The way people treat others on this board

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't think it's the idea that the team has no shot. It's more aimed at people who claim that the injuries don't matter and that the team is bad anyway. You know, complete nonsense that is posted here as absolute truth.

Is that any different than insisting it is all the injuries and were it not for Romo and Bryant being out the team would be undefeated?

It is an extreme viewpoint that for some reason you are suggesting is being posted en masse when it simply isn't.

And who is saying the injuries don't matter? People are talking about the degree it matters. When you are in three or four football games with a chance to win and fritter it away, how is the team exactly "good"? A "good team" finds ways to get it done. Carolina is undefeated. This is after losing their top WR and having talent at WR as bad or even worse than what we are trotting out there, injuries on their DL, etc.

I am not foolish enough to say that we should have won all four or even the majority of them with Weeden. But the games were there to win if the rest of the team, whether it be defense or special teams, does the little things well enough. A "good team" steals a win versus Atlanta, New Orleans or the Giants.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

WRONG! DO IT AGAIN!!

All in all it was, all....

.... just bricks in the Wall.

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The "we almost lost the first game" stuff is old and tired. That game is beyond typical in the NFL. Almost every divisional game go's down just like that. Win or lose they are usually close. ,

i think you defined how all games can end

jday

Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time most of us on here (I assume) are men and as men we should all be capable of giving and taking a word-lashing on the internet. It is a gift naturally bestowed upon us menses to alienate and take certain undesirables down a peg when necessary and a God-given right to exercise it...in a family-environment, PG kinda way...and i have every intention of taking full advantage.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you are saying, but at the same time most of us on here (I assume) are men and as men we should all be capable of giving and taking a word-lashing on the internet. It is a gift naturally bestowed upon us menses to alienate and take certain undesirables down a peg when necessary and a God-given right to exercise it...in a family-environment, PG kinda way...and i have every intention of taking full advantage.

I agree with this, too. It should be bare-knuckled where ideas or opinions are concerned. And then the guidelines handle how to treat other posters here as people. It's a pretty good system, all in all.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Is that any different than insisting it is all the injuries and were it not for Romo and Bryant being out the team would be undefeated?

It is an extreme viewpoint that for some reason you are suggesting is being posted en masse when it simply isn't.

And who is saying the injuries don't matter? People are talking about the degree it matters. When you are in three or four football games with a chance to win and fritter it away, how is the team exactly "good"? A "good team" finds ways to get it done. Carolina is undefeated. This is after losing their top WR and having talent at WR as bad or even worse than what we are trotting out there, injuries on their DL, etc.

I am not foolish enough to say that we should have won all four or even the majority of them with Weeden. But the games were there to win if the rest of the team, whether it be defense or special teams, does the little things well enough. A "good team" steals a win versus Atlanta, New Orleans or the Giants.

The idea is that people are arguing that the team is not good because they lost those close games and if they had their two best players, or for two of those games their three best players, they would have won. And you're right in that it is not necessarily a commonly expressed viewpoint, just something that is repeated by the ones expressing it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't think it's the idea that the team has no shot. It's more aimed at people who claim that the injuries don't matter and that the team is bad anyway. You know, complete nonsense that is posted here as absolute truth.

The injuries and constant change, which is necessary at this point to get different results, is what is hurting this team. No cohesion on any units because they haven't played together as a whole much because of the injuries.

But, the probable reality is. Because there is only so many games/time, the odds are totally against us. Even when Romo were to get back you expect 6-0? Just so we can go 8-8? In saying that, we would miss the playoffs and are most probably toast for the season.

Lots of logic and rational to substantiate such a statement and viewpoint. We're 0-4 and knocking on 0-5 next week.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The injuries and constant change, which is necessary at this point to get different results, is what is hurting this team. No cohesion on any units because they haven't played together as a whole much because of the injuries.

But, the probable reality is. Because there is only so many games/time, the odds are totally against us. Even when Romo were to get back you expect 6-0? Just so we can go 8-8? In saying that, we would miss the playoffs and are most probably toast for the season.

Lots of logic and rational to substantiate such a statement and viewpoint. We're 0-4 and knocking on 0-5 next week.

You missed the point.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Apparently your boy CMIKE has impressed (choke) everyone in practice enough to get 2-3 plays a week. Stop anointing people before they prove anything. He couldn't win the third team job in Seattle either. That's two sets of coaches seeing the same thing. You probably thought Matt Johnson was the next Woody, and Gus Johnson the next a Emmitt Smith also right?

This is why I always say "His bust is being molded as we speak" in multiple threads about the next savior.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

OK first off all you make a lot off sense and stuff.

But I am concerned with your spelling, grammar and parallel constriction.

If you are selling plywood at the Farmers branch flea market I would say you are above average but are you sure you is an educator???

One Love
Holla

waving monkey

Reaction score

the whining is a mental health issue

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
There is literally a poster here who has fashioned FAN into an insult. I lurked the board for years but joined to respond to the people going after the refs for a questionable call, pass interference on the blocking play against the Rams, that helped the Cowboys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Welcome to the internet. Where people flex their internet muscles cause theyre comfortably safe behind their computer screens.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
OK first off all you make a lot off sense and stuff.

But I am concerned with your spelling, grammar and parallel constriction.

If you are selling plywood at the Farmers branch flea market I would say you are above average but are you sure you is an educator???

One Love
Holla

PhysEd ;)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We are not 5-1 with Romo and Dez. We pretty much lost the opener with Romo and Dez. We need to find a running back yet again and I am by no means sold on DMac like so many others are on this board. When it wasn't block he gained nothing, and when it was blocked you could walk Jerry in a wheel chair 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before getting touched. To me C-Mike is our best chance to win. What DMac showed was fools gold.

But we didn't lose the first game. Doesn't matter how we won as long as we won. No such thing as an ugly or pretty win