The way people treat others on this board

KingLerxst

Reaction score
This board is no different then any other message board. Especially sports related forums.
I've been a member of a number. A Longhorn fan board. That,for obvious reasons over the last few years,can be a brutal place to state an opinion. One way or another. A Spurs board. Where even with all the success over the last 20 years has its share of people fighting just because they don't win a title every year. Used to spends lot of my time on another Cowboys board that is much worse than this place when it comes to people attacking each other.
If your going to post an opinion on just about any site. You better have some pretty thick skin. Because eventually,you're going to get "jumped" for something you post.
The great thing about this place.And the reason I find myself almost exclusively using this site for my Cowboys fix now days. Is how it's moderated. From rant forums where people can go to extremes without muddying up the main forum with their need to blow off steam. To the ignore function. Which is a great way to avoid those folks who's posting style is so contrary to what yours might be,that you know anything they post is probably going to annoy you. Be that the style of a "negative nancy" or a " happy fan".
Long story long. While it ain't perfect. This is probably one of the better forums out there.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I apologize for having a bachelors degree, a masters degree, and for getting paid well to do what I love. Go Cowboys

Hopefully, you get a chance to edit your original post (gramattically). I'm pretty sure everybody here wants to win regardless of their issues with how they consider the team to be managed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

Great post. (I don't say that very often around here)

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that man out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

Citizen-Kane-gif.gif

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
This is by far one of the better behaved forums on the internet...

Take away the censors, and all hell would break loose.

bodi

Reaction score
We are not 5-1 with Romo and Dez. We pretty much lost the opener with Romo and Dez. We need to find a running back yet again and I am by no means sold on DMac like so many others are on this board. When it wasn't block he gained nothing, and when it was blocked you could walk Jerry in a wheel chair 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before getting touched. To me C-Mike is our best chance to win. What DMac showed was fools gold.

ok DUDE what ever no fits

and C MIKEY will be able to get yards ??

when according to you

When it wasn't block he gained nothing, and when it was blocked you could walk Jerry in a wheel chair 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before getting touched. To me C-Mike is our best chance to win. What DMac showed was fools gold

whats C Mikey going to do ?

UNBELIEVABLE POST

Dodger12

Reaction score

So are you lamenting about how people treat each other on the board (which is the title of your thread) or why/how people are criticizing the team because they're two different things? I agree with your thread title but not your post. You're just being critical of folks who happen to have a different opinion than yourself.

In addition, am I to assume that, in your classroom, you only tolerate one unified opinion that you dictate?

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
So are you lamenting about how people treat each other on the board (which is the title of your thread) or why/how people are criticizing the team because they're two different things? I agree with your thread title but not your post. You're just being critical of folks who happen to have a different opinion than yourself.

In addition, am I to assume that, in your classroom, you only tolerate one unified opinion that you dictate?

It's perfectly fine to have different views but people on here think others are dumb for having them. Even if you do, you don't need to air that out. I go back and forth all the time with people on players but it's always civil

Dodger12

Reaction score
It's perfectly fine to have different views but people on here think others are dumb for having them. Even if you do, you don't need to air that out. I go back and forth all the time with people on players but it's always civil

I understand what you're trying to say but then you "lay" into fans who have differing a differing opinion(s) than yourself. You assume that folks who are critical of this team are happy they're losing so they can say "I told you so." So you want to preach civility but then make assumptions about folks who happen to have a different opinion then yourself. Again, I agree with the title but think your post is a bit hypocritical.

jnday

Reaction score
I teach elementary Physed. A lot of you on here act like they do. We're all mad about this season. I had us in the SB, but it doesn't give you the right to act like your 5. Some of you I swear are happy were losing just so you can say "I told you so." No you really didn't. We're 5-1 with Romo and Dez and I can't be convinced otherwise. I pray were still in the fight when he comes back cause I'll never count that owman out. Everyone's gonna be right/wrong about things, myself and you included, doesn't mean we gotta crucify eachother. If you've given up on the season there's two places for you draft and rant zone. Things are very grim, but I believe and im not about to make people feel like crap for having some faith

Nobody is trying to make you feel like crap due to your opinion. Your opinion is very unrealistic and it shows that your emotions as a fan overrides your common sense. If you want to believe in your opinion, good for you, just don't take it th heart when others disagree. I know many posters consider a realistic outlook as negative and that you can't be a fan if you don't believe as you do. If I took away the fact that I am a Dallas fan and looked at any other team, I would have the same conclusion as many on this board and say that any team in this situation can consider the season over. Nothing against you personally at all.

popp1234

Reaction score

I have been called names on this board, but never to my face. Lots of Cyber Heroes on the Internet....Just saying.