The Walking Dead: The Return, Tonight!

Stryker44

Reaction score
gambit187;5027048 said:
I wouldn't be suprised if it was Martinez.....and I think Tyrese some how did not fully believe the BS the Governor was telling him.

Martinez really? He would lay down his life for the Governor without question. He is hardcore and merciless, just like the Governor. Honor, loyalty, and sacrifice for the man who rescued him from nothingness is a part of his culture.

Tyrese on the other hand has it in his nature to rebel against authority and challenge/question the status quo.

Why did the Governor lie about Andrea though, and say he didn't find her when he did? What's the deal with the all of a sudden reckless nature of his behavior, and poor tactics? I thought he was going to be a more worthy adversary/villain...but now they are making him out to be just an ordinary psycho. Kind of disappointing. Would like to see a chess match between him and Rick over the next few seasons to establish control of the country.

They've made him go from worthy/devious criminal mastermind to ordinary insane loon in the last 2 episodes.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Stryker44;5027122 said:
Martinez really? He would lay down his life for the Governor without question. He is hardcore and merciless, just like the Governor. Honor, loyalty, and sacrifice for the man who rescued him from nothingness is a part of his culture.

Tyrese on the other hand has it in his nature to rebel against authority and challenge/question the status quo.

Why did the Governor lie about Andrea though, and say he didn't find her when he did? What's the deal with the all of a sudden reckless nature of his behavior, and poor tactics? I thought he was going to be a more worthy adversary/villain...but now they are making him out to be just an ordinary psycho. Kind of disappointing. Would like to see a chess match between him and Rick over the next few seasons to establish control of the country.

They've made him go from worthy/devious criminal mastermind to ordinary insane loon in the last 2 episodes.
It's unlikely Tyrese would have been able obtain the gasoline and leave in a truck being a newbie. I would think some of the guards would know who left that night and that really wasn't addressed--hole in the story line. The Governor lied about Andrea because he doesn't want anyone to know that he's going to torture her. That at least looks like his plans. Along with Michonne if he can capture her.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Put me in the "Milton deep fried the pit zombies" camp :)

I also wonder if it were actually Milton, and not the Guv'nah, that was approaching Andrea in the final shot of the episode...? I mean to rescue her from the situation before it gets all gory and all.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix;5027286 said:

I also wonder if it were actually Milton, and not the Guv'nah, that was approaching Andrea in the final shot of the episode...? I mean to rescue her from the situation before it gets all gory and all.

He could of.

I just don't get the hiding his face while doing it sequence and the very obviously pointing at him doing it at the conclusion of the episode.

If it does work out that way then my estimation of the writing/plot sequence is too high.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Phoenix;5027286 said:

I didn't think anyone was approaching her in the final shot. I figured they were just showing the audience where she was, simply to show what the Governor has done with her.

I could be wrong though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ethiostar;5027385 said:
I didn't think anyone was approaching her in the final shot. I figured they were just showing the audience where she was, simply to show what the Governor has done with her.

I could be wrong though.
That's how I took it.

SPOILER...sorta

If the governor is anything like he was in the comics, Andrea is not getting out of that chair any time soon.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Damn, Merle went out in a pretty cool way.

Redemption arc, in a way.

Good episode, best one in the past 4.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Solid Episode tonight! It seems like the battle comes to the prison on the season finale, but who knows....maybe Rick can come up with something genius and catch the governors crew off-guard

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Derekmtl85;5031167 said:
Damn, Merle went out in a pretty cool way.

Redemption arc, in a way.

Good episode, best one in the past 4.
While I think last week's was probably better, this one was pretty good as well. They did a great job with Merle, though the scene where he was killed by his borther was a little too predictable.

I'm glad they got Merle, and even Michonne's problem, out before the final episode. If they had to determine what to do with Merle, Andrea, Michonne, the Gov, and the final battle between them in one episode, I think it would have been too much. Good balance between drama, action, and plot development in this one. Something that has been poorly lacking in previous episodes, imo.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wish they would showed Rick as being more cunning, ruthless and had them attack the Governor similar to how Merle did on his own. Rick's group could have wiped those guys out in that manner. I hope at least there is a plan set up at the prison in some manner like that. I'm wondering why we haven't seen any grenades (which Morgan did have) or other explosives which would give them a chance at defending the prison.

basstapp

Reaction score
Just a thought, but it would be cool if Rick and the gang left the prison and circled back and took over the governor's town. They are said to be arming everyone who is healthy which would leave the town defenseless.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
basstapp;5031401 said:
Just a thought, but it would be cool if Rick and the gang left the prison and circled back and took over the governor's town. They are said to be arming everyone who is healthy which would leave the town defenseless.

That was actually the first thought that crossed my mind, but I think TWD starts to get a bit stale when the main characters remain in the same place too long. I don't see them switching from the prison to town as that would in a sense be the same familiar place with the viewers.

I wouldn't mind them going to the town temporarily, but I am ready for next season to have a new setting even if that is moving from place to place regularly.

On a side note, I think it would be funny if they put all of the zombies they can find inside the prison before then leave. :D

/reality

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about taking the town also but don't see the writers going there. Raiding them of their supplies and weapons still left there would be cool also.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality;5031425 said:
On a side note, I think it would be funny if they put all of the zombies they can find inside the prison before then leave. :D

/reality

I think that's pretty much what's going to happen... between stuffing the prison buildings with zombies and a few well placed boobytraps, I think the group from Woodbury is going to have their hands full.

And the prison group will ambush them as they try to escape (possible but not likely) or they'll head straight to Woodbury to create mayhem and probably pick up Andrea (more likely).

They've acknowledged along the way that there were still zombies in the prison buildings and they could have brought more in from between the fences.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;5031437 said:
Yeah, I thought about taking the town also but don't see the writers going there. Raiding them of their supplies and weapons still left there would be cool also.

Take the town? No.

But visit the town while the Gov and his minions were headed to the prison? Yeah, I could see that.

Somehow Andrea needs to be connected back to the group.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5031505 said:
Take the town? No.

But visit the town while the Gov and his minions were headed to the prison? Yeah, I could see that.

Somehow Andrea needs to be connected back to the group.

Or killed off. :pray:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;5031512 said:
Or killed off. :pray:

Possibly but I just don't think so.

The governor will torture her a little, then he'll go on his little escapade to the prison, Tyrese or Milton will let Andrea go and she'll reunite with the group.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5031519 said:
Possibly but I just don't think so.

The governor will torture her a little, then he'll go on his little escapade to the prison, Tyrese or Milton will let Andrea go and she'll reunite with the group.
Sounds about right to me.

I'm really curious to see what effect Tyrese will have, especially if fighting breaks out between the two groups. I'm assuming he'd help Rick's group, but I doubt it will be easy for them to do so.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It would be a great scene if the Gov drove up to Woodbury and Rick was standing on the wall.