when he told the Governor it was a shame about the pits. He wanted the Governor to know he did it.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Joe Rod;5026521 said:
I think you guys are overthinking this. Martinez has been part of the Governor's execution squad for a while. He helped ambush the soldiers, he was firing on Rick's group when they unleashed the first batch of Zombies on the prison. This was just another day at the office for him.

Milton gave him a little smirk when he told the Governor it was a shame about the pits. He wanted the Governor to know he did it.

Maybe you're right. We'll see.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;5026521 said:

Could it have been Milton?

You bet.

But by not showing a face and inferring it was Milton at the end of the episode leads me to think that it wasn't.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it was Milton but you do bring up a great point that they did seem to try and make it seem obvious it's him...so possibly it won't be. That leaves something to think about there. I have to say I'd be pretty shocked if it were Martinez.

I still don't like Andrea but I did find myself rooting for her to get away and at least get to the prison to warn Rick. Which is a first since the very last episode of season one, where I decided I absolutely hated her. I've been rooting for her death every since.

I thought it was a good episode last night. I was really hoping Tyrese and the lady would get out of there and start their way back toward the prison. I hate that they got sucked right back into staying.

gambit187

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;5026858 said:
I think it was Milton but you do bring up a great point that they did seem to try and make it seem obvious it's him...so possibly it won't be. That leaves something to think about there. I have to say I'd be pretty shocked if it were Martinez.

I still don't like Andrea but I did find myself rooting for her to get away and at least get to the prison to warn Rick. Which is a first since the very last episode of season one, where I decided I absolutely hated her. I've been rooting for her death every since.

I thought it was a good episode last night. I was really hoping Tyrese and the lady would get out of there and start their way back toward the prison. I hate that they got sucked right back into staying.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was Martinez.....and I think Tyrese some how did not fully believe the BS the Governor was telling him.