The way people treat others on this board

AzorAhai

Reaction score
We are not 5-1 with Romo and Dez. We pretty much lost the opener with Romo and Dez. We need to find a running back yet again and I am by no means sold on DMac like so many others are on this board. When it wasn't block he gained nothing, and when it was blocked you could walk Jerry in a wheel chair 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before getting touched. To me C-Mike is our best chance to win. What DMac showed was fools gold.

Ok, so we pretty much lost the 1st Giants game...but we didn't. Won the Eagles game by completely dominating their offense.

Without Romo and Dez we could still very easily be 3-1. Atl, NO and the Giants game were a couple of plays from all being wins, yet you somehow think we would have still lost those games with a Top 3 QB and WR added in the mix? And because we didn't have a RB you like?

RS12

Reaction score
I've been on this board since before Reality had it, and one thing I can tell you without a doubt is there is a lot more bare knuckle brawling between members when the team is losing. It is what it is. Usually worse during the summer months coming off a disapointing season.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
:huh:
You don't think we beat the Giants and Saints with Dez and Romo...and maybe Atlanta too?

Apparently not unless Michael was the RB. Romo and Dez can only do so much without the otherworldly Michael in the game. It's not like the team could have actually improved with Romo and Dez playing.

RunDMC

Reaction score
We are not 5-1 with Romo and Dez. We pretty much lost the opener with Romo and Dez. We need to find a running back yet again and I am by no means sold on DMac like so many others are on this board. When it wasn't block he gained nothing, and when it was blocked you could walk Jerry in a wheel chair 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before getting touched. To me C-Mike is our best chance to win. What DMac showed was fools gold.

Same BS with Murray. Take credit away from the runner for hitting the hole and running with aggression as well as patience. Really comical how you people refuse to give a good back credit for running well and helping his offensive line by not being hesitant. McFadden had the best day of his career more than your precious Michael has ever done. He's a relief guy nothing more. McFadden had a better day running the football than any back has in almost a year.

We basically lost the Giants game? Get out of here. The only thing keeping that game close was turnovers and guess what? We still won the game and damn near won yesterday with more turnovers. What has Michael done to warrant more carries? He got one good gain on one carry and nothing else. You wanna take credit away from McFadden for being helped by superior blocking so what are you saying the blocking stunk when Michael was in? No it wasn't he did.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I've been on this board since before Reality had it, and one thing I can tell you without a doubt is there is a lot more bare knuckle brawling between members when the team is losing. It is what it is. Usually worse during the summer months coming off a disapointing season.
Its just the way its always going to be. People who don't have a high amount of passion for the Cowboys aren't going to frequent a Cowboys forum in their leisure time.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Apparently your boy CMIKE has impressed (choke) everyone in practice enough to get 2-3 plays a week. Stop anointing people before they prove anything. He couldn't win the third team job in Seattle either. That's two sets of coaches seeing the same thing. You probably thought Matt Johnson was the next Woody, and Gus Johnson the next a Emmitt Smith also right?

Apparently, your boy Randle, couldn't impress enough to remain in the lead dog role. A place where he never belonged. Once he gets rid of that nag, don't expect him to be placed back where he doesn't belong.

Scatback Mountain

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
This all true but right now the haters are winning. They're arguing that the team is what it is and that other teams can win despite injuries. The truth is the Cowboys are entirely too dependent on Romo and not having the backup QB situated is a mistake that could end up n costing everything. Other than that I don't think there's too much that can be gleaned from the sample size of the time with Romo and certainly the team without Romo and Dez is not representative of the team with them. Plus you have to understand that a part of that is that the forum is a place to complain as annoying as it can get.

The season could very well be over and the team is certainly behind the eight ball. They were doing the same after Thanksgiving last year and the realists were crowing about the Eagles having the division wrapped. Hopefully the team can get out of their own way and scrape together a couple of wins or the rest of the division will continue to suck enough to make it interesting. Doesn't seem promising right now.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This all true but right now the haters are winning. They're arguing that the team is what it is and that other teams can win despite injuries. The truth is the Cowboys are entirely too dependent on Romo and not having the backup QB situated is a mistake that could end up n costing everything. Other than that I don't think there's too much that can be gleaned from the sample size of the time with Romo and certainly the team without Romo and Dez is not representative of the team with them. Plus you have to understand that a part of that is that the forum is a place to complain as annoying as it can get.

The season could very well be over and the team is certainly behind the eight ball. They were doing the same after Thanksgiving last year and the realists were crowing about the Eagles having the division wrapped. Hopefully the team can get out of their own way and scrape together a couple of wins or the rest of the division will continue to suck enough to make it interesting. Doesn't seem promising right now.

The season is nowhere close to being over. Don't let the clown contingent win.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
People are passionate about the team and oftentimes fiery in the way they express their opinions. Kind of like a Greg Hardy sideline outburst. No biggie.

coult44

Reaction score
Apparently, your boy Randle, couldn't impress enough to remain in the lead dog role. A place where he never belonged. Once he gets rid of that nag, don't expect him to be placed back where he doesn't belong.

Scatback Mountain

I hate Randle. Apparently you've got the wrong person brother!!!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We are 2-4 with no QB or WR and a hodge podge backfield and a do nothing Defense. Oh yeah and our STs are bad too.

It you are looking for optimism, this is the wrong place, wrong time.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

There are a lot of trolls in Cowboy nation. Most likely Eagles fans who have nothing better to do then post on Dallas message boards.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

I believe in approaching people with etiquette.

But please do understand. Posters put up threads asking for opinions and thoughts so in doing so it now becomes a forum for people to respond, rightfully so, what their views are.

If they think there's a good shot still (not me), then they are entitled to say so.

If they think there's no shot (my personal opinion), then I am entitled to say so.

Just because people are not believing we are going to make the playoffs does not mean they are not fans and does not mean they are not entitled to their view point.

To be even more specific. It does not mean that they are behaving like they are 5.

P.S - I have a friend that teaches athletic programs to youth and loves it. He's happy he's making a living as self employed and in that line of work. I am glad that you do as well.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

You & me both. I don't even know how long I've been here but I believe it has been about 10+ years. The amount of vitriol spewed today pales in comparison to the amount we spewed many many years back. I'm actually happy that I was tolerated long enough by Reality & the crew to mature a touch without being permabanned during the process...lol

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've been particularly salty this season for various reason, but I also notice a lot of newer people itching to jump on others and a lot more "I'm right you're wrong because I said so and/or know more than you..." than in seasons past.

I think we are all guilty at one time or another of posting something solely for the purpose of showing someone up, when it really brings nothing to the table whatsoever.

Just like the Cowboys though, it is what it is. You take the good with the bad or you move on.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I believe in approaching people with etiquette.

But please do understand. Posters put up threads asking for opinions and thoughts so in doing so it now becomes a forum for people to respond, rightfully so, what their views are.

If they think there's a good shot still (not me), then they are entitled to say so.

If they think there's no shot (my personal opinion), then I am entitled to say so.

Just because people are not believing we are going to make the playoffs does not mean they are not fans and does not mean they are not entitled to their view point.

To be even more specific. It does not mean that they are behaving like they are 5.

P.S - I have a friend that teaches athletic programs to youth and loves it. He's happy he's making a living as self employed and in that line of work. I am glad that you do as well.

I don't think it's the idea that the team has no shot. It's more aimed at people who claim that the injuries don't matter and that the team is bad anyway. You know, complete nonsense that is posted here as absolute truth.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Apparently your boy CMIKE has impressed (choke) everyone in practice enough to get 2-3 plays a week. Stop anointing people before they prove anything. He couldn't win the third team job in Seattle either. That's two sets of coaches seeing the same thing. You probably thought Matt Johnson was the next Woody, and Gus Johnson the next a Emmitt Smith also right?

Keep trolling. Now I am going to have to troll back in a week or two to prove that McOstrich isn't the answer when he goes back to his 3.2 yard average regardless of our offensive line. It's easy to be foolish and just go with the flow but hard to see what lies ahead.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The thing about having a family board, is it means we have teenagers with posting privileges here. Add the anonymity of the internet, and a four game losing streak, stir, and you get some not-great behavior.

I know from moderating it for a while now, it's mostly just bad when the team is losing. Sure, we have a small contingent of posters who just like to try to make the community worse, but for the most part we've turned those monsters into pets at this point. As long as they get their walk every now and then, they're pretty much content.

I agree with you that I don't understand the psychology of trying to bring fans down who just enjoy watching the Cowboys play football. When things suck, they suck. Tearing down people who want to point out that some parts suck less than others just seems petty. Then again, when you care about something a lot and aren't getting your way about it, everybody handles that differently.

Personally, I start immediately trying to diagnose the solution. The majority of the people here are the same way. A smaller group prefers to trash the room before they can calm down enough to start talking solutions, but by Wednesday afternoon, they've mostly come around, too. Only the trolls and the fans of other teams (who are welcome here, too) typically harbor ill-will longer than that, though, like with everything, there are exceptions to every rule. The best thing to do with that last group, as far as I'm concerned, is to simply let them know you don't respect the behavior, but to otherwise just not take the bait. They eventually stop, get smarter, or work their way through the digestive tract and out the cat-flap, so to speak.