The Walking Dead...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Idgit;4471719 said:
Whatever. This show rocks. It'll be hard to buy docile zombies until the first episode of next season, when the plot moves on to more gore and more zombie situations.

I don't understand the criticism of season 2's farm setting. I liked this last season quite a bit better than season 1. There's a lot to be said for creating a haven where the characters can feel safe and then blowing it up. And it left plenty of time for character development. They did that, too, with the CDC, but while they were safe there, it didn't have the comfortable old-world we-can-build-a-life-here quality. And the bad CGI when they blew it up was really unsatisfying there at the end of the season.

you mean they really didn't blow it up? : )

i know rick is catching flack for not telling everyone about being infected, but he had no proof at the time. why tell everyone something that may or may not be true?

i do think the way he told the group he killed shane was pretty bad and poorly written but i'll have to see where they go from here to really know.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;4471731 said:
you mean they really didn't blow it up? : )

i know rick is catching flack for not telling everyone about being infected, but he had no proof at the time. why tell everyone something that may or may not be true?

i do think the way he told the group he killed shane was pretty bad and poorly written but i'll have to see where they go from here to really know.

They had so much to work into that last episode...they could have handled some of the bombshells better, for sure. It was rushed b/c they were trying to introduce elements for season 3 and b/c they had so many zombies to whack.

I think they could have handled the character development better if they ratcheted down the condemnation of Rick's leadership from the group (he *is* a ******, and he did help save everybody in an extreme situation when the farm was overrun), and then ratcheted *up* the tension between him and Lori over Shane's death...and by that I mean more dialogue, or even a fight, and not just her looking upset.

In terms of emotional impact, killing your best friend and partner is a much bigger deal than finding out they're all carrying the zombie virus. The group should have been freaked out by that development, but not mad at Rick. Lori, though, might take it as further evidence that Rick's withholding from her and making decisions that affect her family without talking to her. There's lots of meat for a dysfunctional and grossly unfair conflict between Rick and Lori that they can take advantage of there. Having Rick's leadership questioned by Lori in some way is good for the show. It gives him another hard choice to make. Having the group question him weakens his character, I think, and is counter-productive.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Danny White;4471715 said:
Wow, I just finished all the ones posted there.

Some GREAT plot-lines in store for us for at least 3 more seasons!!!

Thanks so much for sharing that link!

Is anybody in the current group still alive at that point? :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Phoenix;4471792 said:
Is anybody in the current group still alive at that point? :)

EVERYONE has their own pet zombie... Lori keeps Shane on a leash just to piss Rick off.

They learn that Zombies are allergic to showtunes and manage to defeat them by singing "Oklahoma" on a constant loop.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Danny White;4471715 said:
Wow, I just finished all the ones posted there.

Some GREAT plot-lines in store for us for at least 3 more seasons!!!

Thanks so much for sharing that link!

No problem! It helps explain a lot, and the show is based on it...so people complaining about Michonne should read it, they have to stay true to the comics the show is based on, and she had 2 pet zombies (her bf and his friend) who she cut the jaw off, so they can't bite her.

She even says, they basically just gave up trying, and she keeps them with her to blend in with other Walkers, so she doesn't attract too much attention, hence why she's still alive.

And yes, season 3 and 4 should be epic if they follow the comics.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
iceberg;4470386 said:
it's one thing to do it tongue and cheek. it's another to try and go for realism and then pull a comic book stunt.

regardless of the direction this goes, at this point that doesn't make any sense.

Buddy, it's based on a comic book...And Michonne's arrival is one of the biggest moments in the comics, they couldn't change that just for a select few people who want it to be 100% realistic, even if it's a zombie show.

Did you think they would drop out everything that seemed too comic book-ish? Because then you'd be left with nothing at all.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4476455 said:
Buddy, it's based on a comic book...And Michonne's arrival is one of the biggest moments in the comics, they couldn't change that just for a select few people who want it to be 100% realistic, even if it's a zombie show.

Did you think they would drop out everything that seemed too comic book-ish? Because then you'd be left with nothing at all.

it's based on a comic?

really. i had no idea.

thanks.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I'm saying that because of course it will be comic book-ish, it's based on one...they won't change the things that made it different from other zombie movies/novels, just to please a few fans that want it to be super realistic, even if it's a zombie show.

They explain the zombie pet thing in the comics, i posted the link earlier to every issue if you want to take a look, it's almost better than the show.

Worth reading for any fans of the tv show.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4476578 said:
I'm saying that because of course it will be comic book-ish, it's based on one...they won't change the things that made it different from other zombie movies/novels, just to please a few fans that want it to be super realistic, even if it's a zombie show.

They explain the zombie pet thing in the comics, i posted the link earlier to every issue if you want to take a look, it's almost better than the show.

Worth reading for any fans of the tv show.

and that's fine. but up to this point they avoided 'comic book stuff' so it was a surprise to see a freak on a leashe to me. that was the 1st time i went "wow, comic book" in the entire series.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
iceberg;4476587 said:
and that's fine. but up to this point they avoided 'comic book stuff' so it was a surprise to see a freak on a leashe to me. that was the 1st time i went "wow, comic book" in the entire series.

Fair enough, theirs some things that bug me too, but that particular scene needed to be done, because everyone who read the graphic novels loved the way they introduced Michonne, since she's one of the main characters, i don't think they wanted to change that.

But yeah, i hate the "shooting a million bullets and never running out" thing that seems to happen in every action show/movie.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4476615 said:
Fair enough, theirs some things that bug me too, but that particular scene needed to be done, because everyone who read the graphic novels loved the way they introduced Michonne, since she's one of the main characters, i don't think they wanted to change that.

But yeah, i hate the "shooting a million bullets and never running out" thing that seems to happen in every action show/movie.

i'm definately looking forward to the next run. :) great story so far.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4476615 said:

It would have been totally unacceptable for them to NOT have the two zombies on a leash for her. She's an epic character and that is how she is introduced... it's canon for her character.

It'd be like saying "Dragons... who'd believe that? Let's give Daenerys some puppies instead."

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if anything like a huge zombie outbreak did occur, after the dust-settled, you would see a variety of odd-ball characters out there surviving in their own unique way.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4476973 said:
I think if anything like a huge zombie outbreak did occur, after the dust-settled, you would see a variety of odd-ball characters out there surviving in their own unique way.

Yup, and she is smart. Keeping 2 walkers on a leash keeps the attention off of her when walking in the streets, she can blend in a bit with the hoodie and the walkers.

And they don't attack her anymore, even if they tried...they have no arms and no jaw.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Herschel's magic shotgun.... I found it distracting and unnecessary.

Otherwise, nicely done.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Future;4481078 said:
That's awesome, thanks for posting.

I'm having a lot of problems loading them though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I know I don't have the best internet connection, but it seems I'm having a problem loading those .pdf files. Any suggestions?

Refresh it if you see the loading bar stall, some times you have to do it a couple times, but they always end up working. :)