The Weeden or What if Tebow or Johnny Football (or any other QB out there) mega thread *merged*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's fair to say it didn't work out well for the Cowboys. But it may have worked out better for them to lose money than to keep a disgruntled employee. So see ya, wouldn't want to be ya Mr. Orton.

"It may have", suddenly becomes an excuse for them? He either fulfilled his contract or he gave the money back. This nonsense about an NFL player tanking games is just that.

You want a good outcome for Dallas when one wasn't likely available. Then you want to grouse about it being a bad FO because of it. Some of us reject that as unreasonable.

And you want to absolve them of getting shafted yet again by painting this as some 'no win' situation for them when the facts are that it wasn't. But this team has twice shown that they don't have the courage to stand up to malcontent players when they should.

And when the next one comes along to hold them hostage, none of you have the right to act surprised or outraged. This team has shown that if you want out and you want to keep your money, just act up or don't show up for work and you'll get your way.

And they've done it twice.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeah, as opposed to giving up a 1st, 3rd and 6th in what is often called the worst trade in Cowboys history.

Yes, yes I do.

This is pathetic. Care to jump in the Delorean with Doc and Marty even further and dig up any other names from 6 years ago to again try and fail to excuse mistakes from this year?

Orton did not want to play in Dallas. Somehow that is the Cowboys mistake. In your mind Dallas can control what he wants. That makes no sense, but in some alternate reality Dallas is much better off keeping a disgruntled Orton on the team. They would be 9-0 probably.

Matt Jones blew. The Roy Williams trade was bad and I never said it wasn't, but I am sure glad they didn't sign Matt Friggin Jones. Someone who you thought would be all-pro.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
"It may have", suddenly becomes an excuse for them? He either fulfilled his contract or he gave the money back. This nonsense about an NFL player tanking games is just that.

And you want to absolve them of getting shafted yet again by painting this as some 'no win' situation for them when the facts are that it wasn't. But this team has twice shown that they don't have the courage to stand up to malcontent players when they should.

And when the next one comes along to hold the, hostage, none of you have the right to act surprised or outraged. This team has shown that if you want out and you want to keep your money, just act up or don't show up for work and you'll get your way.

And they've done it twice.

I didn't say he would have tanked games. There's probably a lot more to it than anyone here has heard or perhaps thought of. I didn't like it but I'm not having a hissy fit about it and pointing fingers at the FO over a backup QB whom many here didn't like anyway.

I'm not having a disgruntled employee one snap away from running my team. If he were 25 years old then this would have gone down differently. Orton would have had to accept his karma since he couldn't make a bad move at that age. At retirement age he took a chance and got picked up by a team that needed a QB so badly he ended up starting for them. He could have just as easily got screwed.

Or it may be like this. Perhaps he went to Jerry or Jason and told them he'd quietly been contacted by Buffalo. They couldn't do it up front as that is tampering. He may have asked for a favor to be allowed to go play for them. Maybe Jerry didn't like it but eventually go talked into it by another who or maybe Buffalo got the favor from Jerry. It's not preposterous for something like that to have happened.

But you have to make this a major foopah by the FO and throw a fit about it. That's like you.

Who give a **** where he is? Once he didn't report I didn't want him here. I want players who want to play for me. And got news for you....every FO has its skeletons in the closet or out in the open for everyone to snicker about should that be their wish.

No absolution needed so none granted whatever that means to you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Orton did not want to play in Dallas. Somehow that is the Cowboys mistake. In your mind Dallas can control what he wants. That makes no sense, but in some alternate reality Dallas is much better off keeping a disgruntled Orton on the team.

No, they're better off letting him walk away with $3 million in money he didn't earn. Showing the blueprint to the next malcontent looking for money for nothin.

They would be 9-0 probably.

Reduction ad absurdum. More nonsense.

Matt Jones blew. The Roy Williams trade was bad and I never said it wasn't, but I am sure glad they didn't sign Matt Friggin Jones. Someone who you thought would be all-pro.

More nonsense, now with lies included! Show proof of where I ever made such a claim or be called out as a liar.

Try to stick with the actual topic at hand rather than some failed attempt to drag stuff up from 6 years ago.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, as opposed to giving up a 1st, 3rd and 6th in what is often called the worst trade in Cowboys history.

No it isn't. Does the name Joey Galloway (2 1st round draft picks) ring a bell?

RW31 was certainly a bad trade but I never see it refered to as the worst trade in Cowboys history.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say he would have tanked games. There's probably a lot more to it than anyone here has heard or perhaps thought of. I didn't like it but I'm not having a hissy fit about it and pointing fingers at the FO over a backup QB whom many here didn't like anyway.

I'm not having a disgruntled employee one snap away from running my team. If he were 25 years old then this would have gone down differently. Orton would have had to accept his karma since he couldn't make a bad move at that age. At retirement age he took a chance and got picked up by a team that needed a QB so badly he ended up starting for them. He could have just as easily got screwed.

How is walking away with $3 million of money you didn't earn "getting screwed"? I know who got screwed, at it sure wasn't Kyle Orton!

Or it may be like this. Perhaps he went to Jerry or Jason and told them he'd quietly been contacted by Buffalo. They couldn't do it up front as that is tampering. He may have asked for a favor to be allowed to go play for them. Maybe Jerry didn't like it but eventually go talked into it by another who or maybe Buffalo got the favor from Jerry. It's not preposterous for something like that to have happened.

"Pretty please can we have this player?" Sure, happens all the time in the NFL. Amazing what some will try to conjure up to protect their Cowboys...

But you have to make this a major foopah by the FO and throw a fit about it. That's like you.

If being upset when the team gets taken to the cleaners by yet another player makes me the bad guy? Guilty as charged.

Who give a **** where he is? Once he didn't report I didn't want him here. I want players who want to play for me. And got news for you....every FO has its skeletons in the closet or out in the open for everyone to snicker about should that be their wish.

No absolution needed so none granted whatever that means to you.

Show me the last one to let not one, but two players walk away to another team yet keep the bonus money they didn't earn.

Then we'll talk more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it isn't. Does the name Joey Galloway (2 1st round draft picks) ring a bell?

RW31 was certainly a bad trade but I never see it refered to as the worst trade in Cowboys history.

Google is your friend.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How is walking away with $3 million of money you didn't earn "getting screwed"? I know who got screwed, at it sure wasn't Kyle Orton!

Uh, he could have been left on the outside and permanently retired; either by being blackballed or just not getting picked up.

"Pretty please can we have this player?" Sure, happens all the time in the NFL. Amazing what some will try to conjure up to protect their Cowboys...

I have no idea what this means.

If being upset when the team gets taken to the cleaners by yet another player makes me the bad guy? Guilty as charged.

I didn't say you were a bad guy.

Show me the last one to let not one, but two players walk away to another team yet keep the bonus money they didn't earn.

Then we'll talk more.

I don't care who walks and how. If they don't want to be here then I say don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Humor or lack of it aside, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why you wouldn't want a player like this on the team.

You're still stuck on being somehow 'jilted' which just shows your mindset. For me its team first and the goal is to win. If you can't help me win then buh bye.

And stop referring to those you disagree with (other than me) as homers or how they will go to extremes to defend 'their' team. First it's your team, too; at least I hope so. And second you've done this to some here today and its a favorite tactic of yours. Stop demonizing and labeling those you disagree with; even subtly. And this message is for all not just directed at you.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, they're better off letting him walk away with $3 million in money he didn't earn. Showing the blueprint to the next malcontent looking for money for nothin.

You have provided no instruction on how Dallas was supposed to force him to either play or pay back the money. It is easy to say they should force him to play or pay back the money, but you have no idea how to actually do it. It is far easier for you to just moan and make accusations of people excuses Dallas' mistakes(which I still haven't seen yet).

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Here is a better idea...Why not release Weeden and sign Clark Kent...LOL!
tumblr_kzhw5xXqPD1qbspjbo1_500.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have provided no instruction on how Dallas was supposed to force him to either play or pay back the money. It is easy to say they should force him to play or pay back the money, but you have no idea how to actually do it. It is far easier for you to just moan and make accusations of people excuses Dallas' mistakes(which I still haven't seen yet).

There are league rules, to say nothing of courts. He signed a legally binding contract.

If Orton refused to report, he was in breach of contract and would legally owe that bonus money back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care who walks and how. If they don't want to be here then I say don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Humor or lack of it aside, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why you wouldn't want a player like this on the team.

You're still stuck on being somehow 'jilted' which just shows your mindset. For me its team first and the goal is to win. If you can't help me win then buh bye.

And stop referring to those you disagree with (other than me) as homers or how they will go to extremes to defend 'their' team. First it's your team, too; at least I hope so. And second you've done this to some here today and its a favorite tactic of yours. Stop demonizing and labeling those you disagree with; even subtly. And this message is for all not just directed at you.

Where did I call anyone a homer?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I would take Tim Tebow in a heartbeat.

His stat line would be like 12 for 33, 200 yards and 1 TD...

But somehow, we'd end up winning .

Don't care who gets the stats as long as the team gets the win.

KB1122

Reaction score
Our best option might be Johnny Football, assuming he came at a discount price in terms of draft picks. Assuming the Cowboys end up at about 10-6, the price of moving up to the top of the draft for a quarterback would be prohibitive.The cost of Manziel in a trade would probably be manageable (say a 2nd or 3rd plus a 5-6th). Even if it took a first round pick, that would be what you would use on a quarterback, anyway, and you wouldn't be "waiting to see what falls to you." Talent-wise, Manziel is probably (at least) equal to what we would be looking at for a quarterback in the mid-20s.